Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 14:34   #76
Team-BHP Support

Interceptor spotted on ORR - Marathalli

Spotted the Interceptor on the ORR near @home in Marathalli while coming from Bellandur.

Saw an Indicab pulled up, along with a couple of bikes.

Interestingly, this stretch is the only remaining place along the ORR where one can slightly speed up. Everywhere else, its totally congested with regular bumper-to-bumper traffic at times.
Old 19th January 2009, 14:40   #77
BHPian

Has anyone seen a cab getting pulled over for speeding?
Old 10th February 2009, 12:54   #78
BHPian

speed trap (interceptor) hotspots at Bangalore

I just thought of noting down speed traps at Bangalore. Kindly delete if this is inappropriate.

While it may make sense to have speed traps at accident-prone spots, speed traps are more probable on clear roads where it is easier to "catch the prey".

This one is on mysore road - after Bangalore University campus and before Kengeri starts. There is a lake on the right side of the road and the speed trap is usually on the left side, just about when the lake ends. This is a clear stretch of road, 4-lane with divider and all that. The speed limit is 40 kmph.

I was stopped once when I was doing about 60. I mentioned to the officer that this is state highway and also that nobody is going below 40. He kindly mentioned that we are still within city limits and that they cannot stop everyone as it will cause traffic pileup on the highway. So, a few blessed souls were being stopped at random :-)

Take care.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:56   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenidhibr View Post
I just thought of noting down speed traps at Bangalore.
My contribution: I've seen one near Wockhardt hospital on Bannerghatta road during non peak hours two days in a row last week. They are positioned on the opposite side of the hospital.

Quote:
He kindly mentioned that we are still within city limits and that they cannot stop everyone as it will cause traffic pileup on the highway. So, a few blessed souls were being stopped at random :-)
Reminds me of a joke i read somewhere long back. A driver, pulled over for speeding, complains to the officer that there are so many others speeding too. Officer says, "Have u ever gone fishing, Sir?". Guy says, "Yeah". Officer says, "Ever caught all the fish?"
Old 10th February 2009, 16:42   #80
BHPian

My contribution,
One between Tata Showroom in Mysore road after Bangalore University Bus stop and brfore Kengeri Busstop on the bank of a lake.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
My contribution: I've seen one near Wockhardt hospital on Bannerghatta road during non peak hours two days in a row last week. They are positioned on the opposite side of the hospital.
Thanks amitoj.

As today we were planning for a drive.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-bangy-40.html
Old 10th February 2009, 19:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just thought of noting down speed traps at Bangalore. Kindly delete if this is inappropriate.

While it may make sense to have speed traps at accident-prone spots, speed traps are more probable on clear roads where it is easier to "catch the prey".

This one is on mysore road - after Bangalore University campus and before Kengeri starts. There is a lake on the right side of the road and the speed trap is usually on the left side, just about when the lake ends. This is a clear stretch of road, 4-lane with divider and all that. The speed limit is 40 kmph.

I was stopped once when I was doing about 60. I mentioned to the officer that this is state highway and also that nobody is going below 40. He kindly mentioned that we are still within city limits and that they cannot stop everyone as it will cause traffic pileup on the highway. So, a few blessed souls were being stopped at random :-)

Take care.
+1 to that buddy
IMO they should not stay in hidden positions and catch unsuspecting prey but instead stand in places where they are clearly visible so that people will not speed..
what they are doing is nothing but making money for themselves..
OT other day i was near pottery town and was trying to get to kamanahalli but took the wrong turn and ended up in a gully, i asked an auto guy for directions and went into a main road i could see 2 wheelers moving freely and buses coming in opposite direction..people were giving me hand signals of some kind.. i dint know what they were trying to tell me i thought its a flat,looked at the tyre and carried on. A few meters later a cop caught me and told me its a one way.
Even though i payed 100 bucks this cop was the most courteous cop i have met..
he said he knows there are no signboards indicating a one way and he was kinda sympathetic towards me then i mentioned the auto guy gave me directions he started abusing the auto guy like hell!!!!!
Old 10th February 2009, 23:13   #83
BHPian

Quote:
A bit off-topic but interesting! This site maintains a list of all the Speed Traps in the US. It is a collaborative site where motorists add speed traps to the site, for the benefit of other motorists.

We should have something similar for India :-)

The Speed Trap Exchange | Find speed traps all over the US | SpeedTrap.org

-- Wind
Old 11th February 2009, 00:06   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
+1 to that buddy
IMO they should not stay in hidden positions and catch unsuspecting prey but instead stand in places where they are clearly visible so that people will not speed..
what they are doing is nothing but making money for themselves..
If they stand in the visible place then people will drive slow while they saw the speed gun other time they will just zoom. Instead people should follow the rule or have some fear to get a fine.
Old 11th February 2009, 00:50   #85
BHPian

Hi Mates

On my last visit to tirupati on the 23rd of September 2008 I saw few trucks halted on both sides of the road on Renigunta to Cuddapah road close to renigunta.. we were shocked if there was some accident but realised that this was by the traffice police and RTO who were together in one spot.

There were two guys with Speedguns pointing on eighter direction of the road and two of them with some pen papaer and pad recording some readings...

what I heard from the taxi driver was that the RTO and traffic police have started using speed guns in that area to reduce the number of speeding vehicles leading to road accidents.

our taxi fellow was so generous that, when we asked him to go faster he restricted the same claiming he would reach destination as promised and wold not over speed as he cannot risk..... I would 100% support him on this

the same scene was spotted at some dental and engineering college belongng to ex-mla of tpt where its considered the accident prone zone...

Guys I am planning my trip to tirupati soon and would be better carefull of there speed guns in AP....

Would also caution fellow T-Bhpians on the same

REgards
Reits
Old 15th February 2009, 15:11   #86
BHPian

Speeding Ticket on Mysore Road

Hi,

On my way to Mysore during the last week of Jan, I was stopped just before the Bidadi town, by a set of traffic cops. Apparently, they were stopping almost all vehicles. After pulling over, I was guided to an inspector standing near an unusually looking police vehicle. Seeing me he asked for my car's registration number and upon hearing the number, he pulled out a sheet of printed paper and said 'you've been overspeeding, sir. Rs. 500/-'. I looked at the sheet, there was a faded picture of the front-view of my car, there was some text under it, which mentions the date, time, speed limit, and the speed at which I was driving.

Looks like the speed limit till Bidadi is 50 kmph and I was driving at 78.2 kmph. The vehicle near which the inspector was standing has a radar fitted into it and few guys were churning out print outs after print outs.

I asked is there a speed limt at such a nice and deserted road and if at all, were there any signs indicating this. The inspector said, there are signs posted and there is a speed limit till Bidadi. Then I asked about the speed recorded and I looked at the sheet given to another person. His speed too was listed as 78.2 kmph. Then, I asked how come the speed is same. The inspector asked for yet another person's sheet telling that it will be different. Interestingly, even he had the same speed listed in his sheet. He was puzzled at this point or was acting puzzled and tried to explain few things to me. I thought 'ok, let's get out of this.' I had couple of hours drive in front of me as I was on my way to Kerala.

Finally, the inspector wanted me to pay Rs. 300/- He gave me a reciept. Another cop was recording the registration number and names of all the people whom they were fining, into a portable device. I didn't want to get into their Blackberry database. I asked the inspector, is it really necessary to get myself entered into the database. He said, 'it's ok. Please go ahead, sir'.

It was an interesting experience and for me the first speeding ticket.

Also, the inspector was a very friendly person and had a smile all through the interaction, probably amused at the fate of the unsuspecting Saturday morning travelers.

Regards
Rex
Old 17th February 2009, 13:31   #87
BHPian

Did anyone got caught today at inner-ring-road. I saw the speed gun today @ 11-30 AM while passing the ring road.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:01   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen the speed gun in Jayanagar. The straight road connecting madhavan park and ashoka pillar. The road on which ezone is there. It's very easy to do abt 60-70 there.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Did anyone got caught today at inner-ring-road. I saw the speed gun today @ 11-30 AM while passing the ring road.
I saw them there yesterday when i was going home. They were on the other side of the road, the one going towards Indiranagar.
Old 8th March 2009, 18:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Got caught today..

Ok was heading towards devanhalli and dint know i was doing above 90kmph before i realised i was stopped and asked to meet the inspector who was sitting in that jeep, i knew i was above 80 just asked him what speed i was doing he said 96... it seems 80-90 is 300 and above 100 is 700 no idea what might be the cost if one is doing above 150....

There on it was a tough tasks of holding the speeds below 80:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks