Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 15:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

As the door has been opened into the elephant section, though inadvertently by Khan Saab, here goes..........

Catching it big for pooper:

Dung Attack - harmful?-3853_1927_elephantdungcatcher1.jpg

sub
Jumbo Pooper

Amazon is actually selling products from ele. Poo:
Amazon.com: The Elephant Poo Poo Paper Co: Office Products

Youtube vidoe showing sale:

Would it be more beneficial to drive over Elephant's and have it on the underchasis?

Time to change gears and move up?

========

Last edited by ramkya1 : 6th December 2008 at 15:34.
Old 6th December 2008, 15:39   #137
Senior - BHPian

come on. give me a break. This thread started from Tech stuff, moved to street exp and now "shifting gears" to some other palce. Lol
Old 6th December 2008, 16:19   #138
Senior - BHPian

Both you morons....I still have some sanity left. I very specifically mentioned that the probes were "sticked". Now where did insertion or penetration come in??......<loud guffaw> <running steps> <again that gentle face peering> <morphine injection> <I am slurrrrreeping>

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Were the probes inserted or penetrated? gdbhai
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Difference is there, vikram
Penetration happens first time. Insertion happens upon repeated acts.
Old 6th December 2008, 16:36   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Both you morons....I still have some sanity left. I very specifically mentioned that the probes were "sticked". Now where did insertion or penetration come in??......<loud guffaw> <running steps> <again that gentle face peering> <morphine injection> <I am slurrrrreeping>

Boy-o-boy this sure beats the Bhuj quake by all counts!!!!

=======

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th December 2008 at 17:04. Reason: 2 smileys max.
Old 6th December 2008, 17:40   #140
Senior - BHPian

10 whole pages of dung!

Old 6th December 2008, 19:12   #141
Senior - BHPian

Feng shui? Incense sticks from dung

JAIPUR: The Japanese have developed a fancy for incense sticks made of cow dung. A large quantity of such organic incense sticks are being exported by a Mumbai-based company to Japan.

These fragrant incense sticks are made of cow dung derived from a "gaushala" (cow shelter) — Santshri Asaram Gaushala — at Niwai in Tonk district, 70 km from here. Spread over 51 "bighas", the "gaushala" has 1,500 cows. It provides direct employment to 350 women and 176 men.
The incense is used by the Japanese during prayers and medidation. It is also used as a room freshner in their homes.

According to Babu Lal Gupta, an official at the Santshri Asaram "gaushala", the incense stick in available in various shapes. It is manufactured by the Mumbai exporter at the "gaushala" premises at Newai. The "gaushala" sells cow dung at the rate of Rs 9,000 a tonne to the exporter. Local labourers thereupon convert it into aromatic incense.

Gupta said the Japanese like the incense sticks made of cow dung because of its organic content and since it is eco-friendly. It is not known how much of the incense sticks made here is exported, but a large quantity of cow dung is bought by the exporter every month for this purpose, said Gupta.

The "gaushala’s" development wing is now trying to improve upon the incense sticks by increasing their organic ingredients. Besides making incense sticks, the "gaushala" has also become a major centre for producing cow urine’s essence (Gomutra arc). Gupta said the "gau mutra" is distilled and is used for making ayurvedic medicine.

Source: Feng shui? Incense sticks from dung-India-The Times of India

======================================

The tailgate of one of their trucks must have burst opened with all the gas build-up and you happened to run over it.

Did it lead to "dungaplaning" just like aquaplaning?

Just drive over to their company and dump the dung - you can go home with a cool 9k - must be even more now.
Old 6th December 2008, 19:23   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

... that's taking this into a new direction man... (Can we have more than 2 smiley's just for this thread please..). Soon we can have jokes and movie dialogs that are about dung. I know one of those from a Prem Chopra movie: "Bhens poonch othaige to gaana nahin gaiygi. gobar hi karegi"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
...It is also used as a room freshner in their homes.
Just imagine being in a room which has dung smelling incense sticks burning. Would be good to get rid of unwanted guests though :-)

Quote:
.. the incense stick in available in various shapes. ...
Various shapes..!!! wow. what about flavors these japs man.

Quote:
... is now trying to improve upon the incense sticks by increasing their organic ingredients.
Wonder how? are they planning to mix more dung into the cow dung to increase the organic content or maybe mix some bull dung or pour some red-bull into it..??

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th December 2008 at 00:38. Reason: 2 smileys max please.
Old 6th December 2008, 19:53   #143
Senior - BHPian

wow sugand gobar. Not bad. Soon we may have facewashes and what not with this. Gobar waala deo anyone?

Well a bit OT: Once this wild herd of elephants decided to visit my uncles house. So one ele decided to bless the courtyard with a couple of lumps of dungo. The next morning uncle was not surprised by the visitors as half the animals are never in the forests esp during summers.
He just prodded the dung and was shocked to find close to 150 seeds of the favorite fruits the JACKFRUIT. Imagine 150 bloody jackfruit seeds!
Old 6th December 2008, 21:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

And this seems to be the perfect solution to people (most bhpians) fed up with the traffic of cities like Bangalore, Mumbai etc. that normally inches along slower than a snail's pace.

Just give your baby (I mean the car) a generous coating of the strong smelling variety of dungeordorant and off you go - the road will open up like Moses opened up the Red sea. Of course if the car occupants put on some gas masks, it will improve the effect and they might even be alive by the end of the drive.
Old 6th December 2008, 23:05   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
gd1418 : ...I still have some sanity left. I very specifically mentioned that the probes were "sticked".
@GD, absolutely. Just that, You did not specify that the probes were stuck "ON" your body.

Last edited by condor : 6th December 2008 at 23:08.
Old 7th December 2008, 11:31   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
How on earth did you manage all your 4's in dung????
sonirohit, my friend, as they say, "SH*T happens!".

Wiki defines the expression this way: 'used as a simple existential observation that life is full of imperfections. It is an acknowledgment that bad things happen to people for no particular reason'. So, that's how all my four wheels got squished.

also, i am unable to bottle up my guilt after laying my eyes on this (all due to the **## wiki)

'Dung beetles eat dung excreted by herbivores and omnivores, and prefer that produced by the former. They do not need to eat or drink anything else because the dung provides all the necessary nutrients. Instead they use their mouthparts to squeeze and suck the juice from the manure, a liquid full of micro-organisms and other nutrients'

'Two beetles, one male and one female, will be seen around the dung ball during the rolling process. Usually it is the male that rolls the ball, with the female hitch-hiking or simply following behind. In some cases the male and the female roll together. When a spot with soft soil is found, they stop and bury the dung ball. They will then mate underground.'

Forgive me if you can, dung beetles. I must've interrupted your exciting lives pretty bad.

the pic says it all...
Attached Thumbnails
Dung Attack - harmful?-800pxscarabaeus_laticollis_2.jpg  

Old 7th December 2008, 18:03   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
d_himan : sonirohit, my friend, as they say, "SH*T happens!".

also, i am unable to bottle up my guilt after laying my eyes on this (all due to the **## wiki)
Forgive me if you can, dung beetles. I must've interrupted your exciting lives pretty bad.
@d_himan, my friend, it's ok. No need to jump the gun, I guess. The dung beetles are not going to be dropped by the bovine specimen, along with the dung. They too need a proper environment, and the road is definitely not one of them. The dung also needs to have dried up atleast a little before these beetles move in.

If you still do feel guilty, you can check with the beetles how to make it up to them I guess.

Last edited by condor : 7th December 2008 at 18:07.
Old 7th December 2008, 20:42   #148
Senior - BHPian

Medical definition of probe - A slender, flexible surgical instrument used to explore a wound or body cavity.

Source - probe: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com

This thread is getting nastier by the minute. We are now defining probes.
Old 7th December 2008, 21:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

Time....... 0302 AM...

Gobar singh faces the scared driver who was ripping over his precious Gobar left out to dry on the road, Gobar Singh has a hard gobar frisby on his hand aimed straight at the driver, asks meanacingly:

Gobar: "emmmmmmmmmmmm... Kithene Speed me thhey?"

Driver: "Sardar (100) sau me thhey"

Gobar: "sau me....... (Shouting) SWIFT KE DRIVER........ wo gobar thhey, aur tum driver, fir be chalaya, khaaaali car, Kya samaj kar chalaye thhe? Ke Gobar bahut kush hoga, sabhasi dega kyon, DIKHAR HAI...

Area Oh Mama (talks to his mama standing near by) "kithane support price rekha hai sarkar gobar pe?"

Mama, "pura pachas rupaya per kg."

Gobar: "Suna..... Pure pachas rupaya, our ea esliye hai ke yeham se pachas pachas kos door gao me, jab driver gobar me chalatha hai, to Gao Ka Mukhya kahta hai, driver, math karo, nahi to, Gobar Singh a jaya ga, our ye careless driver Gobar Singh ka naam mitty me mila diya, eska saja milega, BARABAR MILEGA....... MAMA, kithena gobar frisbe hai (takes up a basket full of gobar frisbe) MAMA, KITHENA GOBAR HAI",

Mama: "Eak"

Gobar:"Eak... eak Gobar hai tokari ke andhar, eak gobar, aur driver eak, bahut beinsafi he ye."

Swiiiiiiisssshhhhhhhhh, (throws away the basket and picks up another full one); ab teek hai, ab teek hai, ab ye tokari me 6 frisby hai........ab tokari ko gumayega, ab konsa chota hai, konsa bada hai, hum ko be nahi patha, HUM KO KUCH NAHI PATHA, he he he he......... (10 times),

is tokari me theen bada our theen chota bandh hai"

Driver: Sardar hum same hotal me khana kaya hai....

Gobar: Ab gobar kha..

(throws the gobar frisbies at the driver.. 5 feets away)

Wroom..... wroom....... wroom......wroom... wroom.... wroom...... back gaya driver........ ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (57 times).... (the driver also starts laughing)

SUDDENLY.....takes out a lump of wet gobar from a basket and throws it SPLAT on the drivers face.... driver falls down gasping!!!!!

Gobar: Jo Drive kiya, samjo gobar khaya"

Driver..... falls down from bed and says, " GOD what a nightmare, if I ever see gobar on the road, I'd take a U turn and scram"

======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 7th December 2008 at 21:38.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:07   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ramky, pls do a +1 to the Richter reading. Must be our dear Amjad-saab turning & tossing ..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks