Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 12:45   #16
BANNED

You have bald tyres and 100 kmph. Thank your stars.

Maybe the villagers have rigged that place so that there are accidents and they can flick stuff from the cars.

But very disturbing, imagine if you are with family. Humanity has been lost.

Junk that car if you dont have comprehensive insurance. Get the RC cancelled.
Old 29th December 2008, 12:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
i am just worried about one thing, what will the scrap dealer do with the car. If he rebuilds it and the car gets into wrong hands then its a problem, looking at the increased terrorist activity i am little skeptical about this option.
A perfectly valid concern any law abiding citizen will have. Your concern has been addressed by SpitFire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
...Get the RC cancelled.
In case you do scrap the vehicle, make sure to get this done ASAP. I am not sure how this work, meaning, what needs to be given to the RTO as proof that he vehicle has been scraped. But whatever it is, would recommend that it be done by yourself and not through a broker / agent.
Old 29th December 2008, 12:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Pramod, thank god you and your friends are safe. Its shameful that people use other people's misery for their own gains :( . One thing I just couldnt understand is how the car just overturned , I mean what happened ? Could it be possible that this is one of the tricks the villagers might be responsible for? Leave something like a spike strip at places where you know that the person might not see and would cause such damage to the car?
saying this because it seems so well rehersed from your post, villagers coming , reporter and ambulance showing up, they seeing someone with your mobiles to gain your trust . Somehow I feel that there is something very fishy about this incident.
Glad you guys are safe again bro.

Edit :Spitfire: Just saw your post. Same thoughts exactly.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:04   #19
BHPian

Glad you are safe to write this post and am very sad at the events that have taken place post the accident.

I will however take a good lesson from your incident. Though I definitely will wear seat belts during driving, the rest of the family sitting at the back dont. I will have to make it a must that they wear their belts during our long drives hence forth.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

glad to see you are safe and sound.

the response from villagers is pretty depressing. the world is surely going to the dogs.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

The villagers part: It happens with almost all the accidents. This is one of the reason for them to exploit money from the people. About theiving the things inside the car, it happens in cities and villages are following their counterparts in cities.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Being a fellow owner of an esteem and seeing the condition of the car, I would suggest you scrap it.
Almost no chance for the chassis to survive.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:51   #23
BANNED

While most post here have already advised you about what to do with the car, I request that as a mark of gratitude to the "kind hearted and honest" villagers, you should publish the name of the place here.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:52   #24
BHPian

Send some of your friend to villagers and Give some money and get Back all the Music System...
Old 29th December 2008, 14:54   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Send some of your friend to villagers and Give some money and get Back all the Music System...
It would have been sold off by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
While most post here have already advised you about what to do with the car, I request that as a mark of gratitude to the "kind hearted and honest" villagers, you should publish the name of the place here.
I completely agree with your suggestion.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:08   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I am not sure how this work, meaning, what needs to be given to the RTO as proof that he vehicle has been scraped.
You give an application on plain paper to the RTO where it has being registered. They will stamp your RC book as cancelled and return it to you, you keep this as proof. If leased/on loan you need to clear it first.

When you scrap the car, see to it that you dont give any papers to the guy. Instead show him the cancelled RC book, for his peace of mind if he is scrapping it. This is for him to know that you are the genuine owner. But i am not sure if anyone cares.

The above is what is followed in Goa, we had scrapped a Kinetic Honda and a Fiat as per the above procedure.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:31   #27
BANNED

Thank God, you and your friends are safe. Be sensible while enjoying and be alert.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Pramod, that's a scary crash! thank god you guys are safe!

btw do i see both the front wheels bald?? if so then i would say it could have been the cause too??

I think you should scarp that car...
Old 29th December 2008, 17:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the support guys, for the ones who what to know how this happened. this is how it goes. the place is called mallapally and its roughly 110 kms from hyderabad. the road is almost straight there is a turn on the right which is not very sharp, i do not remember what happened but there was breaks applied well over 20 meters from the crash site, there are skid marks on the road. The person said suddenly the car swayed to the left and it hit a rock on the left. this airlifted the car and it landed upside down in a 20 ft ditch. villagers overturned the car as it had full tank fuel. The main aim was then to take the car out of the ditch. the got a tractor and tried pulling it out. and then they did. later all this i know who took your phones episode happened and basically it was to buy more time. to take the car out of the dis they charged us 1500 RS. and charged 2000 as advance to get it t hyderabad which did not happen. next day i went there as one of my friend insisted. i had mixed feelings . i thought to a point that i light a match and put it in the car, depression makes people think wrong. we went there and we hired a truck. they put the truck in the ditch to create a ramp to push the car in so basically the car went to the same ditch where it came from any good driver will tell that's a mistake to put the truck in the ditch the truck got stuck, then they had to get a tractor to get the truck out. We paid that tractor guy as well. then we paid the villagers to push the car in the truck. the funniest part is yet to come. there was a guy who was helping us push the car and suddenly we saw him arguing with other villagers. and this happened after the car was on the truck. the guy owned the field where the truck was standing and the truck has to take a 5 meter u turn on to the road, the field had nothing in it and still the guy said i will not let u take the truck until you pay me 1000 Rs. as we all anticipated the truck guy also wanted a lot money more than he agreed. then we had to get a crane at hyderabad to take it out of the truck. the crane guy was out of small craned ..he charged us 2000 to get the car out of the truck. i am happy to learn that there is a huge society surviving on people's misery. however i have learned my lesson the hard way but i am happy about the fact that i always used to tell by fellow passenger that in the event of an accident only your seat belt will save you, you can always buy another car but not another life...how true...BTW the tires went that way after the crash they are fairly new. any ways who cares

Last edited by pramodkumar : 29th December 2008 at 17:47.
Old 29th December 2008, 17:54   #30
BHPian

Hey Pramod,

Glad to know you got away unhurt.

The car looks a complete wreck

Vijay

Most Viewed