Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 22:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

this im really interested in radar detectors... actually in dubai the speed limit is 100 you can go upto 120 grace more than 120 ur booked.. they should do the same bangalore 80kms on BIAL road is lame in my opinion i know a friend who was booked for going at 85..
i was also once zipping on Bial road...in my dads car(camry white 2007 model) the sad part is that while i was on the way to the airport i was @ speeds of 160+ no interceptors at all .. on the way back i was around 85-90 the cops start showing hand i slowed down gave em a stare and drove pass them there were 4 cops 4 of em tried to stop me i just calmly cruised in front of them.. there was a signal right after that there were two cops looking at me and the cops near interceptor .. then they just plain let me go no one stopped me.. i think they thought this is some ministers car(*ahem we do have some contacts ^_^) its been almost 2.5 months no letters home !!! haha
1 thing for sure if i would have stopped and he showed me a pic of speeding at 85kmph i would have screwed him properly even if i had to pay up
Old 27th December 2008, 21:49   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
1 thing for sure if i would have stopped and he showed me a pic of speeding at 85kmph i would have screwed him properly even if i had to pay up
Nice, may your tribe grow. Never step out of the country though.
Old 28th December 2008, 08:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Nice. Very good initiative. All morons thinking the IRR is a racetrack better watch out. Camera and printout == no corruption.

Welcome move.
no corruption?? that's not true.I was pulled over near chikkajala (near the airport). I was paying my fine when this arrogant man in a swift got pulled over and he and his attitude paid 300 buks as bribe to the cop and scoot (300 buks was the fine too..he might have as well taken his receipt!!).The hilarious part is, he got caught again by the next speed camera 5 kms away!!!! bursted out laughing when I saw him haggling with the next cop.!!!!
Old 28th December 2008, 08:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Just for curiosity, Did any one saw catching a Yellow Board Vehicle for Over Speeding ?
I saw an easy cabs driver being pulled over.He did pay the fine too.
Old 28th December 2008, 08:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Is your issue with the police enforcing the law of the land?

--Wind
Old 28th December 2008, 10:09   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
they should do the same bangalore 80kms on BIAL road is lame in my opinion i know a friend who was booked for going at 85..
Ideally, a 10% correction factor should be permitted.

Quote:
i was also once zipping on Bial road...in my dads car(camry white 2007 model) the sad part is that while i was on the way to the airport i was @ speeds of 160+ no interceptors at all ....................they thought this is some ministers car(*ahem we do have some contacts ^_^) its been almost 2.5 months no letters home !!! haha

You have an attitude which is not welcome on this forum
Old 28th December 2008, 10:11   #67
Team-BHP Support

Speed gun can be observed late morning at the top of Cubbon Road near Minsk square.

Remember the cops are human and like to park in the shade, whether Airport Road, victoria road etc
Old 29th December 2008, 00:40   #68
BHPian

Today I was travelling to Yellanka New Town from the City. I took the normal Route Via Golf Road. My observation was...
1. The Max speed limit is 80 in the Right most lane. It is written On sign Board as well as on the Road. But some moran as always driving a Car/Auto/Small Carrier at the Fast lane @ 40 Speed. SO I think 85KM is allowed.
2. There is almost no Path direction. They have removed all the Path Direction and filled with diff Advertisement. Like Hebbal Fly Over is filled with VodaFone Ad with out any Proper Road Direction.
Old 30th December 2008, 10:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Now multiply that by 1 million and forget the condition of yourself, the car and the tyres it has. These are Indian roads no? You may be saved but by doing 180 you are endangering a moron on the road. Even though he is a moron he has a right to live.
Doing 180 kmph in any freeway in the US, which are definitely better, will land you in jail and license confiscated. What ever be the vehicle,safety,skill of the driver public roads are not meant for such high speed driving. The problem is not only your so called "Skill" but the so called "Lack of Skill" of other drivers, who have the right to use the road as well.

But one thing I do religeously these days, after reading these posts though, that never cross 80kmph when driving to BIAL, speed guns or no guns. The road is inviting,but I satiate myself while driving to Pune or on GQ.

Nainar
Old 30th December 2008, 10:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Doing 180 kmph in any freeway in the US, which are definitely better, will land you in jail and license confiscated. What ever be the vehicle,safety,skill of the driver public roads are not meant for such high speed driving. The problem is not only your so called "Skill" but the so called "Lack of Skill" of other drivers, who have the right to use the road as well.

But one thing I do religeously these days, after reading these posts though, that never cross 80kmph when driving to BIAL, speed guns or no guns. The road is inviting,but I satiate myself while driving to Pune or on GQ.

Nainar

man,these guns are everywhere.Spotted one more last evening in front of nagawara lake.
Old 30th December 2008, 17:41   #71
BHPian

My co-brother paid Rs 300 near before Kengeri Bus stop after the Tata Motors Showroom for driving at 79 Kmph on 24th Dec 08. The max speed is 40 Kmph in that stretch.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:10   #72
BHPian

We need more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
My co-brother paid Rs 300 near before Kengeri Bus stop after the Tata Motors Showroom for driving at 79 Kmph on 24th Dec 08. The max speed is 40 Kmph in that stretch.
We need more gun speed. At least few idiot will have a lesson and many people will have safe drive. And also they should start a driving histor same as US.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
The problem point is that speed guns are generally targeted at lone vehicles zooming in relatively thin traffic, and in such scenarios even the relatively conservative guys going even slightly above 60 get caught. But the ones that really drive like a race track even on moderate traffic are difficult for the speed guns to catch.
Also the intention behind the drama of law enforcement is not betterment of common man's life, but exploitation and making money.

I do not respect the law after experiencing the corruption/ treatment given by government officials in various departments. I can come to terms with the old government procedures that lack common sense, but not with the exploitation by government officials!!

I hate paying bribe as I do not want to be part of the system. But the law enforcement officials do not give a choice or make life miserable in many situations.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:23   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Also the intention behind the drama of law enforcement is not betterment of common man's life, but exploitation and making money.

I do not respect the law after experiencing the corruption/ treatment given by government officials in various departments. I can come to terms with the old government procedures that lack common sense, but not with the exploitation by government officials!!

I hate paying bribe as I do not want to be part of the system. But the law enforcement officials do not give a choice or make life miserable in many situations.

alright guys.got news.last evening, i was driving from hebbal towards banaswadi.I could not spot any speedsigns but before that, I did spot the interceptor.I voluntarily stopped and enquired about the official speed limit.within the ring road, wherever we drive, its 40 kph but 60 kph is permissible without cops bothering you.beyond the ring road, 70 kph is permissible with the exepction being the airport road aka bellary road.I was shown an official govt release on the speed limits.
So, happy motoring without paying fines.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:36   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
....within the ring road, wherever we drive, its 40 kph but 60 kph is permissible without cops bothering you.beyond the ring road, 70 kph is permissible with the exepction being the airport road aka bellary road.I was shown an official govt release on the speed limits.
So, happy motoring without paying fines.
Is this information freely available? I mean, yeah, they are mentioned on the road signs, but the relaxation part and all that, is it available in a website? Or has there been any action from the law enforcers to let the public know about the limits relaxation and all that? I guess, ignorance by the public is what they want to exploit when they fine you for going at 61kmph on a 60kmph zone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks