Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 17:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

That was scary!

I am a loyal Meru customer, avail Meru cabs whenever I travel to & from Airport!
This incident has shaken my confidence on them!

Heard Meru have very stingent norms while recruiting drivers & they are very conscious about safety of driver & passengers, so surprised how this driver with severe diabetes was recruited!

Cnaganathan, I guess you logged the complaint at their Call center, can you please mail this incident to their Head office: feedback.mum@merucabs.com
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:47   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Do diabetics suffer from such hallucinations of speeding vehicles also? I am asking simply because i dont have much information about diabetics.
No diabetics do not suffer from hallucinations. Their reflexes get dull with low blood sugar and they get hyper active in higher blood sugar levels.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 23rd October 2008 at 22:48.
Old 23rd October 2008, 23:04   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
very clear he was on grass!!!
I guess this is why cows make terrible drivers.

I use Meru every time I go partying, never had a single regretful experience.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 23rd October 2008 at 23:06.
Old 24th October 2008, 09:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Your experience pretty much confirms what was told to me by my cab driver (he has cab company near my house)

3 weeks back I was going to Chennai on office work. Decided not to take the flight as it was more headache both at Blr and Chennai, Shatabdi / Train would be a better choice. Hence I booked cab with the agency next door.

While discussing this aspect with the owner who himself came to pick and drop from Bangalore Cant, he told that since BIAL opened up there are about 7 cases of Meru accidents on NH7. They drive very rashly.

Today, reading your experience sums up why we should avoid this Meru. Infact I would prefer BIAL Volvo / NonAC any day.

Abhi
Old 24th October 2008, 10:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I use Meru every time I go partying, never had a single regretful experience.
Do you take toffees at those parties??
Old 24th October 2008, 10:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
While discussing this aspect with the owner who himself came to pick and drop from Bangalore Cant, he told that since BIAL opened up there are about 7 cases of Meru accidents on NH7. They drive very rashly.

Today, reading your experience sums up why we should avoid this Meru. Infact I would prefer BIAL Volvo / NonAC any day.
Not all accidents were with Meru, there is also Easycabs providing service to Airport, and they were involved in some serious accidents!

So far I had good experience with Meru cabs, except for once when the driver was driving his Renault Logan as a Renault F1 car, but since it was late night & also I was bit late for the flight, I didn't bother!

Last edited by finneyp : 24th October 2008 at 10:09.
Old 24th October 2008, 10:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have had only positive experiences with Meru so far. In past three months some of my relatives visited Bangalore quite often and so there were several home-airport trips. Once they took Easy Cab and he did not know how to go to Banashankari. I had to practically be on the phone for 35 minutes to get them to their destination. Another time, easy cab driver was late. After these two incidents we have always used Meru and haven't had any problems with them.

I am not saying that Meru cabs is perfect but it is best option (among cabs) in Bangalore.
Old 24th October 2008, 12:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

A few weeks back there was an article in HT about a misbehaviour by a drunk Easycabs driver with 2 woman passengers froma call centre in NOIDA. Instead of the destined destination he took them to a lonely stretch of road and tried to molest. The girls overpowered and beat him black & blue and by the time some crowd too had gathered. The driver was handed over to the police.

When the girls called up the Easycabs office they got the most callous answer ever - 'once the driver leaves from here to pick up passengers we are not responsible of what he does enroute"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Not all accidents were with Meru, there is also Easycabs providing service to Airport, and they were involved in some serious accidents!
Old 24th October 2008, 12:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

So far I've not had a bad experience with Meru. They arrive before time, the drivers speak english and once you tell them to go slow, they drive pretty decently.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:37   #25
Team-BHP Support

I once saw a Meru cab Logan nearly totalled on the BIAL highway.
Also, with there being a Mahindra-Renault service center near where i stay, i do see some Meru cabs involved in accidents being towed to the service center.

While i am not generalizing, just my observations.
Old 30th October 2008, 12:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Of late I have seen 2 Easycabs being towed away and 1 Meru seriously crushed on the ring roads.

Personally my experience with both cabs have been good, and on all occassions the driver used to drive carefully till the airport. All of them did not go above 80kmph.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
When the girls called up the Easycabs office they got the most callous answer ever - 'once the driver leaves from here to pick up passengers we are not responsible of what he does enroute"
This means the driver has right to do any thing they want. If Company the EasyCab can not take responsibility for this kind of situation then they should close their shutter. For their irresponsibility our life is in danger.
Dont know who is the responsible for all this Rash Driving of the Cab Driver.
1. The Police.
2. City Administrator
3. Travel Company
4. MNC Company (Who is Hiring)
5. The Passanger.
6. Or the Driver. Big Boss on the Road.

Last edited by Sowmya : 30th October 2008 at 21:50. Reason: Incomplete post
Old 30th October 2008, 22:10   #28
BHPian

The drivers are expected to work long hours, some do it purely for the sake of money which again is wrong. In a perfect world they would not be allowed to work for more than 8-9hrs, but we don't live in a perfect world now, do we!
Old 30th October 2008, 22:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Before we got off, I took down his name and Driver ID and made it a point to lodge a complaint with Meru Customer Care. I am not giving the name and the ID of this driver here as I do not want Meru or its lawyers coming after me. But if any of you want to have the details to avoid his services, PM me.
Reading your post gave me a knot in my stomach, I shudder to think how you guys must have felt during the ride. It's not the poor man's fault, this is my opinion only.

Tejas might have diagnosed it correctly stating that it could be low blood sugar. Kudos on the diagnosis, hope more of the dentist tribe know more about Hematology than they do as of now.

Question Sir, Why do you believe that Meru's lawyers would be after you ? Is there any anti defamation clause signed up when booking the cab ?

Do revert,

regards

M M
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
This means the driver has right to do any thing they want. If Company the EasyCab can not take responsibility for this kind of situation then they should close their shutter. For their irresponsibility our life is in danger.
Dont know who is the responsible for all this Rash Driving of the Cab Driver.
1. The Police.
2. City Administrator
3. Travel Company
4. MNC Company (Who is Hiring)
5. The Passanger.
6. Or the Driver. Big Boss on the Road.
In reverse order. cops and admin wont have time for anything. when the passengers and the company that hires them stop using their service, the travel companies would wake up and pay more attention to who they hire to drive. Which might improve driver behaviour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks