Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 18:55   #31
BANNED

Yeah, it's a dogs world out there and so to get a handle on things how about getting the motor vehicles act book and educating ourselves.

If not all we can learn many simple rules of law and procedures so that we cannot be harassed by sick people out there on the road including the mamus

cheers:
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
How does this go- Once the parties leave the site of the accident what is the proof that each claim one makes later is valid, I mean isn't it debatable what each is saying. What if I say in my case for example that it was he who hit my car
Well, yes you can say that. He would also be sure that he may not get the money. But then, people might pay some more money which they would otherwise have to pay to a lawyer. Also involved is the opportunity cost of time lost by going around courts, case getting postponed etc.

Also, I guess some banks have this policy that if their employees are in jail for more than a day, they will be terminated. (I am not sure of this, though)
Old 13th December 2008, 11:47   #33
BHPian

Ncb

I guess one has to go ahead and give a formal complaint in thier respective area police station about the incedent, just in case the other party is trying to harass you !

Otherwise let him note your registration numbers and go ahead with the process . This includes an RTO check where in the Brake inspector inspects the vehicle , for which you have to get the vehicle to the RTO which will be time consuming.

Regarding NCB I would say u can move on to another insurance company if the loading is going to be too much . Insurance companies welcome you with both hands and also give full NCB that you have accrued till the previous year that is till your previous policy.Make sure you get it done before your policy expires or else again the vehicle needs to be checked.
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:11   #34
BHPian

I banged my i10 into the rear side of an Alto while taking my car out of the parking area. Entirely my fault. The Alto had a few minor scratches while mine had some really deep ones with paint stripped off from a few places.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the owner of the car was nowhere to be seen. The security guards at the showroom where it was parked asked me to wait till they search for him. When they couldn't find him, they asked for my phone number and I left.

Now going by the previous posts in this thread, I think I'll give him my insurance policy and regd no. and ask him to claim for the repairs (i.e. if at all he calls ). But what about the repairs of my car? Can I still claim insurance for it? Is it advisable to first check the cost of damage and then decide whether to claim it or not?

Thanks!
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:48   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Now going by the previous posts in this thread, I think I'll give him my insurance policy and regd no. and ask him to claim for the repairs (i.e. if at all he calls ). But what about the repairs of my car? Can I still claim insurance for it? Is it advisable to first check the cost of damage and then decide whether to claim it or not?Thanks!
I am not sure this method works. I dont think it is as simple as give your policy number and car number and tell them to go claim.

Maybe i am too behind on this subject since i never experienced this type of a situation.
Old 26th April 2009, 08:28   #36
BHPian

Back in the days when I was India, I remember the rule in case of an minor accident was to get out of your vehicle and start abusing the other involved party left and right ,no matter who ever was at fault..and of course it helped being a local and having some real macho(read thug) looks.
Lu€iFer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2009, 16:24   #37
BHPian

Just wanted to check if there are any threads that lists accidents in Bangalore and how people with police influence get away?

I recently had someone ram into my almost stationary car and this person got away using police influence.

I'm unable to find any such threads on team-bhp and I wanted to make sure that I do not create duplicate threads. If there are any such threads, please point.

Thanks!
Old 27th April 2009, 16:44   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
Just wanted to check if there are any threads that lists accidents in Bangalore and how people with police influence get away?
You can open a new one. Would be a learning for lot of folks here who would like to add similiar experiences.
Old 27th April 2009, 16:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Now going by the previous posts in this thread, I think I'll give him my insurance policy and regd no. and ask him to claim for the repairs (i.e. if at all he calls ). But what about the repairs of my car? Can I still claim insurance for it? Is it advisable to first check the cost of damage and then decide whether to claim it or not?

Thanks!
I agree with mobike on the insurance part. I am not up to date on the policy, although IIRC damage to third party property is covered. Normally, it is the two sets of insurers who settle between themselves through a protracted process, and the two insured parties have no part in it apart from sharing the info. You can claim your insurance though. And get an estimate before you you file a claim, basically to judge whether it is worth losing your NCB for this. All the best mate....
Old 27th April 2009, 17:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

If you crash into a car, parked or not, then its your fault. Why does the other guy who only mistake was to be at the wrong place at the wrong time go through all the procedures waste his time just because someone else banged into him!? And for big cars, it costs a bomb to repaint or change the RVM's etc.

And its foolish to go on claiming insurance for repairs around 10-20k. You'll just lose the no claim bonus. And nobody wants that, especially if its because of someone else's driving error.

Last edited by karthik247 : 27th April 2009 at 17:22.
Old 13th May 2009, 16:23   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
If you crash into a car, parked or not, then its your fault. Why does the other guy who only mistake was to be at the wrong place at the wrong time go through all the procedures waste his time just because someone else banged into him!? And for big cars, it costs a bomb to repaint or change the RVM's etc.
But that would depend on where the car is parked.
If its parked right after a left turn.

The incoming driver will have no idea its there and it will be quite late before he can stop his car. Even if the speed is not very high.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks