Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 20:10   #31
BHPian

i agree with GTO sir..but yes once i was among the seven fools in our Wagon-R

i still remember those days. me and my twin bro always used to go in like that reason being the stereo was awesome to hear from there

lolz those were the good times we werent old enough to be at drivers wheel.

i guess its about being more towards convineance. we left our Lancer ( there was a safari - dad told forget taking that into the city!!) at home so as to not get held up in traffic and we were six me, bro and couzins. 2 front 2 back and 2 at trunk..hehe.

yes it was total ignorance from our side but no one seemed to bother!

but now i imagine what would have happened if something went wrong.

i never allow such stuff now. though my nephews insist on standing in the front seat!!! while i drive. that is really scary! once my nephew was shtulling between rear and front inside my accent!! ayoooo noooo!!!

yes time to be serious and stop doing such crazy stuff!

peace out
sameel !
Old 10th November 2008, 22:54   #32
BHPian

OT but this is the first time I saw an Yellow top Maruti 800 kinda looks cool!
Old 11th November 2008, 00:08   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

That reminds me of the Sumo transports that come for IT/BPO companies. Even in the Sumo this feat is difficult, let alone in a Wagon R !

Last edited by theMAG : 11th November 2008 at 00:10.
Old 11th November 2008, 07:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

heh, my personal maximum is 9 in my indica ( without anyone in the boot)
5 adults and 4 kids ( one kid in each lap except mine)
cant say no to impatient relatives :(
Old 18th November 2008, 17:48   #35
BHPian

Everyone here who feels that carrying more than the stipulated number of passengers in a car (on city roads) is a major compromise on safety; I assume none of you guys travel by auto rickshaws.

According to me autorickshaws are a safety concern. They have a very high tendency to topple and of course there are no seat belts.

And if autorickshaws are considered unsafe, then 2 wheelers would be an absolute NO NO ?

PS - Whenever I drive on highways, I ensure that all the occupants have their seat belts on.
Old 9th March 2009, 11:53   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sighhhhhh. Look at this poor ol' man, cramped in the last row of a Tavera under fairly large pieces of baggage. Absolutely no value of human life!

7 fools in a WagonR-moto_0441.jpg

7 fools in a WagonR-moto_0438.jpg
Old 9th March 2009, 13:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

This has become a very normal scene, i wonder how parents allow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Heh. Try counting the number of people in THIS M800!
Old 9th March 2009, 14:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

This is no more different than people sitting in the rear seat of the Omni 8 Seater ! Both are protected only by a thin sheet of metal !
Old 9th March 2009, 14:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

The worst case was this. I spotted this 11 people on board a City at the Noida Greater Noida Expressway doing 100+ Speeds with ease. This was a Disaster waiting to happen. Imagine if somebody Rear-Ends this, the legs hanging out etc etc

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...tml#post646481
Old 19th March 2009, 09:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is disaster just waiting to strike. Look closely at the picture : You will see TWO heads in the TRUNK of the WagonR; an adult and a young girl. Thats a total of 7 in this li'l WagonR!! Imagine the situation if this WagonR is accidentally rear-ended by my Jeep or a crash-guard equipped Sumo! And at a speed of 50 kph.

Fat chance of survival for those two in the hatch. Who would be to blame? The two idiots crouched in the back? Or the other 5 in the car for letting this happen? Me? Or an absolute lack of awareness?

Crazy people out there, I tell ya.
When we are more than 5 people wanting to go somewhere, I always jokingly suggest the boot to the 6th person, but never done that! This group must be crazy!
Old 19th March 2009, 09:52   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
I too have experienced this in pune, if i wear the seatbelt my friends tell me,''Tu kya racing ke liye jara kya,ye pune hai bhai seatbelt police tak nahin pehen ta,tu kyu tension lera''.
I feel extremely uncomfortable not wearing a seat belt. There are my friends who question me. But then even if i sit in the passenger seat while they are driving, I wear the seat belt. That forces them also to wear, sometimes at least.
Old 11th January 2021, 20:27   #42
BHPian

Re: 7 fools in a WagonR

Why do you wanna use the term "fools" in the title?
Just "7 in a WagonR" would have made us understand that they are fools

BTW, I'm guilty of travelling in the boot often, as kids too, when we had our WagonR, where we would stand in the boot, even when the other seats were unoccupied.

Hey, I hope no one minds me replying to a 12 year old thread
Old 11th January 2021, 20:46   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Been there. Subjected to that. What, almost 18-20 years back when we were little children. We were 8 in the family, 5 adults and 3 kids and the wheels were a WagonR. Those were simpler times. When you have 1 car and a bigger family, what do you do? You pack in. Many years later, during my college days, 9 of us friends used to pack into that same old WagonR and drive off to Murthal for parathas. The engine used to get bogged down under the load and the AC would only work when 3 people were dropped off.

My folks reminisce of a trip from Delhi to Mumbai back in 1991 or 92, seven people and luggage in a Maruti 800.

Fast forward to today and even my year old daughter gets her own space, in her child seat. How times change.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 11th January 2021 at 20:52.
Old 11th January 2021, 21:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Having seen similar titles in this forum like
"Ladakh: Four Idiots & One XUV500"
"4500 km, Two Idiots & a Wild Safari in Ladakh"
etc,
I thought this is another such travelogue with mind blowing scenic photos with a different title.

But after reading the first post, I was wondering if I am really eligible to call them fools. How can I think that 7 people be placed in a WagonR and go for a trip and write a travelogue?

Last edited by gkveda : 11th January 2021 at 21:17.
Old 11th January 2021, 21:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Although the car wasnt speeding.
This is going to be a common issue or news in the next decade. Unfortunately we are going crazy over sunroofs for the wrong reasons. Are there any laws or fines for people popping out of the sunroof on highways or post a certain speed limit? Ideally there should be one and if not then we need one very soon (considering its the most desired feature in the cars)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks