Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 16:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

nemo & daiblo: i have seen few bad jams since the flyover work has begun, infact almost every btw 9-30 afer the sarjapur juction their would be a jam till agar junction.

Yes this was the bad one...
Old 12th February 2009, 17:12   #47
BANNED

Radio Indigo (91.9 FM) was announcing this morning (as early as 8 am, if I remember correctly) that Sarjapura Road was clogged. Not sure how many other radio stations announce traffic situations in Bangalore, but Radio Indigo does.

You can alert them to a bad traffic situation by sending an SMS to 52919 or calling 080 2550 2919. They announce your SMS / call over the air (with a short delay) - this helps other motorists so please give as much detail as possible in your SMS.
Old 12th February 2009, 17:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

lol even before I opened the thread, I was sure it would be our good ol Bangy .
Thankfully I work in Whitefield and stay in CV raman nagar so didnt face any issues (I guess leavin at 12 helped).
Old 12th February 2009, 17:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
You can alert them to a bad traffic situation by sending an SMS to 52919 or calling 080 2550 2919. They announce your SMS / call over the air (with a short delay) - this helps other motorists so please give as much detail as possible in your SMS.
This reminds me of the traffic alerts which Radio City gives out in Chennai. They are pre recorded which are put on at regular intervals. How do I know? Had the good fortune of listening to verbatim traffic update on two consecutive days including the RJ's anectode about Mylapore's small lanes.

@ Pavan Kadam - Am not into a city bashing thread because have spent a good 10 years in Bangalore and still have fond memories of the city. But to call Bangalore has the best Public transport is a joke because if it was so, the issue of so much private transport vehicles would not have come up. In the same context if I could enlighten you, the biggest orders which has been given over the last couple of years for buses have come from DTC(Delhi) & TNSTC's & possibly the highest number of Semi Low Floor buses currently plying must be with the MTC fleet in Chennai.
Old 12th February 2009, 17:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Well this is story for everyday for me. It takes 1.5 hours in evening for me to reach JP Nagar from CV Raman nagar through intermediate ring road. As usual Ejipura junction is always clogged so Sony world signal. For last few days we are going back via Ulsoor, Richmond Circle, Lalbagh to JP Nagar. But only difference is 10 minutes.

I will shift to whitefield in 1 - 2 months then I hope it would not take this much time for me to travel Whitefield to CV Raman Nagar through OMR.

Anybody travelling from Whitefield to CV Raman Nagar daily? How much time it takes?
Old 12th February 2009, 17:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Anybody travelling from Whitefield to CV Raman Nagar daily? How much time it takes?
Why are shifting house to Whitefield? THere is a flat for rent in my apartment, which is exactly 2.5km from Bagmane Tech Park (you can come home for lunch, rest and then again go to office). Interested ?

Anyway there is a road from ITPL to DRDO phase 2 bisecting the ORR. you will just take 15-20 (max 30 min depending upon where you stay) to come to Bagmane. You will never face any jam. No need to touch OMR or ORR.

Abhi
Old 12th February 2009, 17:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I asked this question to a neighbour who is into government contracts. He said they dont do any road work in the night due to safety reasons.

The workers are worried that some drunk might drive over them when they are working at night.
Is that the real reason ?? I thought the labor charges were double for working at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
lol even before I opened the thread, I was sure it would be our good ol Bangy .
Thankfully I work in Whitefield and stay in CV raman nagar so didnt face any issues (I guess leavin at 12 helped).
He he same here.
Old 12th February 2009, 17:52   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Is that the real reason ?? I thought the labor charges were double for working at night.
I dont think the cost depends upon what time they do the job. Day and night work may actually depend on what the job is.

I am not too sure though, but thats what he told me. They were tarring the narrow lanes around my house from 9 in the morning and this guy whom i see everyday was supervising it. Thats when i got to know he was a government contrator. Guy has a bigger car then the street his house is located.
Old 12th February 2009, 18:09   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I would not like to be reminded about the horrible public transport in Chennai.

The world knows, Bangalore is the only Indian city with the best public transport system.
Please tell me you're joking. Bangalore's BMTC has never been a patch on Chennai's MTC. BMTC (BTS?) *used* to be very good in the mid-90s but they lost it somewhere down the line. The 2 suburban train lines in Chennai do a good job of reducing road traffic as well - pity they didn't extend the MRTS along the OMR (Old Mahabalipuram Road) though.

If you're referring to autorickshaws in Chennai as public transport, I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I do C V Raman Nagar (Bagmane Tech Park) - ITPL Whitefield at least 3 times a week. The fastest & shortest route is Old Madras Road - Krishnarajapuram (take the LHS underpass) - Mahadevapura - Whitefield. This will take you ~40 minutes depending on how bad traffic is at C V Raman Nagar.

I also routinely do Hebbala - ITPL Whitefield via ORR - Krishnarajapuram in 1 hour with an 8 / 9 am start. Krishnarajapuram - ITPL is a standard 20 - 30 minutes depending on time of day. Hotspots on this stretch are Hoodi Circle and as always the Krishnarajapuram bridge itself.

The second best option is C V Raman Nagar - Old Airport Road - Marathahalli - Brookefields - Whitefield. This is longer by about ~6 km and routinely takes me ~60 minutes during peak hours.

I'm referring to times taken in a 4-wheeler.
Old 12th February 2009, 18:16   #55
BHPian

Hi!

I live in Mumbai and have similar experiences everyday. My office is 20 km from my home, and this journey takes me one and a half hour in the morning - that's an average speed of less than 13.5 kmph! I have learned two things from these traffic jams:

1) The thrill of zipping from 0 to 60 kmph in 6 seconds is nothing comapred to the thrill of being able to accelerate from 0 to 15 kmph in 1 minute!

2) It is far more thrilling to overtake somebody at 20 kmph than at 120 kmph!

Traffic jams are a way of life - just relax and enjoy. Don't let the blood pressure rise!
Old 13th February 2009, 09:37   #56
BHPian

How is the Agara junction today? Yet to leave home, if it is clogged, wanted to stay put...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Lohith, you can try taking the road adjacent to Spring Field apartment to skip the traffic at Agara Junction. This should take you to HSR and exit through silk board.
Dont know how to reach HSR on that road, could you please give some more directions? Will be really useful for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Guys do you feel the pain in the knee cap after driving in heavy traffic.
I have the same problem. Mostly on the left knee, from keeping the clutch pressed for too long. I got scared that my knee caps are in trouble etc, so went to a famous sports medicine doc, and he said this is caused by the leg muscles tightening up, and gave some stretching exercises. All is fine since then. Drop by, and I can share the papers he gave.
Old 13th February 2009, 09:52   #57
Team-BHP Support

Junction was normal today. Droved to Madivala, Indigo did not mention any problem so I drove on.
Old 13th February 2009, 10:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Junction was normal today. Droved to Madivala, Indigo did not mention any problem so I drove on.
Same here it was peacful, was little unsure but luckily no issues today.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:00   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post

But the worst was to take a right turn in Springfield, 45 minutes in that junction. And then you see the idiots in cars (yellow board indica, yellow board Sumo, alto, wagonR, City, Civic, CRV) apart from auto and two wheelers going on the opposite lane and making a mess of it. They gain time at the cost of all others waiting. How I wish they are stopped and made to go back and join the queue at the end.
true and swear words and abuses were exchanged generously between the frustrated.

my wish is a Srirama sena kind of group emerges somewhere and takes the traffic management in its hands. They should whack all the traffic violators, may be even deflate the tires and waste the time that they thought they will save by violating the law. Unless something like this happens i don't think we will ever see a displined driving in this country.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:21   #60
Team-BHP Support

Today the crowds shifted to the alternative roads. There was a huge line along the side road which i generally use to get to Bellandur from Sarjapur road. Yesterday, it was relatively fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks