Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2008, 09:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

With malice towards none

Eureka, Eureka, I've a found a solution to all of this.... Nowadays the bikes cost somewhere from 35K + and above as well depending on the make & model. Sigh...those were the days when I bought my 350 Bullet for 2.5K..

Take a loan of another 70K odd and go for the Nano in lemon yellow colour.

Thus neither the nTomar kinds would miss you in their RVM/OVRMs, nor would you suffer the ignomy of licking the tar with bruise to your body & ego...
Old 16th October 2008, 15:59   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Thanks buddy, you seem to be the only person understanding the point here.
I have heard your argument before. It's always the whatif case after the incident.

@abdriver, perhaps you would have given the same argument if @ntoner had turned and looked back and subsequently got hit by a bike too.

But still @ntoner, did you wait for sometime with reduced speed to see if the scene changes in the rear view mirror, sometimes this help a lot when doing a tricky manoeuvers.
Old 16th October 2008, 17:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
But still @ntoner, did you wait for sometime with reduced speed to see if the scene changes in the rear view mirror, sometimes this help a lot when doing a tricky manoeuvers.
I've decided to not reply on this thread any more. But I think this is a valid question, so here goes -

Yes, I spent about 10-12 sec to slow down, check in the ORVM and also turned my neck to check whether anybody was coming.

And once I was sure that nobody was coming, only then I started the overtaking manoeuver.

\N

Last edited by ntomer : 16th October 2008 at 17:08.
Old 17th October 2008, 07:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

gd ji,

I'd take the swift for the other days, and for regular commuting, nothing beats the bike. Esp once Nano kills peak hour traffic
Old 17th October 2008, 07:57   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
gd ji,

I'd take the swift for the other days, and for regular commuting, nothing beats the bike. Esp once Nano kills peak hour traffic
Bangalore as a city seems more suited to two wheelers than four wheelers what with all the narrow lanes, frequent intersections and dogs and cows and all
Old 17th October 2008, 09:25   #51
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Very wise decision. My Office is in Jasola (at the new Commercial center that's coming up), I've PMed you my number, just in case you need any help when you're next passing by.
I agree with suman.. you should avoid that route for a couple of weeks. These sort of people have nothing better to do than create a scene and try to flush out some money from you.

Instead of being concerned when he was almost about to be squashed like a bug, if you had stepped down and gave him a tight one, his attitude and tone would have changed. These sort of people have a tendency to get on the upper hand when a individual does the right thing to stop and show some concern.

You were very lucky that nothing serious happened.
Old 17th October 2008, 12:22   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Suman: Looks like I stirred up some emotions here! I am not trying to generalize the situation, just trying to look at it from both the perspectives.

Suren181: It is difficult to gauge in this case if the motorcyclist was overtaking or if he was simply in the blind spot. Just putting on the indicators does not absolve you of the responsibily of looking for other vehicles in the vicinity. Personally, I switch on indicators even when changing lanes, but never overtake from the wrong side. It comes quite easily with practice.

ntomer: Once again, I am sorry if it sounded rude. This is my personal opinion. You may agree or disagree with it. Hope you get your baby back to shape soon.

I own a car and a bike myself and the bumper sticker on my car reads (CAUTION: I follow all traffic rules.)
Hi,

I also ride a a Hero Honda Splendor and drive Swift-VXI.I have used a bike for about 8 years before buying a car.What I have noticed is there is tremendous change in attitude,behaviour and driving style of bikers now a days.They just refuse to give side to a car and if they are presssed hard to move,they will just move in mm and agsin start racing with you.Once you are forced to brake a littile,they will again start riding in your front.

Also,if I want to change lane and switch on the indicator,bikes refuse to slow down.Biker will keep on trying to overtake me before I change the lane.This is very ridiculous.I mean,what is this man?what you want to prove?Daily suffer all these things.Biker will stop in my left on the signal,and as soon as he see green light,he will turin on his indicator and cross towards left.Many times I am forced to brake hard to avoid hitting the bike.

There is no lane discipline.Bikes are seen everywhere.They ride scattred covering entire road.Many a times I am unable to find way through the car properly and keep on honking continuously.

As I said earlier,I have used bike for about 8 years,but it was a disciplined ride.Not a single time I have caused any inconvenience to fellow rider/driver on the road.

And not always the biker is at loss,if you see the small scratches and dents allover the car made by bikes while trying to squeeze in narrow place to move ahead,you will understand what I mean to say.

This is not question of owning a two or four wheeler.It is driving with discipline with due respect to other people driving on the road.Afterall,GOD has given only a human being the power to think...so why not use that power properly and behave like a human...right?
Old 17th October 2008, 13:30   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I've decided to not reply on this thread any more. But I think this is a valid question, so here goes -

Yes, I spent about 10-12 sec to slow down, check in the ORVM and also turned my neck to check whether anybody was coming.

And once I was sure that nobody was coming, only then I started the overtaking manoeuver.

\N
Then it seems there is nothing more you could have done to avoid the accident. The rest of the responsibility lies with the motorcyclist.
Old 15th September 2010, 13:24   #54
Sandy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
This is not question of owning a two or four wheeler.It is driving with discipline with due respect to other people driving on the road.Afterall,GOD has given only a human being the power to think...so why not use that power properly and behave like a human...right?

Very well said!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks