Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 13:11   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
totllay i think i spent about 2.5 hours to reach my office(Bannergahtta rd) which i normally take about 45 mins.
I cover much less distance than you. Residency Road to Indiranagar takes 45 minutes every evening. Metro work is not moving only.

What was the special problem today?
Old 12th February 2009, 13:16   #17
BHPian

I don't know much about Bangalore, but if I have to drive for a such a long time everyday to reach my work, I would rather work from home :-)
Old 12th February 2009, 13:31   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Yup its about 19 Kms, couple of days back i returned from office pretty lat about 11pm and i took about 18-20mins to reach home. I wonder how much fuel would have been wasted... govenment should get responsible, i know am asking for too much
That's what makes it even more maddening. A distance that you can cover in 20 mins takes 2.5 hours.

I reckon in situations like this we need to be well equipped with a video game/food/drinks/sew a pillow cover etc to pass your time.

Another expensive option is to call everyone in your phone address book to keep yourself occupied.

I do that several times and that is a primary reason for a heavy phone bill. So i know when i get stuck in a traffic jam, apart from fuel wastage, i also brace myself for my next phone bill too.
Old 12th February 2009, 13:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Really ? What was the issue ?
Oh, yes, I remember seeing all those vehicles just sitting there as I rode past on the bike (cycle)
Hmmm, I guess thats why it took me a full 7 minutes extra over the usual 18 for the 7.5kms to work!

Seriously, it was pretty bad - in fact even Haralur road - the road leading to Kudlu from Sarjapura Road, was pretty jammed. Need to find an int pathernal to HSR layout from Haralur road itself - this'll only worsen as the construction happens.

BTW, I also heard the CM was to visit Cisco today, and that might've added to the misery.
I second Zenx, as our honorable CM is visiting the campus and that also might have added to the driving woes on ORR. Phew ! Every street and junction in Bangalore is almost dug out and damn! when will this ever stop.
Old 12th February 2009, 13:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Lohit.. i can imagine your fate.. alot of people experienced the jam today i guess towards end of ORR.

mine i would consider even sad.. i have to take a U-turn on ORR towards the IOC pump and i was just waiting on the opposite end for 30 mins(went crazy, i was even exploring options of just forgetting about my car and crossing the road to reach office
Old 12th February 2009, 13:54   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I was in Bangalore yesterday, every visit of mine to Bangalore just makes me feel better that I took the right choice of shifting to Chennai a year and a half back. Fortunately I was able to go around everywhere in a scooter with my colleague saved a lot of time. Even better was my decision of not taking the car - OT The Shatabdi clocked 113 on my Navigator GPS, not sure if I would have done that in my car.
lets not start a city bashing thread.

I would not like to be reminded about the horrible public transport in Chennai.

The world knows, Bangalore is the only Indian city with the best public transport system.
Old 12th February 2009, 13:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore is the only city in India which has a good public transport and which is making profits.
Old 12th February 2009, 14:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
lets not start a city bashing thread.

I would not like to be reminded about the horrible public transport in Chennai.

The world knows, Bangalore is the only Indian city with the best public transport system.
I thought 'BEST' public transport is in Bombay, I mean Mumbai. Bangalore is BMRTC public transport
Old 12th February 2009, 14:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Yes, because the public prefer to transport/travel on their own vehicles rather depending on the Govt
Old 12th February 2009, 14:36   #25
BHPian

It was bad!

Yes, it was real bad today.

I was travelling too to Electronic City from Suncity (that makes us three, nemo and aka_iitd), first painpoint was to take a left onto the ORR from the Ibbalur village, then the Sarjapur ORR Junction.

But the worst was to take a right turn in Springfield, 45 minutes in that junction. And then you see the idiots in cars (yellow board indica, yellow board Sumo, alto, wagonR, City, Civic, CRV) apart from auto and two wheelers going on the opposite lane and making a mess of it. They gain time at the cost of all others waiting. How I wish they are stopped and made to go back and join the queue at the end.

It took me 1 and half hours to cover 12 km to office, normally it takes 30-35 minutes.
Old 12th February 2009, 14:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

now i know why clevermax was so relieved to come back. It takes me about 15~20 minutes for the 16km commute to my office
Old 12th February 2009, 14:42   #27
BHPian

Took me 2.5 hours too from Rajajinagar to Sarjapur today usually takes 35 to 40 minutes in the morning and 50 minutes to an hour max in the evenings (21 km drive one way). Bad jam due to the flyover construction at both the Agara and Sarjapur road junctions. :( hope I dont get stuck in the evening today.

Last edited by anarchist : 12th February 2009 at 14:43.
Old 12th February 2009, 14:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

It is not a big issue!!! In gurgaon, leave after 6PM and reach NOIDA at 830 PM. On rainy days, there is no upper limit.
Old 12th February 2009, 14:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

FOlks forgot to mention that i was riding and not driving, if i had taken my car then for sure i should have applied for half day leave
Old 12th February 2009, 14:49   #30
BHPian

Past few days traffic is very heavy in all the area. Today I saw the road Madiwala (Starting)-Jakkasandra was Closed. Dont know why. Its real difficult to avoid this junction. Have very few alternative. EC Folk can take Central Jail route though.
And if we think about the Wastage of Fuel then we all need to get educated. The BMTC-Private Bus stands in middle of the road which makes a huge chain of the Vehicle. I dont know how much the BMTC itself is loosing.

Most Viewed