Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:00   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
no offense meant to anyone.

as per situation, stormchaser was chasing at 91 km / hour from hospital to his business place. so where is emergency? if he was driving to hospital, then it will be emergency but he was driving to his business place and that is not emergency.

as rto stopped him for over speeding, rto has done his duty.
Hi Ashish

Yes my dad recovered well, yes i was rushing from hospital to business place. The emergency was when you hear about something bad at home you will leave to your home leaving everything. once situation is stable you have to SURELY RUSH BACK to keep in tact of what all you have invested in business place. If you were in my situation i bet you will do the same. Or will you let everything go away.

Secondly RTO was really doing his duty. I will get my DL back on second week of FEB. He will be soon learning what all his duties are.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:24   #32
BANNED

@stormchaser - now that is cleared, if you have not yet got the DL back, time to put your foot down and ask for it to be delivered. Send in a request under RTI act.

Edit:- And yes, now that you have cleared it up, I do agree that suspending the DL for 91KMPH is a bit overdoing. Most people escape with mere fines for still higher speeds. My advice - put in an additional request in the application under the RTI - "How many DLs have been suspended for doing speeds above 91KM/hr?". I am sure that the guy will be begging at your feet seeking forgivenness.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 2nd February 2009 at 13:37.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Speed limits are (supposed to be) for specific stretches of roads. Unfortunately, every inch of road in Kerala is subject to the 70 KM/hr limit.
Unless other speed limits are imposed! There is a 100 to 150 m stretch near Cherthala Railway station which has a 60 kph limit. By the time you see the board and it registers, you would be past it. If there is an 'interceptor' in that area, the Keral Government (or the MVD officials) can make a lot of money.

Years back, I paid a fine of Rs 100 in the Cochin byepass when the MVD had the first trail of radars. I was doing 55kph. The justification was that it is under the Corporation limits and the speed of cars in corporation limits was 35kph.

Does the byepass (or any part of it) fall under the Cochin corporation limits?
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:16   #34
BANNED

Quote:
The justification was that it is under the Corporation limits and the speed of cars in corporation limits was 35kph.
Hmmm... wrong there. See link.

MVDKerala - Act and Rules
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

It is a scary though of permanant DL cut by authorities.what if such a case arise?Can the "victim" will be able to get his new DL by anyway?
--
the cops on a sunday few months back at kochi(Palarivattom) put a sticker(asking to come to police station edappilly) on my car which was parked parallel to the road with the car almost inside a private property(opp. st.martin's church approx).there was no traffic during that time.still?end up paying Rs100 fine.this seems like police is too much enforcing!the same way ,muvattupuzha-thodupuzha route also ,local/traffic/interceptor walas are ready on almost a daily manner :( .
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:19   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@stormchaser - now that is cleared, if you have not yet got the DL back, time to put your foot down and ask for it to be delivered. Send in a request under RTI act.
Lets see last saturday on my visit to palakkad RTO office they informed it will be ready in 2 days. i am visiting on 7th. let me see they are giving it back on 7th or not.
Old 9th February 2009, 12:18   #37
BHPian

Stormchaser, I am very confident that you can move legally against what you are going through with a good advocate, using the Rights to Information Act. I think its better you have a word with your legal representative regarding this.
Old 7th December 2011, 19:44   #38
h.k
BHPian

Traffic police who hides like thieves in Kerala

any one who visited kochi would come to understand how bad the private bus operators ride their bus, they honk horns, hit the side of the bus overtake another overtaking bus and when police remains ardent spectators.

today i saw a set of police men waiting in a turn which cannot be seen from a distance, and catching and fining all two wheeler riders for petty cases like
not wearing a helmet while u were going to buy milk.
or not carrying lisence while riding
not having insurance paper,
and wrongly written number plate.
since this catogary are not always correct there would be some other small default that would be there and these traffic police catch them and fine them, while bus drivers are left scot free.

what a disgrace to our police community.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks