Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 09:44   #1
BHPian

A Really Bad Experience

Hi Bhpians,

Yesterday something happened that really pained as well as angered me.
My better half was traveling to her home after meeting me. She was on the slow lane since she was on her bike. Suddenly a Scorpio speeded up behind her and came parallel to her.
Now this area is kind of an Uphill plus there is a parallel parking on the right side of the road (THE GREAT INDIAN TRAFFIC PLANNING) so there is zero visibility of the oncoming Traffic as well as a narrow road.
The Scorpio swerved left!!! (instead of braking) to avoid an oncoming car and hit my girl. she fell and rolled thrice. The bike was damaged and she fainted.
By God's Grace, since she was wearing a helmet there was no major injury except bruises and a deep gash.
The driver tried to run away but was caught. The crowd wanted a case against him but my girl is more of the 'don't like to put anyone in a weird situation thingy' and actually a very very nice human being and plus the driver was a young guy so she LET HIM GO without asking anything.
What saddens me is that i was not there to help her.
what angers me is that what is with these so called "Big Car Owners"??
I have nearly a dozen close calls with scorpios, dicors, sumos.
comparatively no problem with the CRVs, Vitaras or even a Cayenne.
its like i am big so give way. some kind of inferiority complex if you ask me.
same goes for guys who put those bright blue lights in full beam (something about blind the other driver!!!!) or fogs too.
sorry guys, i am not exactly in a mood for conversation just babbling and ranting but am sure you would understand.

Rgrds

Lnhrt
Old 31st December 2008, 10:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Lionheart

I think most of us here would understand exactly where you are coming up.

Our sympathies are with you.
Old 31st December 2008, 10:53   #3
BHPian

Lionheart, this happens everyday here in Bangalore. Its high time car dealers give driving (rather common sense) lessons to BIG car buyers. Some guys don't know what the brakes are for. They always try to get away with steering flicks. These MORONS don't know that God gave BRAKES and BRAINS for us to use.

Hope she is recovering well.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:11   #4
BHPian

LnHrt, Hope everythink OK now..These things happening in all cities by the so called big car's.
100% agree with you reg. usage of Xenon lamps. I dont know why people are using and what is the need of this in indian road conditions. (If its due to climatic conditions, Go for a fog lamp)
Other thing is change the position of VCD monitors to drivers rear side(Nowadays common scene among indian roads is that watching movies while driving)
Improper usage of dimmer and unwanted left side overtaking
Traffic police is not interested on charging for these irresponsible behaviours.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:03   #5
BHPian

if that would have been my girl and i would have been there, definately i could have tought the big car driver, "how to drive".
I am sure you would have done the same but dude , please ask her to register a case at least in future if god forbid anything happens.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:14   #6
BHPian

lionheart i can understand your agony and pain and its something which cannot be described in words. First of all its good to hear that your wife escaped with minor injuries. Secondly i feel that the driver should have been punished. Now the guy must be thinking that he can run around unaffected. Punishment is given so that you can bring about forced behavioral changes, and he needs one.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:29   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

If she has managed to note down the number of the scorpio, you can still file a complaint if you want to.
Old 31st December 2008, 13:13   #8
BHPian

Lionheart

I am sure everybody sympathises over the accident and I can only possibly imagine the pain and anger you would go through.

All said and done all mistakes need to be punished, for the simple reason it is not done again. I would urge you to kindly register a complaint with the local police station of the incident and have action taken. This might put the kid driving (any car for that matter) at a second thought next time he tries to do anything like this again.

You can convince your gf by pointing out that somebody else might not have to roll on the road, atleast because of the same kid.

take care.
Old 31st December 2008, 13:31   #9
BHPian

Thanks

hi guys,

thanks for your well wishes.
She does not want it so i have to go ahead with her decision.
I have nothing against "big car" or "small car"s. its just that SUV owners kinda drive rash. Any idea why??
SUV owners in Team-Bhp can give more input, moi opinion

Rgrds

Lnhrt

(small clarification, she is still my girl and we are getting married mostly next year)
Old 31st December 2008, 15:10   #10
BHPian

I agree with you specially when you talk about Scorpio guys, they drive in high beam always, and very rash...atleast here in pune.
Old 31st December 2008, 15:41   #11
BHPian

yes most of the scorpios i've seen on roads are rashly driven, fast and unwanted cuts. Even safari is not that notorious. Btw just a small confession...it brings me a great joy when i outdrag these scorpios on expressways
Old 31st December 2008, 19:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yes, but in case of my city anyone in car behaves as it he/she were gifted the road on their birthday. Literally I feel so frustrated that I have stopped traveling much in city. I avoid it.

Those SUV are surely driven in a rash manner. So much so that it puts others life in danger. The drivers behind those SUVs dont even know how to reverse.
Next time, all those who have to be on two wheelers can do is, stay more cautious.

PS : I dont want to offend anyone. Its just my experience.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 31st December 2008 at 19:16.
Old 31st December 2008, 21:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree and have experienced rash driving by most of those 'MUV's.

Also, many are cabs and are driven by drivers and they dont care who's coming, they just take the wrong way to overtake with high beams always, making the other drivers virtually blind.

Once, on my way back from office at around 12 in the night, A car came speeding from the opposite side and stopped for me to leave, as he wanted to go to the other side of the road. The car was facing me and on high beams. I stopped my car right in front of this car and remained seated. It turned out to be a Sumo (Cab) and the driver came out and started yelling as to whether I am blind. I told him he is exactly right. That his high beams made me blind and the only thing I could see was his beams and so I came and stopped right there. He dint say anything and left.

But I am sure such things are not gonna teach them anything and they will continue with their poor driving sense.
My wife always keeps telling me to avoid any arguments with such guys saying 'Their parents couldn't teach them anything, how can we'. I find it very correct.
Old 31st December 2008, 22:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to note what has transpired good that nothing has happened to your fiance (just bruises). Good that no vehicles was coming behind her otherwise, it would have very fatal. Thank god for this.

One thing atleast I do while driving is whenever I see these morons driving rashly in big vehicles, most of the times, I try not to give way to them. I know they will hurl choicest abuses..but atleast myself, my car will be safe and probably others on road too.

IMO, most of these guys might be from villages who might have got rich overnight by selling their lands and they care a hoot to the traffic and people moving on roads.
Old 26th January 2009, 11:32   #15
BHPian

My sympathies with you bro, And yes I have to agree, the MUV's are are major PIA , they have the Ive a big car so you get off the road mentality , and since most of these vehicles seem to be yellow plates they just dont care how they drive them.

Most Viewed