Team-BHP - NH2 - NH24 X over.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   NH2 - NH24 X over. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/49630-nh2-nh24-x-over.html)

Gents,

I will be driving Up north From Mathura Road (Nh2) and will
be going towards Meerut on NH24 , Could you please guide
which bypass to take prior reaching Delhi for safe changeover
to NH24, Is it Left turn before Noida Toll Bridge, then Nizamuddin
bridge , through Hapur Bypass ? Any advise will be appreciated.
I won't mind if the distance is a bit larger, with less traffic density.

Cheers

I have taken the route which you suggest and I found it the easiest and most direct. Needless to say, you can also take the Sarika Vihar or Noida Toll Bridge Co bridge which come before that, but the Nizamuddin Bridge (after Maharani Bagh, Sarai Kalai Khan) is a good one to take. After crossing the road, you are in NH24A and then bypass Ghaziabad and Hapur.

If you are going to Meerut then the route you suggest is the best.
It also depends on the time of the day. If it is rush hours then you may find it easier to take route, as mentioned by HVKumar, right off at Sarita Vihar, Cross Yamuna at Kalindi Kunj and then left after that along Yamnua till Akshardham and right turn their towards Sahibabad. Basically this is other side of Nizamudin bridge. Advantage of avoiding jams at Ashram. This does not avoid Badarpur.
If you are familisar with Faridabad then you can take right turn at sector 15 and after crossing Yamuna canal take a left and follow the road along the canal all the way to Kalindi Kunj. Most of the time during the day or rush hours this is faster.

Whew...what all you have to do to avoid Delhi jams!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudev (Post 1068071)
If you are familisar with Faridabad then you can take right turn at sector 15 and after crossing Yamuna canal take a left and follow the road along the canal all the way to Kalindi Kunj. Most of the time during the day or rush hours this is faster.

No, that route needs more guidance than that for captdey to reach Kalindi kunj.:)
Bad roads and chaotic traffic on this route won't help either.

If you are heading to Meerut, use this route, Badarpur Border-Mathura Road-Ashram crossing(below Ashram flyover) take right-left before Noida Toll Bridge, Right turn to Nizammudin Bridge-Go straight- straight from Mayur Vihar Phase 2 T point- Straight to Ghazipur Crossing-Ghazipur flyover-Delhi UP border-left to Sahibabad road-Dabur crossing keep straight- Mohan Nagar ROB-Right Turn after the ROB-Go straight-Hindon Bridge-Meerut T point-take left-NH 58 starts-Go straight to Meerut.

Any other longer way will have almost same amount of traffic, what time do you plan to cross the Delhi?

Thanks , I would like to transit through these areas during daylight
hours, preferably during dawn, what do you suggest ?

Cheers

If it is morning before 0800hrs then follow what setuniket is directing. Ashram starts building up traffic after that.

Leave as early as possible before 0800 hrs as sudev said, because this whole route is full of traffic during peak hours ,every portion of this stretch gets congested. Any other route(via Noida) might get confusing and later becomes congested too.