Team-BHP - Suzuki Baleno GLX?????
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Suzuki Baleno GLX????? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/52547-suzuki-baleno-glx.html)

Spotted this car recently on my way to Ludhiana
apart from regular esteem differences were
Suzuki badges all round,antenna on right side of boot,different front bumper with extra parking lights above turn indicators
any leads as to how it might have got into india and any other differences from a normal esteem?
kindly excuse for pic quality as it was taken from a car moving at a decent speed

It is just an esteem with different badges that is all. The Indian esteem used to be known as the Swift outside India. And the Indian Baleno was the Esteem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram_d (Post 1146616)
It is just an esteem with different badges that is all. The Indian esteem used to be known as the Swift outside India. And the Indian Baleno was the Esteem.

i dont think that its a regular esteem
no one would take pain to change badges to a baleno GLX
and a front bumper that looked different and antenna on a esteem is on left side

The antenna can be an aftermarket addition. The Esteem as we know it was not sold as the Baleno any where in the world.

What really surprises me is the old Suzuki badge in the center of the boot lid. Right now we have different badge for Suzuki, but the one on this car is from Zen ( original Zen, not Estilo ) era. Can be from some other country, as I doubt that the Indian Esteem will ever have that Suzuki badge on the center of boot lid. Even if it had a badge, it would be Maurti.

Thats a M-1000 without any doubt, with mods.

Hey just give me a break . Its just an ordinary Esteem probably the 99 model , why i am sure is because i have owned one for 2 years . sold it last july 2008 no jokes there are people who like to stick which ever logo they get in the scrap and fix it on their car . Its just each once liking ,that dose not make any car imported though .:):):)

I have seen a left hand drive Esteem in Bangalore and also an AWD variant.
Also FYI the Indian Baleno is sold as Esteem in a few markets (Pakistan) and vice versa.
It could very likely be an import.

The Indian esteem was not sold as baleno anywhere!

The AWD are aftermarket additions especially the one in bangalore.

The pic above is of an esteem/swift/1000. The "S" sticker can be bought and fixed anywhere. The RHS antenna is also possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 1146766)
The Indian esteem was not sold as baleno anywhere!

Absolutely. The baleno is sold as esteem, but not vice versa. Our esteem is known as the swift or cultus

If you really wanted to know what car is he driving should have honked and flashed your headlight exactly behind his bumper if he give s you a pass dont overtake repeat above procedure twice with longer flashes and honk s !! If he has a meaty engine you should have considered pasting it here !!!
Sorry dont do that man !!!
Regards
SAa jan

it also had a different bumper with extra lights
never seen such a mod in my life.
and may be its just one such caselol:

buddy where you saw the car says it all :D

lights are a normal mod