Team-BHP - Scratched my wagonr !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Scratched my wagonr ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/52215-scratched-my-wagonr.html)

today morning, got my wagonr (ocen blue coloured) scratched sideways along with some dents.
the big scratch starts from lower part of front door and continues upto the end of rear door. its clearly visible and the cut is deep as i can see the white body part.

i want to know how to get this fixed and how much will it cost.
should i go to MASS( bimal in my case)?
i had read on this forum that someone nearby banashankari does a very good job at this. i dont have the exact details. should i try this?

Chetan, since the 'white' part is visible, the scratch has gone upto the metal. Get it attended to immediately or it's likely to rust.

Would also suggest you go to MASS if yours is a metallic paintjob. They will match the shade perfectly.

White color is that of the primer and not of the metal. Metal would be silver color. MASS would charge you at least 5K Rs. for Tinkering and repainting. You can also get Spray paint from Com-Paint and paint it yourself. It is a convenient DIY paint. I use it for all my scratches that happen once in a while in this Bangalore traffic.

I think 5K is very less.They may go up to 10K plus as they say 100ml/750 bucks. It depends upon the color along with metallic/non metallic.Try Sai Colorium located in JP Nagar. Looks good. yet to give my vehicle but feedback in this forum is good. Otherwise try com paint is dents are less and you can live with it :)

good thing to know that the scratch is not upto the base metal.
i am still now sure whether to go for insurance claim thru MASS or get it done locally.

DieselFan,

could you let me know where to buy this spray paint and how much does it cost ?

Guys,
please note that my wagonr is a year old, bought in august 2007.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetans (Post 1137680)
could you let me know where to buy this spray paint and how much does it cost ?

Youc an start reading from this page and then buy from com-paint

Dadu, thats a good link.Thanks!!

Surya/Chetans it needs lot of practice and tries before you get good fnish.:) HAPPY Painting
Do let us know the review if you do it

MASS would charge you minimum 20K if you don't claim insurance.

My neighbour owns a silky silver wagon r, had a similar kind of scratch on both his left doors which extended from first to second door till the bumper. His front left door was deeply wounded, the inside metal was visible and posed a security threat for the car, as the locking knobs was easily accessible. I had suggested him RNS (Yeswantpur) for the repainting job.

They did a very good job and the color match was perfect (looked as good as new, couldn't differentiate at all!). Incidentally they claimed insurance as the total bill of re-painting 2 doors + rear bumber + fixing the front door came to 18K. Insurance covered almost everything, they paid Rs. 1000 from their pocket only.

Incidentally, today my wagon r got a similar scratch in the morning, but was restricted to one door only! :Frustrati

went thru the links given by dadu and i can conclude that this DIY is not for lazy guy like me!
i would prefer to get it done thru MASS and use the insurance option.

planning to go to bimal and get a quote on this.