Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2008, 15:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Labour and painting will be around 7k, plus parts (tail lights and rear bumper). 35k is way out, ask them to give a more realistic quote!
Old 20th December 2008, 16:13   #17
BHPian

Yeah - i agree with Jaggu. In my case - the damage was more when compared with Lionheart's Fiesta.

It should cost you < 10k for the new Fiesta bumper.
Old 20th December 2008, 19:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here is my $0.02.

Bumper, taillight and tailgate (minor) damaged.
* Bumper can be fixed and painted 1/3rd (color matching on plastic bumper is no issues at all - have done it 3-4 times on my car) - should cost 2-3K at a good workshop (Suraksha motors, Sai Colorium). Note : If the bumper mounts etc have broken, then this may require replacement. Mere cut in the bumper can be "stitched".

* Check for non-dealer Tail lamp availability - if available, would cost less than Ford dealer price.

* Tailgate - seems minor bends. You'll have to repaint it though. About 4-5k.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 20th December 2008 at 19:21.
Old 22nd December 2008, 11:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

I just don't get it. Even if they replace the bumper & the tail lamp assembly, how much would it cost? Between 10 & 15k tops? Where's the 35k coming from?
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Painting.

The paint job costs as much as a new bumper itself.

Then there's labour, which they charge as they please.
Old 24th December 2008, 14:14   #21
Team-BHP Support

35K is quite a lot! Ask your friend to get a quote from Lathngi Ford, instead of Metro Ford.

Will wait for Nikhilb2008 to clarify is the old Cauvery Ford will take up repairs on Ford cars. Got an SMS from them saying they take up body panel work. They would be the best option worth pursuing, if you ask me. If you need the details, plz PM me asking for it.
Old 24th December 2008, 20:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Bumper does not require replacement.
I just got both on my baleno done. They were BROKEN. Cannot even make out its been repaired look brand new
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Here is my $0.02.

Bumper, taillight and tailgate (minor) damaged.
* Bumper can be fixed and painted 1/3rd (color matching on plastic bumper is no issues at all - have done it 3-4 times on my car) - should cost 2-3K at a good workshop (Suraksha motors, Sai Colorium). Note : If the bumper mounts etc have broken, then this may require replacement. Mere cut in the bumper can be "stitched".
OT: iceman91, lancer_rit, if you guys can share the details for Suraksha, Sai colorium or any other good denting , painting workshop. I need to get my ikon's bumper repainted
Old 25th December 2008, 09:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

most bangaloreans would call this a minor job ;-)

complete bumper repaint should cost between 3-5K.
add the tail light assembly cost to it. that's about it.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:51   #24
BHPian

thanks guys for your help.
He got it done for 3K totally as well as sent a letter to the Ford MD.
Man, the drama that followed was something.
I think Ford from all over the country called him up apologizing

Rgrds

Lnhrt
lionheart133 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2009, 22:55   #25
BHPian

Great News for FORD Owner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart133 View Post
thanks guys for your help.
He got it done for 3K totally as well as sent a letter to the Ford MD.
Man, the drama that followed was something.
I think Ford from all over the country called him up apologizing

Rgrds

Lnhrt
Great News. At the same time I too mailed in behalf of you on 29th Dec. Please send me your mail ID. I will forward the mail to you and if you like you can also put the the same mail into the Forum. They are also asking your car Vin OR Registration No. If you want you can PM me those. I will forward to FORD MD.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sowmya : 3rd January 2009 at 22:56.
Old 15th January 2009, 01:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
OT: iceman91, lancer_rit, if you guys can share the details for Suraksha, Sai colorium or any other good denting , painting workshop. I need to get my ikon's bumper repainted
Sorry missed this out earlier. Please check this thread for contacts and bhpian experiences :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html

The contacts etc are there a few pages into the thread.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:26   #27
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta rear ended

I am using this thread. How much does the Fiesta Classic's front bumper cost? Today, I am given an invoice of Rs.2800/- from MGS Ford at Lucknow. The painting would cost an additional 4500/-. They are nevertheless ready to give me some discount on the paint job.

In fact my car's front bumper has a long scratch which I have been carrying for more than 6 months now. The other day, I got the circle of the fog lamp too distorted. My own mistake. Still I don't want to carry them as reminders always. The rest of the car is perfect. And it is only one year and three months. The body shop offers to do a little denting, but they say at the same time that it won't still look like the original, and that even after part repairing (for Rs.500/-), painting job will have to be done. Altogether, three "events" of scratching/dent are accumulated on the front bumper.

What shall I do? Won't it be a better idea to go ahead and get it replaced altogether for approximately 6000/- than do the repair and paint it for 4000 or 4500/-?

Vipin.
Old 20th October 2012, 21:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
What shall I do? Won't it be a better idea to go ahead and get it replaced altogether for approximately 6000/- than do the repair and paint it for 4000 or 4500/-?

Vipin.
Go ahead and replace it as the cost difference is only Rs 1500 or so. I had a dent on my bumper and even the fog lamp socket was twisted, when I was away in the US. I got it fixed for Rs 2500 on my return. But in your case, the estimate is high for repair, so go for replacement.
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:34   #29
BHPian

Thanks a lot for response. I too increasingly feel that it is better not to carry a bumper with a few scratches right on the front and twisted circle of the fog lamp socket. In my case, the fog-lamp circle is part of the bumper itself. In the earlier Fiesta model (pre-2009), the fog lamp had a separate removable black socket.

I hope the painting job done by the body shop people will have no shade difference.

Additionally, I also have an idea of equipping the car with a reverse parking camera and sensor, GPS navigation, bluetooth handsfree. Hope Mapmyindia would do well.

Vipin.
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:50   #30
BHPian

Recently I got my car fixed for similar damage at http://www.saicolorium.com/ . They did a very decent job at a reasonable price (Much better then TATA TASC ). You may try calling these numbers: 080 65955666 / 080 41214556 . Contact Person : Mr. Khan

Most Viewed