Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 16:07   #1
BHPian

The BMW Syndrome !

I love beamers !! Felt in love with the Marque after I drove the 5 series.

However, whats with Beamers and the Delhi Jinx !?

They seem to be on the third page oh! so often for all the wrong reasons !?

Is it something about the profile of Beamer owners ? You seldom see a Merc demolishing dividers.

I feel this has to do with the conservative Merc owners who seldom drive but hire a driver (Whose sole responsibiliy lies in ensuring the pristine beauty of the car, these guys polish and buff them sometimes 3 times a day).

Beamers tend to be self driven by the more enthusiastic lot,..read younger blokes !! Case in Point the M3 which zipped passed me on NH8 at insane triple digit speeds today !! He passed me in a bat of an eye lid, while I was at a sober 80 kmph. Made me feel like I was at stand still.

I repeat I love the brand BMW,..just wondering why ?!

Mods merge or delete if found offensive !
Old 15th November 2008, 22:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

We cannot pin point it to one car.
It is all about the person who is behind the wheel. If a person crashes a BMW, then I think that even if he is behind the wheel of Maruti 800, he would be doing the same. Only thing is that in BMW he is relatively safe in event of crash.

Sometimes I also think that people overestimate the capabilities of cars like BMW. May be the younger drivers are at fault, but we cannot bring BMW into discussion. There are millions of other youngsters who are not fortunate enough to have BMW but instead manage to create trouble for road users when they are riding irresponsibly on their two-wheelers.

Hiring a driver is upto oneself and self opinion. Yes I believe that when going to professional place where you are going to work a driver must be around, and when you are out to have fun with family, it must be self drive. Also having a driver is a status symbol in India.
We cannot pinpoint on BMW here.

Most Viewed