Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 23:31   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Also I feel car took most of the the crash impact, and passed very less to me.
Very sorry about the mishap!

Recently, a friend of mine driving along with his family on Delhi - Haridwar route in SX4 Vxi collided head -on with a TATA 407. Nobody was seriously hurt, the car took the maximum impact & was totalled from front. Engine was beyond repairs. He got the claim from insurers & again bought the same vehicle SX4 Vxi.

Should we say that crumple zones in SX4 are well designed?
Old 26th February 2009, 08:41   #62
BANNED

Quote:
as usual police played the dirty role here. Those guys were drunk, no license and NRIs, So they were easy target to fleece money. I guess they paid good amount to police for not filing FIR. I forced cops to file FIR, on which they tried to play mind games with me. Being sunday they said that both cars will be submitted to police and will be released on formalities, and will take 1-2 days. I have heard scaring stories cars being robbed off of accessories in police custody. and I guess they sensed my fear. Also I felt pain on the right side of stomach which was recently treated for kidney stone.

those drunks exploited our corrupt system They paid us 5K and used money power to scot free .

I hate to be in this country. Please I am too emotional at present
I can understand the situation at that time but I think you just got scared of the process and didn't want to take the effort to go ahead with the charges.

Please bharath, things don't change unless we make the effort to and don't complain too because people have been doing this and others like you have been letting them go scot free.
We always want the easy way out so we have to pay for it somewhere and we end up having goons like this on the road without any care of consequences.
Old 26th February 2009, 09:44   #63
BHPian

My sympathies RK

That really looks like a bad one! I can totally understand your pain buddy! As if the damage to ones property is not enough, you had to deal with a insensitive and corrupt system! Disgusting!

Glad that you got out unhurt! Take it easy , things happen

Elito
Old 26th February 2009, 09:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Man this is real bad. make sure that the suspension mounts are not damaged. if they are it could lead to a lot of complications. Is that your coil spring there?? good to know that you are ok, but i am sure it hurts more because of the corruption in the system..
Old 26th February 2009, 10:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Zaks, you are 100% right, I do felt guilty and anger for letting them go without any punishment. I am kind of guy who does not care about anything if it comes to bring somebody to justice, even if I have to pay from my pocket and take extra pain.

I recently won a case in Supreme Court against DDA(was published in TOI), and issue was that they did not sent me the final demand letter and sent me the notice directly. Later I got to know that some of the babu cooked up the case to grab the flat. All of them are now in deep trouble. Took me six years from MRTPC to SC to win the case and lots of money. Many of my people suggested to settle outside court, but I was stuck to law.

I never hesitate to take legal path, even if its time consuming, but this time there was too much of wrongs already happening in life, and I was at high level of frustration.

I think its always wise to select actions based on your conditions. Actions based on emotions always goes wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Please bharath, things don't change unless we make the effort to and don't complain too because people have been doing this and others like you have been letting them go scot free.
We always want the easy way out so we have to pay for it somewhere and we end up having goons like this on the road without any care of consequences.

What is the solution to Suspension mount damages? can we replace them? That coil spring is of accent. Though my car's coil was also broken and fell during towing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Man this is real bad. make sure that the suspension mounts are not damaged. if they are it could lead to a lot of complications. Is that your coil spring there?? good to know that you are ok, but i am sure it hurts more because of the corruption in the system..

Last edited by rkbharat : 26th February 2009 at 10:12.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:17   #66
BHPian

This bloody KHAKI sucks! Thank god you are safe....why don't you try meeting SP/SSP to register this unacceptable behavior of police.
My experience has always resulted positive whenever I approached an IPS against wrong doings by his subordinates.

May your beloved SX4 get back in shape soon!

Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 26th February 2009 at 10:18.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What is the solution to Suspension mount damages? can we replace them? That coil spring is of accent. Though my car's coil was also broken and fell during towing.
well from the limited knowledge that i have the strut kit can be changed but the spot at which the suspension setup is mounted cannot. it has to be straightened to the extend possible.
Old 26th February 2009, 13:28   #68
BHPian

I dont know what to say about the those drunk people who just enjoyed the Bang onto your car. It would have been nice if they would also forced to give some Chakkar around the court and police station. Is the other car is in police station or they took away ?
By the way RK some time we need to pay with out any of our fault in life....
Cheers !!! Hope you get back your car with out any defect.
Old 1st March 2009, 16:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

today I went to Vipul to check the progress and not much has progressed. I confronted the floor manager and he told me that they received few parts today which are required to make the car roll, as it is still not movable because of the broken parts on the rear wheel.

Though I was not convinced because its already 1 week and they have 1 more week to complete the work. But he was confident to deliver the car on time.
Old 1st March 2009, 17:45   #70
ECM
BHPian

Brother
Sorry to know all this,it hurts really hurts and I can understand your pain.Forget everything and focus only on one point,when you car about to get ready,look for hatch closing(dicky),check every corners of it.I suspect it will left with the minor unrepairable mismatch on corners and side edges while you close it,if MASS can rectify this(which I suspect they cannot)give them full marks.Rest all will be okay so you need not to worry.
Acsent is less damaged coz its right wheel did the damaged and it worked like a spring and absorb all jolts for that car,funny thing is that car is missing the right signal light in front and its cut like a lazer!

Last edited by ECM : 1st March 2009 at 17:54.
Old 1st March 2009, 18:13   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw this thread. I feel bad for your Rajiv. This is quite pathetic. It hurts even more when you were not at fault.

Glad that you didnt get hurt and hope your car is up and running soon.

PS: Your MASS has the Car-o-liner equipment right?
Old 1st March 2009, 18:39   #72
Senior - BHPian

Dear Bharat,
It is really sad to read the whole thing. Thank heavens that SX4 managed to save you. Why could you not put these pictures in the newspaper buddy? Atleast, in that way these people could have been exposed. Anyway, hope SX4 is back soon.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 1st March 2009, 20:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ECM, saw your PM, I am now worried about total cost to me. According to my understanding and discussion with MASS I will have to pay

50% + Tax for Plastic and rubber,
5% + Tax for metals,
100%+Tax for consumables
1000Rs for Claim Charges

For bumpers they told me around 3500Rs(Front & Rear) + Around 5000 For Tyres. Rest all comes under 5%.

Will it cross 20000 Rs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Brother
Sorry to know all this,it hurts really hurts and I can understand your pain.Forget everything and focus only on one point,when you car about to get ready,look for hatch closing(dicky),check every corners of it.I suspect it will left with the minor unrepairable mismatch on corners and side edges while you close it,if MASS can rectify this(which I suspect they cannot)give them full marks.Rest all will be okay so you need not to worry.
Acsent is less damaged coz its right wheel did the damaged and it worked like a spring and absorb all jolts for that car,funny thing is that car is missing the right signal light in front and its cut like a lazer!
Yes Nikhil, they have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
PS: Your MASS has the Car-o-liner equipment right?
Thanks buddy, I hope the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
hope SX4 is back soon.

Deepak

Last edited by rkbharat : 1st March 2009 at 20:19.
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:25   #74
BHPian

sorry to see your car in such a bad accident. you are very lucky that you are safe. my dad own's the same colour sx4. i also had an accident in the sx4 in 2007 diwali. two drunk people riding a karizma were trying to overtake me from the wrong side when i was taking a right turn. end result? sx4's right fender ,front bumper,rh headlight, all damaged. worse damage was to the front right tyre as it absorbed most of the impact.
still today the right front tyre is a bit bent. could anyone please suggest a solution to problem?
Old 11th March 2009, 08:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all, car is not yet back to shape, I visited workshop yesterday and all the mechanical work were done, but denting painting was pending.

Some more questions, Please help:
1. They told me that they aligned the chassis using car-o-liner. I asked them 100 times. Is there anyway to get it documented, that it is done.

2. Out of two alloys damaged, one was broken which will be replaced and other have lots of scratches. I hope they do not create any issue about the second one.

Also I need to prepare a checklist to go through before I take the delivery. Please have a look and suggest if anything else need to be checked

Idle Checks
Boot Door and Lock Check, boot light
Defogger Check
Tail Lights, Reverse Lights, fog light check
Check for Alloys and Tyres
Check all gaps
Check all electricals
Check head lamps, high & low beam
Check Fog lights
Gap between bonnet and body
Check all doors
Check shade of painting, if it matches well, Both bumpers, and rear left
Check fuel lid, open/close
Check all the engine area, to see if anybody has changed anything there intentionally
Check the dash area to see if anything is tampered

Checks while driving
Check for any strange noise
Alignment and Balancing check.
Any wobbling after 60
Check brakes
Apply brakes to check if ABS is working
Drive over speed breakers over couple of times to check suspension work/noise
Drive over bad roads to check any noise or anything else
Any other cabin noise or rattle.

Long Term checks
Keep check on Tyre wear-tear very frequently.
What else?

Last edited by rkbharat : 11th March 2009 at 08:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks