Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 07:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Very shocking to say the least! You never expect this to your car parked safely in your home!

Thankfully, the damage is negligible, take your car to a good paint shop & ask them to do the needful!
Old 13th November 2008, 08:56   #47
Team-BHP Support

Outrageous! Am shocked that this can happen to your car and house parked inside the society premises!

Hope you are able to get everything restored back quickly, and the scoundrel who was responsible for this act gets his share of severe punishment. That he dared to assault people calls for stricter punishments.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

The madman should consider himself lucky. Same with the watchman. I would've thrashed both and got them thrown in a lockup if something like this happened to me.

Hope your cars are back to their shiny selves soon, along with your home...
Old 13th November 2008, 09:20   #49
BHPian

unfortunate that such events have occurred and like said by others lucky that it stopped at this much damage!

Check if your insurance cover's arson, you could try that way and get it painted. I guess that's your best bet!

Anyway the way I see it repainting is the only way to get your car back in the shape you would like.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:30   #50
BHPian

thats really bad maan
iam shocked.
what was the pourpose of the whole thing?
i hope that fellow is given a sound thrashing by the cops.
i feel good polishing should take care of the vehicles.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:30   #51
tez
BHPian

shocking... hope you get both the beauties in their original shape and shine dueller. I guess the watchman also needs to be given a nice thrashing.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:32   #52
BHPian

one good thing was that no one was injured during all this.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry about your cars and home.

In the recent past, there used to be a series of such incidents in Chennai (Vadapalani/Choolaimedu area). Cars/bikes parked on the street set aflame by some mysterious person(s). I am not sure whether the police managed to trace the culprit.
Old 13th November 2008, 09:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

I am really sorry for your car , i think you car will have to claim for insurance and if i were you i would also have given the watchman a good piece of my mind , as it was his failure that he let things escalate to such an extend
Old 13th November 2008, 09:59   #55
BHPian

Feel real bad for you mate.
The Fiat requires a full body re-paint, fire damage has gone through the clear coat and the colour coat into the metal. No other option I'm afraid.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:02   #56
Senior - BHPian

I didn't believe the title - was even more dumbfounded when I read your post. What a demented character, as someone mentioned, thank God he wasn't armed.

Glad that your family members weren't harmed, really sorry to see the state of the cars. Only thing in your favour is that they are not dark colors so some salvaging may be possible. Good luck with the restoration.

Two hour lunch break for the watchman? Man, what a cushy job.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:09   #57
BHPian

This thread is now spread across 4 pages. All are sorry for what happened, me too.

But I would ask T-BHPians to provide some tips to recover his cars. He needs help in recovering his cars and not sorry's.

I'm don't have any expertise/knowhow about paint jobs or recovering vehicles damaged by fire.

Please help him with your valuable input and tips.

Thanks.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Try taking your car to a polisher who will use the rotary polishing machine with a rubbing compound to remove the burnt carbon marks (whatever can be renoved), followed by a wax polish. See if thats at an acceptable level for you.

If not, repainting the body is the only solution.

For the bumpers since they have developed melted bumps in them, fillup with putty and repaint is the only option.

Go to a recommended paint guy and not the showroom, they will charge a bomb. Talk to the insurance guy first for all this.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:38   #59
BHPian

I am not an expert but from what I have seen in the past such incidents discolor the paint and are not usually restored by polishing, also note that high temperature causes paint to bubble up or something like that which causes it to chip off later.

Hey, there's nothing wrong in trying out polishing before you attempt for a repaint.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

A very sad incident.
I thought that I am the only one to have cars damaged on T-BHP.
I really wonder if there were other cars parked. I am also surprised that why only your cars were targeted. May be you are the first building or your cars were properly covered.

I hope that cars are OK. The damage can make anyone cry out loud and I am seriously disappointed after looking at the damage. I wonder how other residents did not take timely action as the crimes this madman had committed were pretty serious.

Nice to see that atleast you father called up cops before things went further out of control.
I cannot think of any future steps that can be taken to prevent this except a better security arrangement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks