Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Probably things are changing and let's give the system a chance then be cynic to every good steps they try to take. Thumbs up.
PS: Being cynic to every thing has become too common to digest these days, can we change ourselves first before wishing that the world will change by itself?
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, lets give them a chance. We cannot pass on the judgement w/o even testing this option. So, next time, when the Petrol bunk refuses to fill in my car with the normal fuel, the same minute I will register the complaint on this bunk. I wish to see their faces when I mention to them that I'am givng complaint against them. ;-)
Old 6th October 2008, 12:18   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Yeah, lets give them a chance. We cannot pass on the judgement w/o even testing this option. So, next time, when the Petrol bunk refuses to fill in my car with the normal fuel, the same minute I will register the complaint on this bunk. I wish to see their faces when I mention to them that I'am givng complaint against them. ;-)
I think non availability of normal fuel is not the problem with the station, it is to do with the supplier himself because irrespective of what fuel they sell the pumps will be making profits.

We can however complain to them about the quality of the fuel or any fraudulent practices of the station.
Old 21st October 2008, 20:33   #19

Thanks for the information.

I have not had any bad experience until last week at BP outlet in Frazer Town, Bangalore. Wondered how i can get this addressed. Now i will not wait to complain.
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:04   #20
BHPian

Very useful information and yes, we should make use of them.

Also, I feel that this medium could also be used to report customer satisfaction with some dealer. I know, that being honest and giving good service is expected from every dealer and would not, in an ideal world, call for any special mention. But then, this is India, and it does take special qualities to be different from the rest and follow the right path. I say all of this with the HP pump near Jubilee Hills checkpost in mind, which has consistently served me well.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:58   #21
BHPian

I called BP number to complain. Yes, the operator was friendly and polite.
And yes, he was listening. But he promised that someone will attend my complaint within 24 hours. But no one called me. It is two days since then.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
So how different is this going to be from the email complaints that many (including me) have already sent ?
John, from what I know, the best way to get the pump operator's attention in case you have a grouse is to ask for the complaint book kept at each petrol station. I have heard that oil companies are quite serious about complaints listed in the book by customers and thus the operators will correct their behaviour (say short-filling of petrol) the moment you ask for the complaint book.
Old 16th December 2008, 23:24   #23
BHPian

The attender always try to divert your mind. Please dont look/talk to any one. Just look into the meter. This is my personal experience.
Old 17th December 2008, 16:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
John, from what I know, the best way to get the pump operator's attention in case you have a grouse is to ask for the complaint book kept at each petrol station. I have heard that oil companies are quite serious about complaints listed in the book by customers and thus the operators will correct their behaviour (say short-filling of petrol) the moment you ask for the complaint book.
What SB says is 100% correct, I tried this myself, I was given petrol coupons when I bought my i10. I had some left over coupons worth 700 and since the expiry date was Dec 31st, 2008, went to the IOC bunk in GST road to fill up. went there at around 7.30 in the morn, the attender on saying I have the coupon, said they were no longer accepting them, I was pissed off, as I had come all the way from home just for this. I told the validity is still there, he quoted some HQ order.

I told I wanted to speak to the manager, he took me to him. He too said the same story, I asked him to speak to the HQ and get back to me. He told come back at 10.00 A.M. I plainly refused to move, also asked for the complaint book and told him I will speak to the commercial officer in Nungambakkam road(bluffed). That got him sweating, after a few minutes of hesitation, he asked the attender to fill up my car and I left.
Old 15th January 2009, 18:18   #25
BHPian

Bharath Petroleum Calls me! .... After a month

I complained to Bharath Petroleum on 14th December, on the day my car was filled with 45 liters of petrol where as the tank capacity is 42. Liters.
Today, 15th January, Mr. Lala Dhakolia from Bharath Petroleum called me and explained to me that the cars have something called airgap. Bharath Petroleum says that the tanks can take 4-5 litres extra. He said he had discussed in depth about such cases with his friend working in Maruthi Service center. I have the audio conversation recorded. Let me see whether I can upload it.(unfortunately I can't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant2go View Post
I called BP number to complain. Yes, the operator was friendly and polite.
And yes, he was listening. But he promised that someone will attend my complaint within 24 hours. But no one called me. It is two days since then.
Old 15th January 2009, 18:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

I had a experience at the IOC pump in Adyar a year and half back when I noticed that despite filling up for a decent amount, the fuel guage needle had not gone up as much as it normally does. I filed a complaint in IOC website a day later and within a day, the regional sales manager incharge of that pump called me. He asked me to come over to the IOC pump at my convenience and he said he will check this complaint.
I went there 2 days later and met him and the pump owner. After identifying the dispensing unit that I had used that day, the IOC guy showed me a computer program that all pumps have in which the fuel dispensed for each transaction is recorded along with the time at which the unit started dispensing.

based on the time on my credit card chargeslip, he showed me around 5-6 transactions at that time and all of which were ( if i remember correctly ) 20-30lits - and hence he said that no malpractise could have occured.
I was quite convinced that if the guy is going to such an extent to explain, he wont be fudging any info

only problem could be if that s/w itself is tamperable or he showed me the data for another dispensing unit in that pump
Old 15th January 2009, 20:44   #27
BHPian

Its a good thing though but I don't know how effective this can be.

Normally I tank up my bike just after it Hits reserve. However I find a half a litre difference sometimes when I fill up at other pumps. If you are visiting tumkur kindly fill up only at the HP pump which is a small Two unit petrol bunk. I get the same 11.xx litres after I fill her up from reserve. however at other pump it crosses 12.xx litres.

another form of clear cheating is that sometimes they do not use the keypad to punch in the amount and they always leave 20-30 paise to fill. Its seems to be a small amount but end of the day it will be a good profit for the owner. And I avoid the pumps in which the filling guy is overtalkative since he wants to divert the attention from the digital readout on the pump machine. From 0 to the last I do not look anywhere else.

Also I cannot say about adulteration. Experienced this once only. Usually I do observe the exhaust smoke and also keep the efficiency of the bike in check.

What about Shell pumps ? I don't think all of them are safe enough. Even though the "get off the vehicle while its filled up" policy is a good one. But I still have my suspicions on the fuel quality/quantity. Anyone had a bad experience with shell ?
Old 16th May 2011, 14:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Petrol PUMP's Fleecing People

I own a NANO.
Its TANK capacity including reserve is 15 ltrs.reserve is 3 ltrs IMO.

E on the gauge started blinking , when i thought i should do a TANK-up
I told the attendant to do FULL TANK.

Thinking only 12-13 ltrs max wud go i was in for a rude shock when the attendant filled 15.05 ltrs!

i did argue with the attendant, but it was in vain.

Since It was late , we were in a hurry to reach Borivali to meet some one and Only had my motherin law and wife in the car, i did not argue much and went away foolishly without a receipt.

This is a petrol pump which comes first to the left after you leave mumbai central for 7 rasta.

Its SARDAR Petrol PUMP i think, which is on a corner of main road and a left turn lane.

This is the first time i have had such an experience!
I think they have found a way to tamper the digital meters as well.

Now with petrol prices shooting thorugh the roof, we as a Community should really take actions/should not tank up against/at such petrol pumps.

Again i do apologise that i did not take the receipt and also since the debit card machine was not working i paid by cash.

I would like to know if anyone has had such an experience and what we should do to avoid it.
Old 16th May 2011, 16:02   #29
BHPian

Re: Petrol PUMP's Fleecing People

I am unsure if this really is a case of fraud or indeed the Nano tank can take in more fuel than whats mentioned in the rating. Did you check with your TATA dealer/service centre. They might be able to through better light on this.
Old 16th May 2011, 16:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol PUMP's Fleecing People

Rohitm, i have had done tank full earlier as well from good petrol pumps like Taximen service dadar, never had such surprises! I will get fuel filled again when it blinks E from my reliable pump, thats when i will know the Difference.

Again i have driven 10-15 kms easily after E has started blinking on many occasions earlier.

I will surely call T.A.S.S to check of this is possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks