Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2018, 13:34   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Roads in Delhi and NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I travelled towards Vrindavan a couple of weeks back and used this expressway to travel. The expressway is very much there I can confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Thank you for your prompt answer. I'll discover soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
The KMP Highway starts about 8kms ahead of Manesar - IMT Chowk (towards Jaipur), the place is called Panchgaon.
Last monday I traveled on this stretch from Palwal to Manesar and captured it on my dashcam. You can watch the video (it's fast forwarded at 5x).

Good :
  1. Legal Speed Limit : 100kmph (one section has 60kmph limit)
  2. Reasonable Toll Charges : Rs. 70 (from Palwal to Manesar)
  3. At Palwal, seemless integration with Eastern Peripheral ExpressWay.
Not so Good (as on date) :
  1. Not considered safe for night time driving
  2. No Fuel stations/ Restaurants
Bad :
  1. Driving sense of users, people driving on wrong side (this is a constant across all roads in India)
  2. FASTag not accepted for Toll (only cash payment)
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 14:47   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
The stretch from Gurgaon to Palwal was not an expressway till as recently as 7th Jan when I drove to Palwal.
You need to go past the toll as suggested by AutoNoob

Quote:
Several times this month I have been driving, in the AM, from Gurgaon to Greater Noida on business and then back in the PM. I dreaded it on the first day till I saw the smoothness of using the Jaipur highway-Lutyens Delhi-Banda Bahadur link flyway-DND and then Yamuna Expressway. On most days it is 110 minutes for 58 kms through the morning traffic. Today being a public holiday it was 65 minutes for 58 kms with only 2 red lights - and I am not a zipper. It reminded me of what driving in Delhi was like in the 1980s - a joy.
That's interesting, can you post more details. I am aware of a long flyover just does not know how to reach there while going from Gurgaon side.

Regarding your query on the Kundli - Manesar segment, it is expected to open in August, There should be a connecting road to Dwarka and then to NH8 so instead of going all the way to Manesar, we should get a new interchange at NH8.

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...ugust-5237986/

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st July 2018 at 14:51.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 15:43   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
You need to go past the toll as suggested by AutoNoob

That's interesting, can you post more details. I am aware of a long flyover just does not know how to reach there while going from Gurgaon side.

The long flyover just got longer. The extension from AIIMs to JLN has just started. From the Gurgaon side, while going towards AIIMs, after crossing HYATT on your right, take the first exit and then the leftmost lane.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 17:17   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
The long flyover just got longer. The extension from AIIMs to JLN has just started. From the Gurgaon side, while going towards AIIMs, after crossing HYATT on your right, take the first exit and then the leftmost lane.
Thanks, and where exactly will this end up? I don't see google suggesting this yet.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th August 2018 at 17:20.
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:33   #80
BHPian

There was this news recently that one KMP expressway is coming up that will completely by-pass Delhi and will connect panipat(or karnal) to gurgaon. Any update about that? It was supposed to open in August. There were claims that travel time will reduce drastically🤨
Old 30th August 2018, 20:34   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, and where exactly will this end up? I don't see google suggesting this yet.

It ends at fork, DND (Yamuna Expressway) on the left and Ashram on the right. There are exits for Mayur Vihar and Sarai Kale Khan before that.
Old 10th December 2018, 10:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Pay toll to use Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway from December 15.

Quote:
Come December 15, motorists will have to pay to drive on the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway. The newly inaugurated expressway will have a closed tolling system — meaning commuters will have to pay only for the distance they will travel along the thoroughfare crossing Gurugram.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2018, 10:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

14,000 fewer vehicles entering Gurugram everyday after the opening of KMP expressway.

Quote:
About 14,000 fewer vehicles have been entering the city from the Kherki Daula toll plaza every day since the opening of the Kundli-Manesar section of the KMP( Kundli-Manesar-Palwal) Expressway on November 19, as shown by official data. If such a state of affairs continues, as it had on the Manesar-Palwal section of the Expressway, which opened two years ago, there is hope of significant reduction in traffic congestion and vehicular pollution in both in Gurugram and Delhi
Quote:
Experts say that this Expressway, which is part of the extended ring road comprising the KMP Expressway and Kundli-Ghaziabad-Palwal(KGP) Expressway encircling Delhi, is going to reduce decongestion and check pollution, as was initially envisaged by the Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority (EPCA) way back in 2003
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 13:16   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
14,000 fewer vehicles entering Gurugram everyday after the opening of KMP expressway.
Some of the Heavy vehicles have started using this route over the Panipat- Kotputli as this is little shorter and Toll should also be less.

Good Alternate for Gurgaon users

Sharing my own experience from yesterday while returning from Chandigarh, Ambala- Delhi highway was a mess as on every Sunday/ Holiday. All Tolls were choked. Delhi would have been no exception, so even though Google predicted same or little longer time via the new Western Peripheral road, I continued on WPE. We need to take left beyond the cut for Eastern Peripheral road. Though there is signage it's a shame that there are no Lights at this important changeover. Once on the highway, you don't feel you are in India or at least in North India Highway is superb and less traffic, a mix of Truck and cars. There is an Exit before Manesar around Badli with clear signage showing exit for Gurgaon. The connecting road is 4 Laned, for the most part, bottleneck being one village I believe but nothing major. There are some occasional speed breakers on this link - 4 laned road though. I was able to reach in about One hour from Haveli- Murthal to Sector 22 with borderline expressway speeds
Attached Thumbnails
Roads in Delhi and NCR-wpe.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th December 2018 at 13:31.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 10:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing my own experience from yesterday while returning from Chandigarh, Ambala- Delhi highway was a mess as on every Sunday/ Holiday.
Thanks, how much were the toll charges for using western peripheral expressway from Gurgaon to Kundli stretch
Old 9th May 2019, 11:57   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Some of the Heavy vehicles have started using this route over the Panipat- Kotputli as this is little shorter and Toll should also be less.

Good Alternate for Gurgaon users

Sharing my own experience from yesterday while returning from Chandigarh, Ambala- Delhi highway was a mess as on every Sunday/ Holiday. All Tolls were choked. Delhi would have been no exception, so even though Google predicted same or little longer time via the new Western Peripheral road, I continued on WPE. We need to take left beyond the cut for Eastern Peripheral road. Though there is signage it's a shame that there are no Lights at this important changeover. Once on the highway, you don't feel you are in India or at least in North India Highway is superb and less traffic, a mix of Truck and cars. There is an Exit before Manesar around Badli with clear signage showing exit for Gurgaon. The connecting road is 4 Laned, for the most part, bottleneck being one village I believe but nothing major. There are some occasional speed breakers on this link - 4 laned road though. I was able to reach in about One hour from Haveli- Murthal to Sector 22 with borderline expressway speeds
Thank you; this is very helpful.

I will be driving from Paonta Sahib to Gurgaon in about a week's time, and would like to take the WPE in order to avoid the traffic in Delhi. Have you, or anyone else, traveled on this route recently? Are there any petrol pumps or stop-over points (for food, refreshments, etc.) on this route? I'll be travelling alone so any pointers on things like specific turns to avoid/take, presence of traffic police and road conditions will be very helpful.
Old 9th May 2019, 12:37   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_trivedi View Post
I will be driving from Paonta Sahib to Gurgaon in about a week's time, and would like to take the WPE in order to avoid the traffic in Delhi.
I regularly use this route but only when I have to pass Delhi during peak times, early morning/ late nights the usual route via Delhi works best. Further to WPE joining at Kundli, NH is a mess till Panipat so sometimes I take the exit for Rohtak at WPE and via the new Delhi-Rohtak highway join the Behror-Panipat road before Rohtak. Though this route is longer and tolled but at certain times, this is a faster option. Depending on the time you start from Gurgaon, you should pick your route. And, there are no Petrol pumps or Food stops at WPE at this time. The speed limit is 120 so there are no Traps. Best will be to use google maps, if it says around the same time or a little longer via WPE, pick up the expressway. Take the Delhi route if the difference is more like 15 minutes plus.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 15:20   #88
BHPian

Hello there,

I just drove down from Dehradun to Gurgaon (via Paonta Sahib/Yamunanagar/Karnal) and took the WPE - or KMP expressway - to avoid the traffic in Delhi. Thought I'll jot down my observations and experience.

If you are driving south from Karnal (towards Delhi) then you will see the exits for both EPE (KGP expressway) and WPE come up after Sonepat. Both exits will be to your left. The signage for the EPE exit is much more noticeable. However, I almost missed the signage for WPE exit as, annoyingly, there was a pole of sorts right in front of it making it completely blocked from my vision. So, if you want to take the WPE then keep left as soon as you see the EPE exit; you should (hopefully) see the WPE exit right after the EPE exit.

The road condition on WPE, as already pointed out on this forum, is quite good. You collect a toll ticket at the first toll booth you cross. You have to give this ticket to the operator at the toll where you leave the expressway, who will scan it and tell you how much you have to pay depending on where you joined the expressway. Total amount charged to me from Kundli to Gurgaon was Rs. 90.00.

The exit for Gurgaon is quite clearly marked on WPE and you can't miss it. After you take this exit, the road stays four-laned till you reach a village. However, one side of the road (going towards Gurgaon) is quite damaged in places, which causes most vehicles from that road to take the road on the other side. This is obviously not ideal but understandable, especially for those not travelling in a vehicle with good ground clearance. My experience on this entire road (after exiting from WPE) was quite horrible, to be honest - bad enough for me to consider not taking the Gurgaon exit from the expressway in future. Of course, things might improve in the coming weeks/months.

So, next time I take the WPE to go to Gurgaon, I will probably go till Manesar and take the exit to enter the Delhi-Jaipur highway, then drive 'back' to Gurgaon. This is a longer route, I know, but hopefully will offer much better comfort throughout. If anyone has already done this then feel free to update this forum with your experience.

Thanks.

Last edited by c_trivedi : 29th May 2019 at 15:29. Reason: Grammar
c_trivedi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 15:33   #89
BHPian

Hello again,

Just wanted to add more info on my post above.

I drove on the WPE from Gurgaon all the way to Kundli over the weekend and this time I first drove west on Delhi-Jaipur highway towards Manesar and then joined the expressway from the highway. Total time it took for me to cover the stretch once I was on the expressway was about 1 hour 10 minutes (I don't drive very fast) and total toll I paid for one way was Rs. 135.00. I took the same route while coming back to Gurgaon. Overall, I found this route way better than the one which you can take to enter/exit the expressway near Badli. Note that there are no petrol pumps or eating joints along the expressway. (There are washrooms at the toll plazas though.)

One small but important thing to note: although 99% of the stretch between Manesar and Kundli is in top condition, there are occasional patches of broken roads, especially as you near Kundli. These don't bother truckers too much but for folks in hatchbacks and sedans it's better to keep an eye out for these. I found these hazardous as I had to immediately slow down from 80-85 km/h and change lanes accordingly. There are very few of these patches though and hopefully these will get repaired soon, so don't let this put you off taking the expressway! Just don't nod-off while driving

Hope this was useful. Safe driving
Old 8th July 2021, 10:43   #90
Team-BHP Support

I recently used the KMP expressway while coming back to Delhi from Chandigarh, as an alternate to avoid the farmer's protest. Sonipat to Dwarka expressway was a breeze.

However, I could not find any speed limit indications. What is the speed limit here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks