Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 08:36   #1
BHPian

Tata Safari 2.2 LX...through a very narrow road

Hi ,
though I am not a hard core travellor , managed to complete 13000 km in six months avg fuel efficiency of 13 kmpl with ac

my last visit was to the forest ( kuduremukha / karkala/karnataka )
it was the only road to visit my cousin's place , almost had an heart attack (oops ! not bec of animals in the jungle ) but bec of the road its was so narrow and full of tall grass and bushes,hardly had a space to drive . since it was not possible to reverse the vehicle I had no option but to continue (3 km ). the bushes & grass were brushing the sides of the vehicle with sqeaking sounds , Since no one takes this route & it had rained heavily in that area the road was almost covered with grass .
I was thinking I would need to get my safari re-painted once I go back to bangalore , all because of my passion !
I felt lucky once I was back from that place and started inpecting the vehilce luckily all the scratches were on the teflon coating , I felt so happy and releaved saved ~20k for paint
A/C stopped working and had called Customer care Mysore and on their Advise took the vehicle to Mangalore ( only nearby Tata Service station) which was Solved in 10 min (problem with the fuse )

So far 13000 km completed Happily

problems .. Squeaking soound from the co- passenger seat
small rattling sound at the door glass

Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 LX...through a very narrow road-durga172.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 LX...through a very narrow road-durga178.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 LX...through a very narrow road-durga179.jpg  

Old 15th October 2008, 09:53   #2
BHPian

Good pics. The line "Make your own road" is apt here looking at the pics.
Old 15th October 2008, 10:27   #3
BHPian

Hi @aavanishphatak,

Nice video and place. There are many places like this in interios of north kerala and south canara districts (Mangalore/Udupi). I travelled to many of these kind of places in my santro ..!!!
Old 15th October 2008, 10:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Reading the title I thought you had faced some major issue with the Safari or you had some medical problem in the middle of no where!!!

False alarm, people!

And Avanish, 13kmph with A/c is good. Do you drive very light footed?
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2008, 10:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

Is this a travelogue, or an ownership report?
Old 15th October 2008, 11:02   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
False alarm, people!
When I first looked at the title of the thread, it appeared to me that the vehicle might have been in some kind of accident! Thank lord, I am wrong.
BTW, what color is your Safari? You didn't mention that. I believe the color has lot to do with the "visibility" of such scratches.
Old 16th October 2008, 07:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Hi @aavanishphatak,

Nice video and place. There are many places like this in interios of north kerala and south canara districts (Mangalore/Udupi). I travelled to many of these kind of places in my santro ..!!!

thanks this is in south canara (karkala, Durga is a village on the slopes of Kuduremukh Ghats, i had even travelled in alto on the same road in summer but got hit badly on the chassis and in rainy season i think its difficult for the small cars.
Old 16th October 2008, 07:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Reading the title I thought you had faced some major issue with the Safari or you had some medical problem in the middle of no where!!!

False alarm, people!

And Avanish, 13kmph with A/c is good. Do you drive very light footed?
watching the plants brush the body with Sqeaking sounds I almost had a heart attack in the forest roads
most of the time I am Light footed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
BTW, what color is your Safari? You didn't mention that. I believe the color has lot to do with the "visibility" of such scratches.
It's Cycus Grey. Mostly I think its the teflon coating which saved scratches on the paint , and I did coat another layer with Wax , and almost I got the factory finish shining back

Most Viewed