Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2005, 14:09   #1
BHPian

Me Vs Porsche Vs Accord V6

It was sunday morning. was about 4.30 i guess. Dont ask me why i didnt turn up for the meet... i was stuck in hebbal. I was working on a Dodge ram truck till 2 in the night!!! not the real one but a RC one. it was my neighbour's kid's. he got it from dubai and didnt know that it had to be assembled. everything was in pieces and i started off at 8 and before i knew it was 11. so decided to skip the meet.

well getting back to the topic i was in my Fiat Uno going towards Mekhri Cirlce. Just as i was approaching the road adjacent to the race course. I turned right into that road at 40kmph with the tyres squealing (well i got 145/80 tyres on my car what else do you expect??)

i had hardly covered some 100 metres when i saw a cabrio burning the tarmac on the opposite side. one look at it and it was beyond doubt that it was a Porsche. But heck no it was not alone. It was followed by a Accord (a V6 as i later found out).

I followed it in my rear view mirror and saw it slow down and try to make a U-turn. But he didnt manage to turn it cleanly and had to reverse. But since the accord was close behind there was a slight bungle.

I thought heck what other chance would i get . So i downshifted and pressed the accelerator all the way down and tore away from the porsche and blew dust on the driver's face???

naaah. I did what any sane person would have done. Accelerate i did but only for about some distance. I pulled the car to the extreme left on a straight strech, left the hazard lamps and parking lamps on and climbed on the pavement. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... there it was. I could hear the growl and an instant later whoooooooosh it passed by me. must have been doing atleast 150 kmph i guess. the accord was not bad either.

wow what a feeling it was. the cars did make a u-turn at the other end but i think they went inside the parking lot of the star hotel there.

that morning when i went to sleep and closed my eyes all i could see was a blur of a car that sounded sooooooo sweeeeet. all in all a wonderful day.

Last edited by Harrie : 18th April 2005 at 14:13. Reason: spell check
Old 18th April 2005, 14:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Unmistakably a Porsche. Which is why my sig is what it is. Any idea which one was it? A 996? Carrera Cabrio? Turbo Cabrio? Could it be an older-gen Porsche?

Uh Oh, I just realised, all you remembered was a blur. Damn.
Old 18th April 2005, 14:31   #3
BHPian

i recognized it as a porsche from the front headlamps and the shape only. while it passed me on the opposite lane it was doing maybe 80-90 only as there was a junction in front of him.

but when he passed me while i was standin out... man it was un-believable. as he passed my uno, the car shook like a boat shaking in the water. no words to express it. but IMHO he was going way too fast maybe it felt like 80kmph in the porsche.
Old 18th April 2005, 17:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

what colour was it? silver? and the accord?
Old 18th April 2005, 18:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
the car shook like a boat shaking in the water. no words to express it.
had a similar experence with a ferrari F50

I think hes in his first gear or second at 90kmph, car seemed very loud, I mean real loud. I was coming from college and everything was real smoooth till then I hear a loud hummin voice, the car seemed vibrating so I stopped the A/C, moved my door glass down but everything seemed fine with the car but loud hum getting louder and louder. well then saw a red f50 on the last lane, man wonder how these guys drive with such sound. then he changed the gear and I couldnt see him. this whole scene is at 90miles per hr speed.
Old 18th April 2005, 21:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
one look at it and it was beyond doubt that it was a Porsche.
What colour was it? Must be Shankar, the Solar Automobiles guy. Or is it one from the BPL collection.
Old 18th April 2005, 23:25   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
had a similar experence with a ferrari F50

I think hes in his first gear or second at 90kmph, car seemed very loud, I mean real loud. I was coming from college and everything was real smoooth till then I hear a loud hummin voice, the car seemed vibrating so I stopped the A/C, moved my door glass down but everything seemed fine with the car but loud hum getting louder and louder. well then saw a red f50 on the last lane, man wonder how these guys drive with such sound. then he changed the gear and I couldnt see him. this whole scene is at 90miles per hr speed.

Where was this man, surely the sound must have been awesome.
Old 18th April 2005, 23:38   #8
BANNED

sound's very intresting..porshe vs accord..we missed it..we passed by that way around 12:30...should have stayed for sometime more..could have seen the action.
Old 19th April 2005, 00:37   #9
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
Where was this man, surely the sound must have been awesome.
Does sound like US.

Vulken,

Have you by any chance done auto engg in US? Which univ ?

PS: nice logo
Old 19th April 2005, 08:45   #10
BHPian

Ice i have no idea what color it was. There were these sodium vapur lamps and the car was looking oragish bcas of that. so i guess it must have been silver. ditto with the accord. the accord was some dark color but could have been black or dark blue???

The porsche went past with a growl while the accord was really quite. just a whooosh.
Old 19th April 2005, 09:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

hehe a silver porsche...seen it get beaten before by some indian car...guy lost his mind and almost totalled the porsche!!
Old 19th April 2005, 09:49   #12
BHPian

indian car? which one? the accord was like following the porche sort of. they didnt seem to be racing one another. the accord v6 is available only in automatic right? but he was still able to keep up with the porsche
Old 19th April 2005, 09:55   #13
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
hehe a silver porsche...seen it get beaten before by some indian car...guy lost his mind and almost totalled the porsche!!
yes now i remember this porsche ICE it was easily beaten by a indian car in ACI speed run last years

he he he

the silver porsche its a very old model
Old 19th April 2005, 09:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

no scarlet you are mistaken we are talking about the brand new cabrio...911 driven by a mad man.
ok will tell you all i hammered him on a saturday night outside le meridian. thats why i had my signature gloating the victory for some time
he could not handle it and came back to show off his car where he lost it into a slide and almost landed in the golf course.
reckless maniac who drives that car. seen him go through intersections without slowing down and doing crazy speeds on saturday nights.
law of averages is gonna be with him very soon
Old 19th April 2005, 10:00   #15
BHPian

was it the newer one? bcas i am sure this one of the newer models. looked more like a boxster. its not the old 944 of the sort leela has i am sure.

oooops ICE you beat me to it. any way another feather to your and your baby's cap

Last edited by Harrie : 19th April 2005 at 10:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks