Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 12:25   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Ok was heading towards devanhalli and dint know i was doing above 90kmph before i realised i was stopped and asked to meet the inspector who was sitting in that jeep, i knew i was above 80...
Not surprised at all. I was on that road proceeding to Nandi hills on Saturday morning, and saw atleast two interceptors on the way. I ensured i was always alightly below 80kmph and was never pulled up. To me, thats decent cruising speed on this road, although i did a 100kmph while i was on my way back from the airport in the night.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:05   #92
Team-BHP Support

Saw one near Cubbon Park catching people along the KSCA

If there is shade, there is an interceptor
Old 9th March 2009, 17:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
i knew i was above 80 just asked him what speed i was doing he said 96... it seems 80-90 is 300 and above 100 is 700 no idea what might be the cost if one is doing above 150....

There on it was a tough tasks of holding the speeds below 80:(
Just as thought. Why dont this people also catch the slow moving vehicle ? Some time I have seen that the truck/small carrier will drive at the fast lane by very slow pace... Is not they should also be fined for driving slow and keeping a long queue of traffic.
Old 9th March 2009, 17:19   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Just as thought. Why dont this people also catch the slow moving vehicle ? Some time I have seen that the truck/small carrier will drive at the fast lane by very slow pace... Is not they should also be fined for driving slow and keeping a long queue of traffic.
You can add some small cars/bikes too, once i found an uncle driving his 800 on the right lane at about 40kmph...he dint budge after honking and dipping also...he surely deserved to be fined

Btw are you applauding because i got fined
Old 9th March 2009, 17:21   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I have seen the speed gun in Jayanagar. The straight road connecting madhavan park and ashoka pillar. The road on which ezone is there. It's very easy to do abt 60-70 there.
I paid 300 at that place. Cop said I was doing 72. I knew I was around 60. Anyway, cant argue much. I ended up paying. Looks like I was caught on the last day, since then I havent seen them in that place.!
Old 9th March 2009, 17:30   #96
BANNED

these "Interceptors" are usually have fixed locations. so all one needs to get off is memorize these locations, behave nicely when in range and zoom away once out of range. law being upheld? heck no. I got pulled up for doiing 95 on an almost empty road. to me, it almost seems like the administration has taken leave of something called common sense and discretion. new 'rules' that are being implemented seem to exist solely for the purpose of generating additional revenue for the state.
I dare these airheads to stop and take action against even one of the big KSRTC buses which monopolize the rightmost lanes.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

gotcha

saw this speed camera just today opposite Kendra vidhyalaya Hebbal.
It is focused towards speeding vehicles coming from yeshwanthpur side(Indian institute of science).
careful while driving here people.
Attached Thumbnails
Speed guns in Bangalore-24032009029.jpg  

Old 26th March 2009, 23:40   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Vinaydas,

Is that a speed camera or a traffic light violation camera? Was it installed at a junction with traffic lights? If so, it is linked to the lights and activates itself as soon as the relevant red light comes on and takes pictures of cars (jumping the red) for around 5 seconds.
Old 30th March 2009, 01:50   #99
Senior - BHPian

im not really sure about that.
but it is placed at a signal near the sadashivnagar traffic police station.
Old 31st May 2009, 18:09   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
im not really sure about that.
but it is placed at a signal near the sadashivnagar traffic police station.
This thread has gone silent. So have the speed guns. I don't see them anywhere. Any clue? Maybe the carrier vehicle,Trax, broke down or something. But , news is, Bangalore gets 5 more additional 'interceptors'.Yet to see them on the road though.
Old 31st May 2009, 18:14   #101
BHPian

@14000rpm - I have seen an Interceptor on the old airport road after Command Hospital, halfway through the nice wide curvy section.

Have seen one on The new airport road as well.

A team BHP member has also reported being caught by one on Mysore road after Concorde motors
Old 31st May 2009, 19:51   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
This thread has gone silent. So have the speed guns. I don't see them anywhere. Any clue?
Not quite. Saw two of them between Hebbal and BIAL yesterday.

-- Wind
Old 1st June 2009, 11:35   #103

Saw one on Bannerghatta road on Friday opposite to Wockhardt hospital.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:08   #104
BHPian

The interceptor on mysore road just before kengeri seems to be a permanent fixture. I have used that road thrice last month and have seen it there all three times. Since I knew it was there I always slowed down before kengeri. However, i saw them stop many cars and vans so I guess they are making good money. I think the challan is for Rs300.
On another note I got such a challan while coming back from the airport. I picked up my bro and sister-in-law. Was doing 120 in the accent and showing my driving skills and thats when I got the ticket
Old 1st June 2009, 13:10   #105
BHPian

I believe they have become silent now. May be it was not as profitable as expected.
Yesterday I saw one near Yellanka New Town Ship Police Station. But it was just parked not activated.

Most Viewed