Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2009, 13:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrut View Post
My sympathies with you bro, And yes I have to agree, the MUV's are are major PIA , they have the Ive a big car so you get off the road mentality , and since most of these vehicles seem to be yellow plates they just dont care how they drive them.
Yellow plates are the biggest culprits and they are the easiest to hit back also. Just break off their mirror or some part from their cabs, watch them squeal in agony since it comes rite out of their pockets...
Old 26th January 2009, 14:06   #17
BHPian

When you see a MUV /SUV doing such a thing, just speed ahead of them, slow down and force them to do so, start your parking lights and go for a cleaning of your windscreens!
Nothing in their life will annoy them more than this
Old 26th January 2009, 14:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear abt the accident. Thank God she's allright though. Can totally understand how you feel about it. Drivers must learn to be more responsible and careful towards fellow road users, especially pedestrians and two wheelers, simply because they are much more vulnerable to serious injuries in case of accidents.
Old 26th January 2009, 14:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Lionheart sympathise with you as that can happen to anyone of us.Yes after the Tata trucks on the highways I am sure these SUV guys are the self crowned KING OF THE ROADS and we all their subjects. I too drive and have driven many but I do not play such dangerous pranks risking the life and limbs of fellow road users.
At the same time if you do not lodge a police complaint, you are setting a dangerous precedent. All such cases must be booked so that we move towards safer roads. That may be a distant dream, but each one of us have a role to play. And needless to say we must play it well.
So please book that guy for rash driving and causing grevious hurt.Other Sections of the MV Act will follow and the policemen are experts to frame charges invoking at least four or more Sections.
Old 27th January 2009, 00:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

bro i wish the lady is well. A few days back saw a safari take a left totally ignoring a couple of ladies on their left, on a scooter taking the same left too. The girls fell and the guys in the safari just ignored it and moved on. Sickening, the way some people behave.
Old 27th January 2009, 15:06   #21
BANNED

Well some one has to teach them a lesson, else they are made to feel that it is ok
Old 27th January 2009, 15:32   #22
BHPian

First, it's good that the lady is fine and wish her a speedy recovery. While I agree with you 100% on the attitude these MUVs have in reality, I wish you had pressed charges on the driver. I feel that someone has to really take them on and make them understand that they need to respect everyone on the road, irrespective of what the others are driving.
Old 28th January 2009, 13:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
One thing atleast I do while driving is whenever I see these morons driving rashly in big vehicles, most of the times, I try not to give way to them. I know they will hurl choicest abuses..but atleast myself, my car will be safe and probably others on road too.
I realized sometime back that this is not a safe thing to do mate. There was this Safari that I wasn't able to give side and the driver started hitting my car from behind with the massive bull bar his car had. I didn't stop cause I saw atleast 2 hefty looking village punks sitting in the front (you know what kinds I mean), rather just drove the hell off that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
IMO, most of these guys might be from villages who might have got rich overnight by selling their lands and they care a hoot to the traffic and people moving on roads.
You are absolutely correct. That's the case 90% of the times.

Most Viewed