Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 10:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

You are doing the right thing, Tejas. No one *should* be above the law. I hope the kid and his family do see the effective end of "kanoon ka danda".

Poor cabbie. For no fault of his own his livelihood is gone.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic attitude of the parents. I can understand their feelings, but at least they can let the law take its course. Their son might have a chance to redeem himself at a much younger age than committing more such blunders and ending up in hell. Terrific job Tejas. We are right behind you.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:43   #48
BHPian

Whoa Tejas,you seem to be surrounded by rear-ending morons these days.Good that you have taken a stand against this nonsense.Its about time we stopped sympathising with such "kids" and gave up our chalta hai attitude.Citizens need to follow the law better,thats the only hope for this country in all aspects.
Take care Tejas and all the best.Hope the cops don't make this a miserable experience for you,although my gut feel is this incident,like all others,will be swept under the carpet with money.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:56   #49
BHPian

Huh! This is such an unfortunate incident - we can surely understand the tension you must be undergoing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
.. my hands were shivering for five minutes after the crash due to the adrenaline rush. Can't imagine the kid and taxi guys.
I hear very few Doc(s) talking about shivering hands.
Old 24th February 2009, 11:05   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

@Tejas, Looked at the thread title, saw that the thread is from you - and I was like - Please, not Tejas.

Not that it is ok for anyone else to be at the receiving end like that. That's a bad crash there.
Old 24th February 2009, 11:19   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfatwork
When you are 18, you are an adult, and should take responsibility for your actions. You are not a kid anymore.
As I read through recent posts I was regreting the use of the word 'kid', and thinking, that this is a young adult with a driving licence. Surfatwork said it.

The consequences could have been so much worse, but this was still a piece of purposefully reckless, selfish, driving, and it should be punished.

Perhaps its a hard way to discover that there is a limit to what mummy and daddy can make alright, but don't adult privilidges mean adult responsibiliies?

edit: Cross-posted with lots of people.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 24th February 2009 at 11:22.
Old 24th February 2009, 11:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Damn - thats a very bad shunt. The taxi is a goner for sure. Thank God there were no casualties.

@ Tejas - you doing the correct thing here. That kid needs to be taught a lesson and the sooner he learns it - the better it will be for him.

ps - Looking at that taxi - I can only wish and pray that the govt. takes urgent steps to phase these fragile Padminis out asap. If a passenger had been in that rear seat...God I shudder to think about it.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:06   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The Jag guys were? were they friends with teh Cedia guy? and racing each other.
I don't think they were racing each other. But they knew each other for sure since the jag guy came to the police station to defend this chap saying he was at a maximum speed of 80kmph. My foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Feel very sad for the taxi driver. It is his means of living that we see ruined by that brat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Usually taxi drivers are sole breadwinners for their families.
Yes. That's why i am feeling damn bad and just want to make sure that the cabbie gets a brand new cab and compensation for money lost. Nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I would say go a BIT easy on the kid. Provided that if they settle with the other affected parties, and they are able to resolve it amicably, you should also settle with them.

Its only human to make mistakes. I think a rash driving conviction makes it to a persons criminal record, the impact of having one is huge....

Would you want your own son to have a criminal record, foolish as he is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
ya i agree not for the kids sake but for his parents since nobody was seriously injured i think as long as they pay adequate compensation to the taxi driver maybe you should let it go hopefuly the kid would have learn't a lesson
18 years and a fast car is not a good combination but hey we were also 18 and you know how it is at that age
We all were 18 but not stupid. To get a car to a halt from speeds of 100+ we know how mush distance is necessary.
Greenhorn what do you mean by you should settle with him? I have nothing for or against anyone. I just want to see that the law goes the right way. I have been reading things like this in papers about witnesses turning hostile and cursing them. I don't want to be one.

He has not killed anyone. He won't get a major criminal record. But i really think a reprimand from a judge is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
@Tejas, when are you going to post about the police station incident. You have already built up enough suspense around it.
Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Hope the cops don't make this a miserable experience for you,although my gut feel is this incident,like all others,will be swept under the carpet with money.
The sweeping process started immediately after i reached the police station. That's why i am waiting to post more. Just want to make my legal options clear before posting anything here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
Huh! This is such an unfortunate incident - we can surely understand the tension you must be undergoing.

I hear very few Doc(s) talking about shivering hands.
I have been to gujarat for earthquake relief, orissa for floods, everywhere, but first time my hands shook. Five deep breaths and it stabilized but the impact was too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Tejas, Looked at the thread title, saw that the thread is from you - and I was like - Please, not Tejas.

Not that it is ok for anyone else to be at the receiving end like that. That's a bad crash there.
I seriously first thanked my stars!
Old 24th February 2009, 13:11   #54
BANNED

Tejas, we need more of you in this country.

Well done. I am sure a few months in prison should straighten this guy for good.

His future be damned, when he himself dosent bother about others.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
He has not killed anyone. He won't get a major criminal record. But i really think a reprimand from a judge is required.
But the sheer existense of a criminal record might close a lot of doors. A friend got hit with a lawsuit because some old man jumped in front of him, Since he was not from that state, and the old man was from that neighbourhood, everyone supported the old man. A sentence was passed for rash driving , and a lot of his career oppurtunities have been stunted because of this
Old 24th February 2009, 13:25   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
lot of his career oppurtunities have been stunted because of this
I dont get your connect with what Tejas experienced.. Your friends incident and this how does it relate?
Old 24th February 2009, 13:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

but greenhorn

Tejas has already said very clearly that if the cabbie gets the relevant compensation then Tejas will be fine.

And this is the biggest problem we have here.We dont press charges and try to settle things out of court and it keeps happening.

Let somebody be punished so that others also get a lesson as today everyone feels that its easier to get away from your mistakes by paying the cops.

and most of time its the pampered kids/young adults who dont know **** and they do such things hurt people/property

and then their parents bribe cops and they get away

so after this how can you be sure that the young chap wont repeat the same thing instead he will be more comfortable dealing with it cos he now knows that its easier to get out of sh** in india.

so guys,please dont do this,we have to change sometime.Dangerous driving can kill people.i hope you all know so it should be amounted to that while dealing with it.

and Tejas is doing the right thing.

Keep it up doc.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:37   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the whole problem about the system. We all start saying thing about the kids future and job prospects. But couldn't he think about it himself to start with?
Why is no one thinking about the cabbie? The kid is the son of a businessman who'e elder kid also got away in the same incident. the kid will be shipped off abroad soon and will drive and kill somethere and then will realise the strictness of the laws abroad.

remember the drunk driving case of alistair periera? Most of us used to have a couple of beers and drive... now who dares to? one judgement solves a lot of issues IMO.

And the father's attitude is bad. I'll ban him from driving for 6months! What! that's it?

i'm not a cop nor a judge. I don't hold a personal grudge against the kid/young adult. I just want to make sure the law takes it's course or atleast there is perfect (not adequate) compensation to the cabbies and perfect punishment in whatever way to the kid.

remember, there is no free meal in life. ever.

EDIT: and guys, there is not much in my hand as of now. i am a witness not the complainant. Unless the cabbie files the FIR, i am not involved. that's the messy part which hopefully i will post tonight.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 24th February 2009 at 13:40.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I dont get your connect with what Tejas experienced.. Your friends incident and this how does it relate?
My friend is now suffering the legal impact of such an event. The kid might have his future stunted due to this one act of foolishness on his part. This kid already has problems. I wonder if we are making it any better by branding him a criminal

Quote:
Unless the cabbie files the FIR, i am not involved.
Good enough

Last edited by greenhorn : 24th February 2009 at 13:42.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:49   #60
Senior - BHPian

I can understand how shaken you must be from this incident Tejas - but u have been doing the right thing so far on this..

i was just reading another thread u had started where there was a kid on a bike who banged ur car and u made him do sit ups ! on a lighter note - i was wondering what you would make this kid do on the road for this major crash he has created on this own !!

also - some member who was advocating the rule of law in that thread probably must be happy u took this "kid" to the police station and let the "law take its own course" !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks