Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2008, 14:11   #1
BHPian

Bangalore Ernakulam Volvo bus accident at Coimbatore Byepass on 14 Dec morning

Dear All

Does anyone have more details about the Volvo bus operating between Bangalore- Ernakulam which crashed into a mobile crane on Sunday ,14 December morning (around 3 AM) on the Coimbatore Byepass Road?? Atleast 3 people were killed and many injured as per media reports. Who was the operator??I understand this was a private operator. I travel between Bangalore and EKM regularly (infact I was on the same road the day before on 13th morning on a KSRTC Rajahamsa) and my experiences with many of the private operators is too scary! I avoid private operators if I can and travel by KSRTC wherever possible but they are heavily booked.But all the same I would like to know more about the operator of the bus involved in the accident in this case so that I can avoid unsafe operators. Local media as usual has some coverage of the accident EXCEPT the name of the operator which ofcourse is of no help to people like me who have to travel regularly between the cities but currently am not in a position to drive down in my own vehicle (nor can plan far enough in advance to get train reservations).

Any information most appreciated.
Old 29th December 2008, 10:11   #2
BHPian

Hi,
I happened to see the images, i doubt whether it was a volvo, looked like a Leyland Omni bus, remeber having read that the bus driver (from erode) tried to overtake a lorry and rammed head on into the projection of the crane.

I will not blame the bus driver totally as the crane projection never has any reflector stuff and protrudes almost 40 feet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks