Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:38   #16
BHPian

I remember that happened in my neighbourhood. There are Tata Sherwoord apartments where people park their cars on a deserted road outside the aparment buildings. I normally walk my dog on that road. That morning I saw a gathering and police. The owner had called the police after he found his car's tyres missing from the side that is not towards the road. The road is normally in dark and would have been very easy for the thieves to steal from that car. Apparently I was not surprised because the other night I was wondering how could people leave their cars half a kilometer away from where they live as the road is very deserted at night and I have seen miscreants on that road parking their cars and drinking in their cars.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:42   #17
BHPian

Today morning, the front left wheel of my friends Indica was missing. They had left the vehicle on jack. Lucky, they spared the wheels of my Safari which was parked next to Indica. I cant take chances any more. Will go hunting for lock nuts today evening.
Old 11th November 2009, 13:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

holyghost very sad , which area ?
Old 11th November 2009, 14:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Today morning, the front left wheel of my friends Indica was missing. They had left the vehicle on jack. Lucky, they spared the wheels of my Safari which was parked next to Indica. I cant take chances any more. Will go hunting for lock nuts today evening.
I think it is more to do with deserted roads, and mass market products. Even if they steal Safari's wheels, it may not get sold easily. So, it makes sense for the thieves to steal a product that moves fast.

And then the usual thought that Safari owners are not to be messed with.

I dont understand why companies cant make this anti theft lock nut standard..

Nainar
Old 11th November 2009, 16:30   #20
BANNED

There is a pattern i see. Tata Indica's being targetted. Most cabs in the city are Tata Indica's.
Old 11th November 2009, 16:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

My co-brother recently lost the spare wheel from his Bolero which was mounted at the back. This was in Thyagaraj Nagar near VV Puram area. He has now got a modification job done on one of the bolts which enables him to lock it.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ Blur
Quote:
Another question. Since they do the whole lift while keeping a stone underneath the car, doesn't it damage the underside in any way?
You might try leaving a note asking the burglar to use a jack and spare damage to the underbody .
Old 11th November 2009, 19:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Tyre theft is common all over India. I know it happens in Kolkata, now in Bangalore.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:04   #24
BHPian

What is the Wheel nut size for Safari with OEM alloys? I couldn't get anti-theft nuts anywhere in Bangalore. I've to ship it from US.

I have ordered one set for Indica. Cost: $26. Size: 12Mx1.50 (thread length 1").
Need advice for the correct nut size for Safari so that I can order them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
holyghost very sad , which area ?
This happened at Ex-ServiceMen Colony, RT Nagar

Last edited by Holyghost : 17th November 2009 at 15:06.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:07   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this is really bad news.

i guess all of us have to be watchful and careful - there is far too much lawlessness around these days in Bangalore.
Old 26th November 2010, 18:20   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Wheel stealing is back!

This happened last night right in front of my house.Three wheels of my neighbors' sumo were stolen.They placed 2 stones under the wheels and one jack under the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheels & Tyres being STOLEN!-img_6893.jpg  

Wheels & Tyres being STOLEN!-img_6898.jpg  

Wheels & Tyres being STOLEN!-img_6902.jpg  

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 26th November 2010 at 18:21.
Old 26th November 2010, 21:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
This happened last night right in front of my house.Three wheels of my neighbors' sumo were stolen.They placed 2 stones under the wheels and one jack under the chassis.
The probably did not steal the front left wheel as it was facing a gate which was too dangerous in case someone notices them.
Old 28th November 2010, 22:44   #28
BHPian

Today I have come across this on TV9 English channel. They were showing couple of Autorick's in Kumarasamy layout found wheels missing
Old 28th November 2010, 23:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

I have a solution to this which I had to find after I get alloys and Michelins in my Swift. They attracted some attention so I thought might as well take some precaution.

Turned the motion sensor of the Alarm in the swift to Full. With this, when the rear view mirror is opened or closed, the car is shook a little, some people lean on the car etc gives a warning hoot, Still if they dont budge, another warning hoot, third time..it goes all out.

So just to experiment what would happen to the alarm if i jacked up the car while the alarm was on and Voila, the alarm start giving hoots on hoots in turn making the wheels unstealable. Try it out guys

Cheers
Old 29th November 2010, 06:59   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
guys look the at the tiny sumo brakes.. no wonder why these car meet with a lot of accidents... ratan tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks