Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2005, 00:48   #16
Team-BHP Support

well said veyron ,
even i drive in the lower speeds unless someone passes me in a rash manner or if i'm in a hurry !
but will definately be more careful in future .

manson .
Old 29th March 2005, 09:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

yeah its confirmed the a$$ho{e was drunk. found hidher than normal alcohol content in his blood. and the best part is he is out on bail.
Old 29th March 2005, 10:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
and the best part is he is out on bail.
This is the sadest part here.. I mean these guys are left alone..
So others too know that they'l get away without any probs, wont help reducing these from happening again..
Old 29th March 2005, 10:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
well said veyron ,
even i drive in the lower speeds unless someone passes me in a rash manner or if i'm in a hurry !
but will definately be more careful in future .

manson .
manson,

u should try and ignore anyone who cuts across you in arash manner,as getting into a race on public roads is simply dangerous.

you can hurt someone else who is not involved in all this

and regarding going fast when in an hurry,it wont make a big difference at least in city traffic.our signals are timed such that u get a green signal everywhere if you go at a constant 50kph.
so,if you go more than 60kph you will have to stop at the enxt signal,.whereas others travelling at lesser speeds will not have to stop like you .

even on a 1000kms drive ,i have seen that when going at 140kph ,you dont save much time .at the most you may save about 1 hour.but in gaining that 1 hour you have abused your engine,your tires and also burnt more fuel .
Old 29th March 2005, 10:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
but in gaining that 1 hour you have abused your engine,your tires and also burnt more fuel .
And the most important one being u stand a chance of risking lives.. both u'r and others alike..

Drive safe man..
Old 29th March 2005, 22:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
even on a 1000kms drive ,i have seen that when going at 140kph ,you dont save much time

hi speedsatya, sure, what you say is true; but hey, we bhpians don't rip for saving time......
and yea dudes, the s.o.b was drunk;drunk to the bone- it came in the news.

why the hell couldn't he have had a chauffeur/substitute driver drive him home if he was so piss drunk??? and come to think of it, he's in shiv sena for god's sake!!!

the drunkards are getting away with their doings-like salman before, and now this. i say the it's high time somebody paid for an innocent's life. accidents that happen due to misfortune might be forgiven, albeit with penalty, but this is sheer madness!!
i mean, a driver may be forgiven if it was his misfortune or his machine's fault; but a drunk should never be allowed to walk. hell, a drunk puts his, his family's, and somebody else's lives at danger- and if a person is driving well knowing this, then he ought to be lashed-no, hanged!
and from what i have seen, i can say that a person who is passionate about his ride is always responsible in his ways of driving, and seldom do accidents occur to these on the above mentioned grounds. i mean, would you find a drunk bhpian, behind a wheel or on bike?- my guess is no, never!!
so guys, drive FAST and more importantly, drive SAFE- do it for the love of your family, yourself,and god-and last but not least, do it fo the love of your CAR!!!
Old 30th March 2005, 10:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

i think they should bring back capital punishment!!!
Old 30th March 2005, 10:50   #23
Awaiting Email Confirmation

good suggestion ICE
why dont we speak to Dharam Singh and see how he can influence it
Old 30th March 2005, 11:57   #24
BHPian

this is pathetic,but then he is not the only idiot doing stupid things,there are many similar cases,many a times such accidents go without anyones notice.The government should not permit bail in such cases.
Old 30th March 2005, 12:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
i think they should bring back capital punishment!!!
Forget capital punishment, but atleast punish the guy for christs sake.......
They just let them go as though nothing happened, doesnt make any sense.. U have the power and money, nobody can touch u.. Really sad thing u see around here.....
Old 30th March 2005, 13:05   #26
BHPian

Every person has his own side to a story.There are accidents that happen due to the negligence of other road users like pedestrians,stray animals and the like too.But this case seems like a typical D.U.I.Unfortunately our legal system is as fast and as efficient as a snail (No offence to the upright and just legal eagles out there).Capital punishment does'nt solve anything.Offenders need to understand their mistake and should repent.Killing them off would make us no different from them.
Moreover the public has a very short term memory when it comes to issues such as this.They'll make a hue and a cry for a few days,then it's back to normal.Or they'll get a new issue to be preoccupied with.Sad but true...
Old 14th May 2010, 11:14   #27
J.Ravi

15 people electrocuted in Bihar

Let me revive this old thread.

Fifteen people travelling on a truck were electrocuted in Bihar, as reported by today's The Hindu:
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks