Team-BHP - Qualis hitting from behind; what can we do?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Qualis hitting from behind; what can we do? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/47901-qualis-hitting-behind-what-can-we-do-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by muralisk (Post 1066612)
This is sad, but happens quite often with many of us. The only solution I see is to learn the local language and there by giving them back some of their own medicine.

Due to the unprecedented boom of ITES industry and the dramatic increase in these cabbies with very little or no proper checking by the police on these cab drives, we have ended up with a bunch of rustic maniacs on streets.

This can be solved, if we can ensure that whenever such incidents happen, we should start holding the cab companies or the organizations for which they run the cabs accountable. Someone somewhere has to take the bottom line responsibility of getting so many idiots on to these roads with no road sense.

I think the corporates who engage their services are the main culprits. They should get their driving history checked prior to engaging these guys. Secondly we all road users should also report back to the companies when we see such insane guys driving for them. I have reported several times when I see a cabby driving recklessly. I tell you guys this works! Let us act than wait for an incidence to happen.

I used to work in a building where we used to have one such ITES facility, despite me complaining about a car which was driven rashly there was absoutely no response from any of the guys who were part of the ITES company. We used to have a situation where we could not take cars out, finally when one day one of the other tenants decided enough was enough and parked his car in the middle and walked off to his office. With the shift ending and none of the employees able to get back home because the cabs were stuck only then did the guys realise the heat. So may be a tit for tat is the only way to teach the cabbies.

Hi

This is my first post, and I am a new joinee in this wonderful forum, and starting my first post with this issue.

This menance of ITES cabs are increasing day by day in big cities every where in India. They drive like maniacs on the street, kills dogs near our office every day, dents cars, block the whole street and threatens people. (Our office is in an IT hub, and there are at least 70 BPO cabs around any day)

Last Sunday, one of my friend’s 15 day old Spark was rear ended by a BPO cab of Wipro (Mahindra Bolero), near a place called “Chingrihata”, way to Sec V, the IT hub of Kolkata. It was so badly impacted, that the rear seat was broken. Luckily no one was hurt. So he comes out, and asks the cab why did he do this. The reply was “If you take car out on the roads, these things are bound to happen. You may do whatever you please”, and threatened him, with employees of the BPO in the cab watching.

So my friend takes down the number, uses his connection, and goes to Salt Lake police station. Since he had already taken some names, the police promptly goes to the hub of these cabs, which is behind WIPRO SEZ, in Sec V. There it was found that the driver was boasting to his mates how he scarred away a “bhadrolok” (quintessential Bengali gentleman). The police catch him, and asks the Company admins present to pay up. They deny, and say that this is not their look out, as these transportation has been outsourced to Mahindra Logistics company. Then the police calls up the owner of the cab, who had rented his jeep to Mahindra Logistic. He comes, after 3 hours, and is told to pay up. He refuses initially. Then police asks my friend if he was OK with getting his car impounded by police, along with the BPO vehicle, so that they can pursue case. He was game, but this scarred the hell out of the owner. He pleaded not to do so, as it would take away his living. Then a solution was reached, and friend calls up Dulichand Motors, GM distributors in Kolkata. They give a rough estimate of Rs 35, 000. Owner of the cab pleads helplessness to pay so much, and a deal was settled for Rs 25, 000, and the owner finally pays.

I think we should stand our ground sometimes, connections or no connections, and see what happens.

^that is inspiring.but many are not confident about police and all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbanerjee (Post 1068815)
Hi
The reply was “If you take car out on the roads, these things are bound to happen. You may do whatever you please”, and threatened him, with employees of the BPO in the cab watching.

They give a rough estimate of Rs 35, 000. Owner of the cab pleads helplessness to pay so much, and a deal was settled for Rs 25, 000, and the owner finally pays.

I think we should stand our ground sometimes, connections or no connections, and see what happens.

The same thread I started in the Car Scene section. Here In Bangalore its worst. Atleast Kolkata police is much strict than the KA police.
If these scenarios happened in Bangalore then the police would have not come at all. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sowmya (Post 1069844)
If these scenarios happened in Bangalore then the police would have not come at all.

Quite true. Bangalore police is the lamest i have ever seen! All they do is harass out of state two wheelers, while an auto goes down the wrong way on a one way road right under their noses.

Its not the ITES companies to blame. It's the attitude of local drivers / rowdies. The case is same whether they are Call center cab, or a City Taxi or worst an Auto Rikshaw.

There are two types of Traffic cops in Bangalore. The first ones which are over dedicated and they manage traffic junctions (Where traffic signals exist but have been switched off). And the second type who only exist to collect bribe (mostly from 2 wheelers or expensive car owners).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST7677 (Post 1070965)
And the second type who only exist to collect bribe (mostly from 2 wheelers or expensive car owners).

A cop(apologies to other cops especially after the Mumbai incident) who is a downright low being, stands at the gap in the median on IRR, stopping out of state vehicles, blocking an already crowded street to make some quick money. He actually asks them to comedown the wrong side and park their cars facing the opposite direction to the traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST7677 (Post 1070965)
Its not the ITES companies to blame. It's the attitude of local drivers / rowdies. The case is same whether they are Call center cab, or a City Taxi or worst an Auto Rikshaw.

How can you say that ITES/Companies are not to be blamed. Even I feel that the Passanger too are responsible for this.
My wify complained many a time to her office Admin. But the scenario is same. Always its a chalta hai kind of attitude... Even the passenger should ask the driver to drive carefully as they might be hurt more if any accident happend. Atleast if you are a daily traveller from ask you cab driver to drive properly !!!
please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbanerjee (Post 1068815)
Hi

This is my first post, and I am a new joinee in this wonderful forum, and starting my first post with this issue.

This menance of ITES cabs are increasing day by day in big cities every where in India.

That is very nice to hear. Time and again I heard that Calcuttawale do not tolerate BS and instead stand up to it and thrash the person who is at mistake. Good to see it actually happens.

Trust me man this would never happen in Delhi atleast!

I too had a similar incident, in which I got hit by an Alto on my car's fender and bumper. He drove fast after that, and I couldn't get in license number in that confusion. But one of the cyclist noted it down and gave me. I gave him Rs 100 too :-)

Then I called one of my friend to ask what to do, and found going to police is of no use. You have to spend lot of money and time at police station and at RTO. So I dropped the plan and gave the car to my dealer to repair. I will get it back tomorrow, and about Rs 7000.

Our country will never improve and thats our fate. Neither our insurance companys are interested in doing right.