Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 23:06   #106
BHPian

News in The Hindu: Bandipur: court refuses to reconsider decision
The ban is going to continue for some time.
I liked the bench's statment.
"The Bench refused to reconsider its decision and orally pointed out that while human beings could devise an alternative for any problem they faced, animals could not"

Last edited by thalavoy : 5th November 2009 at 23:07.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:21   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
News in The Hindu: Bandipur: court refuses to reconsider decision
The ban is going to continue for some time.
I liked the bench's statment.
"The Bench refused to reconsider its decision and orally pointed out that while human beings could devise an alternative for any problem they faced, animals could not"
+1, The statement is spot on. I have always said this 'When the wildife are forced to make compromises, why can't we??'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post

One reality that we should know from a civilian perspective is that , once even Bangalore was known as a Bendhakalooru and probably the greenary would have been much more lush than what we have now . We developed and caused a huge loss to wildlife and nature , even now the existing trees and the parks are getting destroyed for the 'Namma Metro ' .
No ban is done to that ?? they can have a underground rail ??
If at all the government heeded the wise words of experts before going starting on any project, imagine how our country would have been??

Quote:
I know its Off - topic ..But mentioned here as Mankind and its development-was / is / and will be a threat to nature and its natural beings .. the more we get civilized the more we destroy nature .
Development as it is now, was/is & will be a threat to nature. If the development is done keeping all parts of the cycle in mind, I don't see why we can reduce the impact on nature.

Quote:
We should rectify a problem from its root , not some superficial political steps to make sure that some section of this 'Pyramid ' is happy ..
Well, if the ban is lifted, it will make only 'your' section of the 'Pyramid' happy, what about other sections mainly, the 'wildlife' section??
Old 12th November 2009, 10:48   #108
BHPian

I think that I have probably tried to put my views across , quite logically on why the ban is in-effective , and what should have been done / what can be done even now so as to conserve the wildlife ..

If we all resign to the statement that ' Government/officials has never taken steps after hearing from a Scientific / statistical report , in the past nor can we expect in future ' , then its sure that none of want our government/ officials to start thinking logically .

I wished at least the Wildlife section is happy due to the ban !!

Also its quite interesting to see the members of the division bench

cheers
Old 12th November 2009, 11:00   #109
Senior - BHPian

Just a week back we had gone to bandipur (jungle lodges) and the ban is from 9pm to 6am. But some vehicles give some tips to the guys and upto 9.30pm they allow to travel and after that it is strict NO-NO. So plan accordingly to reach the gate.
Old 29th April 2011, 01:13   #110

Re: Highway through bandipur and MooleHole : Closed now for night traffic

Though I wholeheartedly agree that wildlife conservation is important, and that idiotic drivers on this stretch have made a nuisance out of the whole thing, I have an additional perspective to share here.

I was stuck in this forest in the middle of the night around a year back. Was returning from Cochin and thought of taking the route via the jungles instead of the standard NH47-NH7 route. Was allowed to go through Mudumalai (TN), but was stopped on the KA border. No amount of pleading would make the guard budge, so settled down for a night in the car in the middle of the forest, next to the checkpoint. In the morning at 6 AM, a long line of vehicles had formed - buses, private cars, trucks, etc. etc. As soon as the gate was opened, there was a mad rush of vehicles. All of them trying to race each other, and ripping at high speeds in Bandipur. And of course, vehicles from the opposite side came over too. In general, with the loud engine noise, blaring horns, and general chaos, I wouldn't be surprised if all the animals within a 2 km radius fainted out of fright.

I somehow feel that the purpose of this closure is lost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks