Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2005, 14:02   #16
BHPian

yeah it was my mistake will never drive again without a license now will wait for a year for my license this year will turn 17 and next yr will get license anyways sorry guys
Old 19th April 2005, 14:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
will wait for a year for my license this year will turn 17 and next yr will get license anyways sorry guys
Kooldude, good to see that you've taken steps in the right direction. Of course, we do see lots of under-aged people driving, but that doesnt mean we have to do the same thing. It's not to say that license holders can drive perfectly; with the kind of driving tests that happen nowadays, everyone knows how pathetic the whole system is. But then again, you'll always be on the safer side if you have a valid license. So take care. Just a year more of waiting right? It'll be really worth it.

And yes, in case you were wondering, I never got to drive any vehicle till I turned 18.

Manti.
Old 19th April 2005, 15:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good to know you have learnt your lesson kooldude. Having a license always will keep you on the safe side in case of an accident caused or not caused by you. The incident you had , just imagine if the cops caught you without a license, even though you would not be at fault the cop would have rounded you up. So now never drive without your permit.

kooldude's expereince is also for all the other under aged members on the forum . Please do not drive without a license. You may be a good driver but if you have no license you've had it. It will land you into deep trouble.

Drive safe team

Dippy
Dippy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2005, 15:55   #19
BANNED

Kooldude you're damn lucky cops were not involved. They would have seen a nice, underage bakra from a good family like you and looted you for sure. Also, don't think its so easy to take a truck/tempo driver's keys and beat him up, especially if you're just 17-18. Those guys can beat the crap out of you.
Old 19th April 2005, 16:06   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
if i would have a license i would have whacked him there and taken his keys and straight away done a nc against him i couldnt do anything as i m still 16
Apart from the underage driving and lack of license, the above sentence really intrigued me. It is that easy is it? Beating up somebody and ride away into the sunset. Next thing you know the titles will start rolling.

Unlike in a movie the fights in real life doesn't end with "The End" frame. Every fight has consequence, if you beat up somebody, you can expect his reprisal, and he won't come back alone. Once a 16 years old kid in my housing complex hit a lawn care person (maali) just because the maali protested their football game on the lawn. Next day the maali showed up with 25-30 of his folks baying for the kid's blood. It took a lot of diplomacy from some adults to rescue that kid from the thrashing he deserved.

Apart from that, it is very rare for someone to walk away from a fight unhurt. As a practicing martial artist in a full contact style, I routinely fight in the Dojo under instructor supervision and strict rules. Still we all get injured very often. It is very rare to walk out of the Kumite (fight) completely unhurt. I remember GTO mentioning similar experience sometime back.
Old 19th April 2005, 16:20   #21
BHPian

kool dude

good that you have realised drving without a valid license is not a good thing to do and in walk of life ther eis a right time for everything. so wait for a year and then enjoy the pelasures of driving.

even i learnt driving when i was 17 and half but never took it on streets until i was 18 & only when i got my learner's. till then it was only first & second gears in the alley of my building.

coz with driving always comes a responsibility towards urself, and the society on the whole.

good to see u take all the posts in good spirit.

shubbhi
Old 19th April 2005, 17:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

I dont blame you for the accident, but, i do blame you for being behind the wheel... like others said, its still too young for you to drive... wait for another couple of years, then, get back to driving.... the wait is hard, i understand, but, its a lot safer, it legal and you can be a lot more calm on the road without having one eye fixed on looking for cops.
Drive safe...
Old 19th April 2005, 19:29   #23
BHPian

Hey Kool Dude, Kool your heels. Driving on public roads require a certain maturity, which I doubt comes even at a higher age of 21!!!!

I have doubts about my own, and most people's, maturity at 30+ given the road rage and related nonsense that we see on the road these days!!!

A vehicle is a mode of transport, not a weapon/ means to display of power. And just because you have a fast vehicle does not mean that you can break speed limits and go around beating up/ crashing into people

i learnt to drive at 16+ but did not venture out on public roads till 18+. There was an unfortunate incident in the family at that time, which showed us the light.

for my son, who im sure is going to grow up to be a car freak, i will get him video games, or whatever else is the next closest thing, till he turns 18, or whatever is the legal driving age at that time
Old 19th April 2005, 20:00   #24
BHPian

if i would have a license i would have whacked him there and taken his keys and straight away done a nc against him i couldnt do anything as i m still 16[/quote]

This is the exact thing why underage driving is dangerous. Fights do not lead to solutions. It is good to hear that you got on the better side this time, but it may not be ur lucky day everytime.

Well, this is a good example for all underage drivers. KoolDude, its good to see that you took this sportingly. It is a priviledge for everyone here to have a such a huge resource of experienced people.
Old 19th April 2005, 21:30   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
Fights do not lead to solutions.
Very good point there. All of us come from cultured and educated families. Fighting on the roads is best left to gundas and mawaalis .

Kooldude, take this as a lesson. You're lucky to get away without police intervention. That would have landed you in a real mess. Unless you have a valid driving licence, no BHPian is going to support your actions.
Old 19th April 2005, 22:47   #26
BANNED

this is the worst accident i have witnessed.this took place near jakkur flying club past the railway crossing in bangalore.on the day before speedrun 2005.there were two guys and a girl in the car..they were like 18 or so..the car was'nt theirs ..it was borrowed from a friend.it was around 2 am they were drunk and hit an oncomming truck.all the three died on spot.the owner of the car just knows his friend and the other two does nt have any identity..the other guys's and girl's body was lying in the hospital for days...their parents did nt get to know of this incident till one week..just think how horrible the situation is...
look at those pics..you cant even distinguish the engine..compleatly smashed..

http://img241.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf02211ta.jpg

http://img218.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf02232cy.jpg
Old 19th April 2005, 23:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Those pictures are really scary. There is nothing left of that car. I guess the car is a Santro. Reminds of the bad accident here in Mumbai at Worli Seaface where a Ford Ikon was spilt into two. That too was a case of underage driving . The car was flicked by the guy without his parents knowing. He let his friend who was 16 drive and thay had a bad impact at 120 kph. The driver of the car died while the other three were seriously injured.

Dippy
Old 19th April 2005, 23:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey guys i know i was wrong so i put this thread i know it was really my bad luck this accident had happened i wasnt even driving rashly i was just waiting in the signal u guys tell me if u r car is still and some1 comes and hits u hard is it ur fault
all i can say at this - read rudra's signature and try and understand whats written as Ice said !

good to know u agree u were wrong but then why do a wrong thing knowingly ??

hope ur parents dont allow you anywhere near the vehicle !

grow up , get a license and drive !
Old 20th April 2005, 01:21   #29
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah it was my mistake will never drive again without a license now will wait for a year for my license this year will turn 17 and next yr will get license anyways sorry guys
Whether you REALLY don't drive till 18 is something you only know. However, I do appreciate the spirit.

PS : This statement looks more out of disgust to me rather than a sincere one. Nothing personal.
Old 20th April 2005, 01:45   #30
BHPian

wont say much. you have learnt your lesson kooldude. good for you.
by the way, i always pleaded for a fake liscense to my parents since i was 15. but they never allowed me. only 2-3 months prior to my 18th birthday, i started driving on lokhandwala backroad with my dad or cousin. & now, i feel very happy that im actually a "legal liscence" holder rather than a fake one
so dont rush... wait till you'r 18. you will have a special feeling when you drive after the wait. I CAN BET ON IT!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks