Team-BHP - Snow in England
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Snow in England (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/52955-snow-england-2.html)

It's the same story at many places in Europe right now. This is the heaviest winter i have seen for a longtime and it takes ages to cleanup the windshields and get moving to work.
Winter tires are having no great effect, just because the tyres are turning completely slick. With Traction control going bonkers everytime the car tries to move forward and the car sliding outwards, it's been a stressful week.
How i wish i had FWD :Frustrati

sanjay, turn off traction control when you are trying to get out of a tricky situation and know how to handle it. turn it back on when u do moderate speeds.

Yup Vivek. That's pretty much what i do.

Even after quite a few years on snow, i can never really enjoy the drive.The fun part.. you can drift around in the car park.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona (Post 1165641)
It's the same story at many places in Europe right now. This is the heaviest winter i have seen for a longtime and it takes ages to cleanup the windshields and get moving to work.
Winter tires are having no great effect, just because the tyres are turning completely slick. With Traction control going bonkers everytime the car tries to move forward and the car sliding outwards, it's been a stressful week.
How i wish i had FWD :Frustrati

what car do you drive in which country. North American winters are a lot more harsh than Europe, but still Europeans are a lot more serious about preparing their rides. Very few people switch to winter tires here..prefer to just stick to all-seasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1166265)
what car do you drive in which country. North American winters are a lot more harsh than Europe, but still Europeans are a lot more serious about preparing their rides. Very few people switch to winter tires here..prefer to just stick to all-seasons.

Beemer Serie 5. I travel a lot in the Benelux region on work, and snowfall has been at a max this year. Winter tires are really not of much use, until the roads have been cleared atleast partially.Loading a couple of sandbags in my boot has helped a little..

No wonder the British are said to have a STIFF UPPER LIP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_limit (Post 1164694)
The snow situation was really bad down south. Though the A and B roads were in pretty bad shape.
Luckily I didn't have any problem with any of my cars and had to go to work (Sigh :))
Though the idea of going roof down in SL did cross my mind ;)

I had to go to work too - Thankfully the Subaru's AWD didnt pose any problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1168422)

I could help but laugh at that one :D

But its true the UK cannot handle the snow. Councils were running out of Road Grit and Airports were shutting down. I know we dont get that much snow, but they should still be able to cope with it. The rest of the world does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1168422)

And, it reminds me of an all-time favorite AC/DC song:)