Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 09:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

1) The resale value will anyways get affected because of this accident.

2) The angle of hit was such that your car suffered more damage.

3) Remember this is India, so its better to earn very very hard earned money and spend that for peace. Leave police aside. They will just make the things worst and will repeatedly call you for this and that. The NRI will be out of this country. It wise not to go to police.
Unfortunately you were not in good health or else you should have beaten those guys to half death. They will suffer from their own fate, someday they will rear end a truck and suffer.

I am shocked to see this.

4) I believe that the impact was a high speed one and looks like there is some damage to chassis.
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:02   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My biggest worry is they rear left metal sheet damage. One advisor told me that damaged portion will be cut and new portions will be welded. but that will make the car open to visible accident signs, causing the low resale value. Though selling it off is not really in my mind for next 5 years. One advisor told me that they can try to do the denting painting of current sheet, as there is no rip-off, just twist and bends. I am going to MASS to discuss it in detail and will take few more pics.

Sorry to hear about this. Don't write off cutting and replacing the panel. Believe me, I have seen a couple of instances where the work is undetectable, unless one opens the rear inner panels to examine. After 5 years, the resale value and the accident loss will be neglgible.

Make sure the MASS has a jig to mount the car and check for chassis alignment. Insist on this. Again, they can pull it into alignment and it works
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Honestly speaking I felt that something wrong when I saw them coming too fast, on RVM, and by impulse I removed my foot from brakes, that might had reduced the impact, but anyways they were too fast
taking it to a tech level. I have a feeling keeping the brake on may have shattered both the cars more badly, but would have saved you from an injury, especially a backlash in the neck.

EDIT: to explain further, by taking your foot off, you allowed more movement of your car. saving the car but endangering yourself.

and the system is corrupt to the core. it's people like you and me sitting in these offices who do not let any opportunity to make money go. I have no words to express my disappointment. the drunks should have their license cancelled for life and should pay for your physical, mental and financial agony.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 23rd February 2009 at 10:31.
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

very sad incident.

i hope, your car will be back in shape soon.

hope, one day, god will teach a lesson to those drunkard.
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Don't write off cutting and replacing the panel. Believe me, I have seen a couple of instances where the work is undetectable, unless one opens the rear inner panels to examine. After 5 years, the resale value and the accident loss will be neglgible.

Make sure the MASS has a jig to mount the car and check for chassis alignment. Insist on this. Again, they can pull it into alignment and it works
I am thinking on the same line. BTW does all the MASS have these Chasis Alignment facility

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
taking it to a tech level. I have a feeling keeping the brake on may have shattered both the cars more badly, but would have saved you from an injury, especially a backlash in the neck.
You are right, luckily did not faced neck back lash because of huge neck rest in SX4. Also I feel car took most of the the crash impact, and passed very less to me.

All I got was pain on the right abdomen area, because I was recently treated for kidney stone on right side. Which is ok now
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking on the same line. BTW does all the MASS have these Chasis Alignment facility
Car - O - Liner, Only Big MASS's have this. Navneet here in thane has it.
So enquire with your service station if he does or no.
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:14   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Good god! Just read about this and i can feel your pain. Don't let these guys get away with it. Go to the highest levels with your photos and show them what happened.
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) The resale value will anyways get affected because of this accident.

2) The angle of hit was such that your car suffered more damage.

3) Remember this is India, so its better to earn very very hard earned money and spend that for peace. Leave police aside. They will just make the things worst and will repeatedly call you for this and that. The NRI will be out of this country. It wise not to go to police.
well bharat it was really bad to see your car in such shape - poor baby has its rear ripped apart. .

The good thing was you all escaped unhurt - let the M.A.S.S guys & insurance take care of the car for now - pay some amount out of your pocket to get it fixed.

It was also better you did not harry up the police - it will not work with Delhi cops until and unless you know some top official or member of a political party - and I am serious.

I still remember when i was involved in a really bad road accident in Delhi a few years back - result a broken collar bone for me and coma for a week for my co passenger (she turned out fine eventually). While both of us were down the Delhi police tried minting out money from my friends citing certain clauses where they could press charges (involuntary manslaughter?????) against me. I was really not aware of it - or else......

Anyway neither she or her family want to press charges as we were friends and it was not our fault as we both flew of my bike during the accident.

This is not complete - they did not release my bike for 2 months as it lay rusting there in the open and after the third month when they did - the gear stalks were broken, tyre rims rusted, mirrors stolen, bike would not start, fuel stolen (i had filled it minutes before the accident), the horror story went on. I had to tow this to a service center on a tempo.

The bottom line - don't go to the police until and unless you or someone in your family is a lawyer, know someone higher up in the system or got loads of Vit-M to make the corrupt system operate smoothly for your self.

Anyway drive safe and keep away from drunks like these- they are one too many in Delhi and Noida (did i say i got hit again after 1.5 years of my first accident again in Noida by two local drunks on a bike - the locals though beat the @@@@ out of them)
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as usual police played the dirty role here. Those guys were drunk, no license and NRIs, So they were easy target to fleece money. I guess they paid good amount to police for not filing FIR. I forced cops to file FIR, on which they tried to play mind games with me. Being sunday they said that both cars will be submitted to police and will be released on formalities, and will take 1-2 days. I have heard scaring stories cars being robbed off of accessories in police custody. and I guess they sensed my fear. Also I felt pain on the right side of stomach which was recently treated for kidney stone.

Also police started giving me indications that nothing will happen if I open a case. So called my uncle to settle this whole thing and I left for home to drop my mother back.

those drunks exploited our corrupt system They paid us 5K and used money power to scot free .

I hate to be in this country. Please I am too emotional at present
Totally understand what you are going through at this moment. It is a sad state of affairs, and to think that Delhi is the capital.

Hope your car gets back soon.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

that looks terrible. Bad luck i say, in India, however carefully you drive, luck is all that can keep you away from accidents.
Old 23rd February 2009, 12:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from Vipul Motors. Surveyor have cleared the estimates and all the replacements required.

Also Vipul has that Chasis Alignment Machine and they showed it to me. They will use it for the alignment or whatever required.

Luckily no damage to chasis though the Alloy wheel was completely damaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Car - O - Liner, Only Big MASS's have this. Navneet here in thane has it.
So enquire with your service station if he does or no.

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Good god! Just read about this and i can feel your pain. Don't let these guys get away with it. Go to the highest levels with your photos and show them what happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Totally understand what you are going through at this moment. It is a sad state of affairs, and to think that Delhi is the capital.

Hope your car gets back soon.

Last edited by rkbharat : 23rd February 2009 at 13:01.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:55   #42
BHPian

Ohh God that's an awful accident and good that you and your folks are safe. I can empathize with you. It is very painful when something like this which is not of your own making happens and you dont have any support.
Hope those drunks are taught a lesson by someone somewhere.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

On Delhi-Gurgaon and back, most of the people drive as if they are fully sozzled. In Sep 2007, on a wet road, while my Corolla was standing in the traffic, a truck looking for an extra inch, kissed my Corolla, and kept on at it, fully aware. Damage was both bumpers, both doors, left rear view mirror. Total cost was 80-85K of which I had to pay around 10-11K.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:40   #44
BHPian

A few words from my side:
- It's great that no one was hurt and everything is turning out fine.

- Like every1 has said, its better to live with peace & pay & get your car fixed rather than face 100 more traumas with the cops. Cops are useful only if you have big contacts.

- Since you have evidence, id say, the best thing would be if it would be possible to get in touch with their families and send them the pictures & the story. Tell them you arent looking for damages but just want them to have knowledge of what has happened. That itself would bring shame to them & some feeling of righteousness & perhaps closure to you.

- Finally, i think this might teach us something to keep track of while we drive ourselves. Sometimes, i keep the handbrake engaged when i stop. I think we should make this part & parcel of our daily driving as it may save us injury in such accidents.
Experts could please throw some light on this as im not sure whether it would help or cause more injury?

- Support & sympathy always help gain closure & overcome trauma & hence, TBHP is a great way of sharing your experience & being rest assured that your not alone. Cheers to that.

Warm Regards to you rkbharat & hope all is well soon.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:47   #45
BHPian

sad to see the damage... A very very similar accident happened near my place a few weeks back but only difference is that instead of your SX4 there was a two wheeler in your position... No prizes for guessing what happened to the two wheeler guy ! Hope you recover from this incident soon...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks