Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 11:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

It took just 2.5 hrs to reach my office today!

Ohh what a way to start a day:( it was same as usual i left my house at around 8:40am(Close to Marathalli) and it was quiet smooth till i reached Bellandur signal and from here the fun started, traffic was hardly moving and it was jam packed till Koramanagala junction where a flyover is being built...

I think it took me about hour or so to cover this stretch which normally takes few minutes. totllay i think i spent about 2.5 hours to reach my office(Bannergahtta rd) which i normally take about 45 mins.

Issue is the bad traffic management both in Sarjapur junction and Kormangaa junction. i wonder why the authorities dont plan properly before they begin these projects.

Was really ab BAD experience:(

Would suggest people to avoivd this stretch between 8:45 to 10 am....
Old 12th February 2009, 12:07   #2
BHPian

Yup! It was pretty bad

I live on ORR opposite Intel and I go to Electronic City. Fortunately it was OK once I was past the Sarjapur-ORR junction (best avoided thru alternate routes if possible)

BTW -> On days like this, it may be better to take Jail road to Electronic City and then catch the NICE road to Bannerghetta road. Also once you reach the signal at Advaith Hyundai on ORR, there is an alternate road to reach Sarjapur road. PM me and I can send you the details

Cheers
Old 12th February 2009, 12:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why not bike over? or was this on bike?

PS: Come to delhi! Rather, the gurgaon expressway (only)!
Old 12th February 2009, 12:17   #4
Team-BHP Support

I also had to go to Electronic City in the morning to drop my wife, and then back to Whitefield where my office is located. Luckily, i knew an alternative route through Kaikondanahalli and was able to make it without much fuss.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

And our State Govt is envisaging a junction-free ORR!

What about the traffic mess at KR Puram everyday, this bottleneck exists from past so many years, and the Govt (past & present) is least bothered about it.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:20   #6
BHPian

I just spent almost 2 hrs from Suncity Apartment to Kormangala. I started at 8:10 and was in office at 10:00 But at last i reached
Old 12th February 2009, 12:24   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

That's horrific, one way travel = 2.5 hours. How many kms is that drive? I assume it would be around 18km?
Old 12th February 2009, 12:27   #8
BANNED

Guys imagine 24 kms drive, Vidyaranyapura to Indiranagar.

I almost take 1.45 mins to drive my small M-800.

The outer ring road . Hebbal till Lingarajapuram junction 12 kms takes 1 hr.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

I was in Bangalore yesterday, every visit of mine to Bangalore just makes me feel better that I took the right choice of shifting to Chennai a year and a half back. Fortunately I was able to go around everywhere in a scooter with my colleague saved a lot of time. Even better was my decision of not taking the car - OT The Shatabdi clocked 113 on my Navigator GPS, not sure if I would have done that in my car.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Issue is the bad traffic management both in Sarjapur junction and Kormangaa junction. i wonder why the authorities dont plan properly before they begin these projects.
Issue was the divider after the koramangala crossing which thay had removed and earlier there was mud, now they have dug it up 1ft to make it a tarred surface after filling, with the other side having the construction barriers and therefore you have a bottleneck with only one lane operating.

They could have done this at night when traffic is lean and saved a lot of people time, fuel and agony.

Rest is all the piling up effect.

Last edited by dadu : 12th February 2009 at 12:37.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thats really bad experiance i must say.I guess you need stock up food & water in your cars to endure this arduous journey.I guess Bangalore traffic is becoming even more worse than i thought
Old 12th February 2009, 12:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

Really ? What was the issue ?
Oh, yes, I remember seeing all those vehicles just sitting there as I rode past on the bike (cycle)
Hmmm, I guess thats why it took me a full 7 minutes extra over the usual 18 for the 7.5kms to work!

Seriously, it was pretty bad - in fact even Haralur road - the road leading to Kudlu from Sarjapura Road, was pretty jammed. Need to find an int pathernal to HSR layout from Haralur road itself - this'll only worsen as the construction happens.

BTW, I also heard the CM was to visit Cisco today, and that might've added to the misery.

Last edited by zenx : 12th February 2009 at 12:46.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:44   #13
BHPian

It took me more than an hour to reach the office in EC this morning. I suspect
a breakdown of a heavy vehicle or something for the traffic jam. The flyover work has been happening for the past couple of months and there was never a jam like this during this period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I just spent almost 2 hrs from Suncity Apartment to Kormangala. I started at 8:10 and was in office at 10:00 But at last i reached
Didn't know there was a BHPian in my backyard, i too live in Suncity. Perhaps we should catch up sometime.
Old 12th February 2009, 13:03   #14
Team-BHP Support

I was supposed to take this route but a colleague phoned me to say he was shifting to airport road. I decided to go to my office via Marathahalli. Crowded but I got there. Will avoid SJP/KMangala today
Old 12th February 2009, 13:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Yup its about 19 Kms, couple of days back i returned from office pretty lat about 11pm and i took about 18-20mins to reach home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's horrific, one way travel = 2.5 hours. How many kms is that drive? I assume it would be around 18km?

I wonder how much fuel would have been wasted... govenment should get responsible, i know am asking for too much

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks