Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:38   #16
BHPian

i can imagine your plight , since i hav been thru the same . first of all some basics on claim;
a) Painting job / labor charges are 100% paid by insurance co.
b) Plastic / Glass - 50 % payable
c) cost of any metal replacement - depending on the age of your car the depreciated value is calculated on replacement .
d) Rs.500 as claim processing charges to be borne you .

I think the cost is reasonable for bumper , since for my getz it cost 2800 for Body color and your is a C segment Car , also chk if the bumper can be fitted with some minor work since most damages appears on the quarter panel .
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Go to Suraksha motors or to Sai colorium. Your SX4 can be completely painted for 17k by Sai (not counting denting and sundry charges).

Also, how new is your car ? That would mean if you change panels, you'll have less or more depreciation to pay out of your pocket. In general, I don't see the need to replace anything other than bumper (which can also be tinkered instead of replacing) and tail lamp - everything else can be dented and painted. Its upto you ofcourse, whether you want to replace. I am not sure how the rear-quarter panel will be replaced on the SX4 (is it a separate panel, or will they have to cut it out from the body, and weld a replacement ?)

Last edited by lancer_rit : 22nd January 2009 at 13:56.
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Go to Suraksha motors or to Sai colorium. Your SX4 can be completely painted for 17k by Sai (not counting denting and sundry charges).

Also, how new is your car ? That would mean if you change panels, you'll have less or more depreciation to pay out of your pocket. In general, I don't see the need to replace anything other than bumper (which can also be tinkered instead of replacing) and tail lamp - everything else can be dented and painted. Its upto you ofcourse, whether you want to replace. I am not sure how the rear-quarter panel will be replaced on the SX4 (is it a separate panel, or will they have to cut it out from the body, and weld a replacement ?)
I second this, goto Suraksha or Sai colorium
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:26   #19
BHPian

I had to get the rear bumper of my SX4 replaced after an indica rear ended me. The bumper cost about 3000 and the total bill came to about 9k. Insurance paid almost 7k and 2k went from my pocket. This was because 50% of the cost of the plastic parts is paid by the insurance companies!
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:53   #20
BHPian

Looks like I was not the only SX4 to get rear ended. I was rear ended by a Maruti van and had to contend with a ripped rear bumper and badly dented boot lid. It cost me Rs 9419 for a new bumper, dent removal and full boot lid painting at the dealer's service center.
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your inputs but work has already started at the MASS. My car is just over a year old now. The quarter panel cannot be dented out because it will leave an uneven surface. About whether it is a separate panel, I'm not sure, maybe a better qualified person can answer that.

Most of the answers I have received are reassuring in that the quotes match the numbers all of you are mentioning. Thank you everyone.
Old 26th January 2009, 01:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluu View Post
Thanks for your inputs but work has already started at the MASS. My car is just over a year old now. The quarter panel cannot be dented out because it will leave an uneven surface. About whether it is a separate panel, I'm not sure, maybe a better qualified person can answer that.

Most of the answers I have received are reassuring in that the quotes match the numbers all of you are mentioning. Thank you everyone.
Well, best wishes for a good job on your car @ MASS, and hope you get the car back as new. Since your car is about a year old, no problems with insurance not paying most of the damages. So, you can chill out on the moolah front and take advantage of the best repair.
Wrt, the damage not getting dented out, I can safely say it sure can and a good shop will get it back as new. Here's a link to my own thread on my car's damage
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ide-hotel.html

For similar damage, I paid less than 8K, which didn't include replacing the bumper / stitching for repair.

BTW, please post some pictures post repair...
Cheers,

Last edited by lancer_rit : 26th January 2009 at 01:39.
Old 26th January 2009, 13:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Well, best wishes for a good job on your car @ MASS, and hope you get the car back as new. BTW, please post some pictures post repair...
Cheers,
Thanks lancer_rit! Will post a photo on wed hopefully!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks