Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 16:43   #61
BHPian

i dont think the boys were racing or dragging, i think the cops chased them coz they were doing wheelies, i blame the cops for chasing these bikers unnecessarily , if the cops had not chased them none of this would have happened! and i am sure the cops wanted to chase them so that they could get some money ,not like two kids doing wheelies in the middle of the night is such a crime!
Old 29th December 2008, 16:49   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
not like two kids doing wheelies in the middle of the night is such a crime!
It is. Riding a vehicle endangering the riders/drivers life or those of others anytime of the day is a crime.

They should have been chased, for bribe or challan is besides the point.

On the same road i was going to get mugged at 2 in the night while on my way back from office 3 years back. Back then there were no police patrols there, atleast now they are.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:51   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont think the boys were racing or dragging, i think the cops chased them coz they were doing wheelies, i blame the cops for chasing these bikers unnecessarily , if the cops had not chased them none of this would have happened! and i am sure the cops wanted to chase them so that they could get some money ,not like two kids doing wheelies in the middle of the night is such a crime!
You have a strange view of the world my friend. I hope you do not advice what you have just said over here.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:53   #64
BHPian

cops mostly take money only when the "victim" has broken the law (caught racing, coming in the wrong direction, jumping red light, parking in a no-parking zone, not wearing helmets, in a brothel etc), and wants to escape the proper punishment with an easy way out.

and if he's busy doing wheelies at 1am in an area infamous from drag races, would the cops turn a blind eye?

i hope the fear of death halts drag races atleast for the time being.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Not everyone knows how to surrender. Also they can easily come to know if a person is really shooting or not. If he was on mobile ( they must have seen mobile ) then he cannot point and shoot in perfect manner.

I am still not able to digest somebody getting killed for jumping into army compound. If they can do it, then those who come in my compound, if I think they are suspects, I have a right to shoot them.

Sorry, out of this thread.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

All they can do is scare them at gunpoint.

But shoot them no way,not at all.
something is fishy here.
I really don't understand what is fishy here. Being a student doesn't mean that one can do anything they like. Its a highly restricted area where in he entered at late night and didn't obey the orders. That is enough reason for a security personnel to shoot him down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami
I am still not able to digest somebody getting killed for jumping into army compound. If they can do it, then those who come in my compound, if I think they are suspects, I have a right to shoot them.
Yes. Provided you live in a Highly restricted Area as a Military camp.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 29th December 2008 at 17:08.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Not everyone knows how to surrender.
I seriously hope that you are kidding.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:07   #68
BHPian

if you want stop people from doing wheelies or racing put more barricades , road humps , road bloacks or whatever else possible , chasing is not the solution , the guy who is being chased will probably ride faster or more dangeroulsy in order to get away, prevention is better than cure!

lets say the cops had actually manged to catch them , the boys would have paid them and continued what they were doing , and probably done it more coz they would be pissed off that they got caught!!

Last edited by siddartha : 29th December 2008 at 17:15.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:10   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Not everyone knows how to surrender. Also they can easily come to know if a person is really shooting or not. If he was on mobile ( they must have seen mobile ) then he cannot point and shoot in perfect manner.

Sorry, out of this thread.
You cant jump inside a military compund and act like a moron and thnk you can get out of it.

Its a MILITARY AREA FOR HEAVENS SAKE, not your next door playground.

Do you know you cannot take pictures of military vehicles on public roads, you can be arrested.

Do you know you cannot take pictures of military establishments by standing outside on public land, you can be arrested.

Do you know you cannot walk/stroll inside a military compound to look at the flowerbed inside, you can get arrested.

Do you know inside a military controlled area no civilian can enter without proper approvals, you can get arrested.

Do you know what the military does for you and why they have the above restrictions?

If you have a no for anyone of the answers please read up, before trying to show empathy to that guy who got killed.

He was stupid and stupidity can kill you as he proved to all of us.

About someone coming inside your house and you feel threatned for your life you can kill for self defense. If you can prove it that is.

Now dont generalise between your house and the military establishment and have an argument.

Quote:
so are u saying those who do wheelies are muggers?
Dude, what was that again? Those are 2 different things. Oh forget...

Last edited by Spitfire : 29th December 2008 at 17:12.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2008, 17:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

Wheelies are not meant to be done on public roads. Just imagine a scenario where the cops did not try to stop him and he was to later get crushed below a lorry's wheels. Who would we blame? The cops right?

Nobody here is saying that people who do wheelies on public roads are muggers. What spitfire has mentioned is his experience some years back. He is only talking about police patrolling. That is all. Don't read more than what is written.

The only reason he got shot was that even after one hour he did not pay any attention to the words of the security people. It is plain stupidity on his part. He could have just surrendered and he would have been alive today. And on top of it people here say that not everybody know how to surrender. I will tell you how to surrender. Put your hands up in the air and say I surrender.

@Siddharta - When cops ask you to stop. You stop. I was stopped by cops on the very same night for dazzling headlights (as they call it) on the very same old airport road.. I stopped, paid my fine, got a valid receipt and left. If I was to run then the cops would have chased me too. When you run from the law that means you have something to hide. Also when you do something illegal then you shut up and pay the fine.

PS: Like we don't have enough speed breakers in Bangalore already and you want more. There were barricades and the guys slipped through them. That is when they started chasing him.

Last edited by vikram_d : 29th December 2008 at 17:20.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if you want stop people from doing wheelies or racing put more barricades , road humps , road bloacks or whatever else possible , chasing is not the solution , the guy who is being chased will probably ride faster or more dangeroulsy in order to get away, prevention is better than cure!
Why should the common man, who just wants to get to his destination safe and sound be made to suffer through those barricades, road humps and road blocks, just to prevent a few morons from hurting themselves?

Anyway, loss of life is always tragic. There is no point here in debating who was at fault.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

I am at a complete loss. Besides everything else, when there was sufficient warning from the army guards, why did the biker not respond back in Hindi that he was a regular kid who was just racing? Why did he try to take on the army guards by trying to flee? Was he unaware of the current scenario? Did he not heed the shots in the air? Or max, why not just dig himself in? OR call the TV channels and beg for his life - hardened criminals have used to media to ensure a safe arrest (versus an encounter)?

This whole episode puzzles me no end.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:24   #73
BHPian

i am not saying doing wheelies or racing on the streets is good , pls dont get me wrong !
lets say the kid rides faster and more dangerously trying to get away from the cops , he has more chances getting crushed under the wheels of a lorry than if he want being chased.

chasing a guy doing such things on the road is only going to make the situation worse.

Last edited by siddartha : 29th December 2008 at 17:34.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:29   #74
Senior - BHPian

The cops have a new mantra these days. You Run, They Chase. I have seen this happening in broad daylight. The other day a biker jumped a signal even when a cop tried to stop him. The constable on duty flags down another two wheeler, rides shotgun on it and gives chase to the first biker. Next signal I reach I see the biker being challaned.

My advice to all folks young & old. If the cops stop you, Stop, Do Not Run.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:31   #75
BANNED

Quote:
lets say the kid rides faster and more dangerously trying to get away from the cops , he has more chances getting crushed under the wheels of a lorry than if he want being chased.
And it has happened many a times.

People trying to get away from cops and killing themselves. It comes down to commonsense.

They are cops they have all the right to chase you; you unfortunately dont have any right to run away and then say you are innocent because you thought the cop is corrupt or will harass you.

They have an authority to stop you.

Now the cop chase and the army shooting the guy are totally 2 different issues neither are connected to each other.

For the cops they got the bike, they could have found him and arrested/penalised him.

For the army he was an intruder who didnt heed their warnings or their requests to surrender.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks