Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 11:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Anyone entering the city post 9 PM was guaranteed not to leave before 10:30 PM, lets see if this has reduced now.
I used to reach the flyover between at 8-8:30(leaving chdg at arnd 4.30-5 and was able to finally touch the outer ring road at 9:30-10.
It was a Nightmare.

Has anyone used this stretch after opening of the flyover? I think that the Jams at the T-Junction of Transport Nagar would have not allowed to remove the Jams completely but the travel time(read the wating period) would have surely come down by atleast 30-45 minutes.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:23   #17
BHPian

Let me only reply.....
The Flyover is fully functional now and the time spent on the stretch is now mere 15 Minutes instead of 1hr - 1hr 15mins.
Thank God!!!
Old 9th March 2009, 13:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

I second what achopraa has said.
I just came back from Chandigarh yesterday night and the flyover after the Transport Nagar is fully operational and shaves atleast 1 hour.
No stoppage, well lit road, driving was a charm there.
Was there at around 8.45pm and no jams nothing.

No with the Panipat flyover fully operational and this transport nagar flyover done driving on NH1 is a pleasure once again
Old 9th March 2009, 23:13   #19
BHPian

I am a regular visitor to Himachal/ Punjab, Transport Nagar (Mukarba) chowk is now a breeze. I would appreciate if NHAI pulls up contractors working between Delhi- Panipat. About 4-6 flyovers/ grade seperators are yet to be built along with bye pass to Kondli border strech.
Old 10th March 2009, 20:39   #20
BHPian

Yep, same experience with me when I entered the city around 21:15. Earlier this time was the worst ... but now we were out in 10 mins.

Now they must paint lanes on the road from Sonepat onwards till the chowk - the highway is very wide but feels dangerous and haphazard because of vehicles dancing on the road in the darkness.

Any idea whats the reason behind the multitude of semi constructed flyovers on that stretch? I see no machinery or men on the sites for several years now... whats the holdup?
Old 19th October 2009, 18:03   #21
BHPian

Got to drive a bit in Delhi Gurgaon recently, some notes:

> For long time two flyovers were under construction on Outer Ring Road between IIT gate and airport. Now one is complete and the only one looks 65% done. Drive was a breeze with at least 2 intersections passed on the flyover. The construction eqpt and barriers have been removed with result that the outer ring road has 4 lanes on each side!

> Airport connectivity is really good now with majority traffic flowing thru Dwarka intersection but rest from South Delhi, Faridabad and perhaps Noida can try coming fromn outer ring road. Nelson Mandela marg has to be the most straight + widest road in Delhi. You can go well over 120 kmph+ depending on your car (watch your speedo!).

> Airport parking seems to have been sorted out with a large new plot with marked out parking spots. Terminal 3 is coming along beautifully. Thanks CWG but I really hope rest of the infra also comes along in time. There are a lot of worries on the actual stadiums that will host the games.

> Ggn Expressway was as usual a boring straight drive. Noticed two wheeler wallas sneaking onto the highway from the exits. Bhagwan Dilli ke driver ko kuch samjhao. There are warnings everywhere for cash payers not to go into Tag only lanes.

> Metro construction on Mehrauli Gurgaon road is done with no barriers and construction equipment on the road level. But the road is very bumpy and without any unpainted lanes. This road has a great potential - but needs a proper levelling.

> Parking @ Gurgaon: well what to say here ... but they really need to provide cheap parking in large open parking plots instead hoping everybody will go park inside the mall.
Old 19th October 2009, 18:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
....One project that really excites me is the upcoming KMP highway, which along with the eastern peripheral highway will make a new ring road around Delhi. No doubts the city will eventually expand to reach this ring as well.....
+1, The project is named as lifeline of Haryana!

Thought this info on KMP expressway might be useful.
The zero km starts from Kundli, there will be toll plazas at all entry/exit points ( a total of 10 toll plazas )
Major crossings:
NH-10 crossed at 35 km about 12 km towards Rohtak from Bahadurgarh.
NH-8 crossed at 86 km about 3 km towards Jaipur from Manesar
NH-71 ( Sohna - Alwar) crossed at 100 km
NH-2 Crossed at Palwal - 135 km

Work is on in full swing at all sections of this 135 km road.
Once completed, the entire section can be covered in 1 hour 15 min.
Planned completion was Jul 2009. The concessionaire is still hoping for Oct- Nov 2010.
IMO, overall work shall be completed by April 2011, major hiccup is ROB ( rail over bridges) on Ambala, Rohtak & Rewari lines, for which railways is demanding a unique design espesially on DEL- Ambala section ( as a bullet train between DEL- CHANDIGARH is planned by 2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So it will be completed by 2050?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Tanveer - Not 2050, you gotta be a bit more fair , I'd bet 2025
IMO, the work should be complete by Apr 2011, Palwal - Manesar section will open first.

Last edited by breezydrive : 19th October 2009 at 18:24.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Woah! With the kms Delhi logs as far as the road network is concerned, this thread seems to be superbly malnourished.

How about the one half opening of the Naraina flyover? Everyone who has ever traveled North Delhi to South Delhi hates that stretch. Although the opening has reduced time by removing the waiting at Naraina factor, I feel that the current setup is much too unsafe.

First, its basically the stretch meant for traffic coming from the other side. So it has parts where the road gets narrow. These parts in the original configuration would mean the road widening progressively.
Now give Delhi-ites a bottleneck and they will jam it for 5 hours.
Another problem with the flyover is the fact that buses halt at the mouth of the flyover which has its mouth already continuing from a bend.

Opinions...
Old 25th November 2009, 11:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Woah! With the kms Delhi logs as far as the road network is concerned, this thread seems to be superbly malnourished.

How about the one half opening of the Naraina flyover? Everyone who has ever traveled North Delhi to South Delhi hates that stretch. Although the opening has reduced time by removing the waiting at Naraina factor, I feel that the current setup is much too unsafe.

First, its basically the stretch meant for traffic coming from the other side. So it has parts where the road gets narrow. These parts in the original configuration would mean the road widening progressively.
Now give Delhi-ites a bottleneck and they will jam it for 5 hours.
Another problem with the flyover is the fact that buses halt at the mouth of the flyover which has its mouth already continuing from a bend.

Opinions...
And, add to that, there is a speed-bump right in middle of the flyover that slows down the traffic.

But, the opening of the Naraina flyover has reduced my travel time from North Delhi to Gurgaon by atleast 15-20 mins. I'm waiting for the other side to open as soon as possible.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

The speed bump had been pulled out when I last traveled, only a few bits remain. People have a habit of speeding on that particular flyover.

I wonder why?
Old 25th November 2009, 18:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
+1, The project is named as lifeline of Haryana!
IMO, overall work shall be completed by April 2011, major hiccup is ROB ( rail over bridges) on Ambala, Rohtak & Rewari lines, for which railways is demanding a unique design espesially on DEL- Ambala section ( as a bullet train between DEL- CHANDIGARH is planned by 2020)
I must confirm that this is absolutely true. The biggest problem is the rail over bridges because it seems Indian Railways want to award the contract themselves. This is what I last heard from some of the guys I know in Delhi and Haryana. I'm not too confident that the three ROBs will be able to keep pace with the rest of the project if the contracts are separately given
Old 26th November 2009, 09:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

What about the Delhi Outer right road NH1 flyover to Delhi border stretch. Its a mess, and construction on these 20kms has been going on for 5 years now, with no completion in sight.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:21   #28
BHPian

I guess you are talking about the stretch from Karnal by-pass junction towards Narela. That is definitely not showing good progress and it has been like that for a long time. The contractor is a guy called Kundu as far as my knowledge goes. Hope he can pull up his socks or should we form a T-BHP team and meet him
Old 26th November 2009, 12:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
I guess you are talking about the stretch from Karnal by-pass junction towards Narela. That is definitely not showing good progress and it has been like that for a long time. The contractor is a guy called Kundu as far as my knowledge goes. Hope he can pull up his socks or should we form a T-BHP team and meet him
i had read somewhere that NHAI has floated tender for this stretch quite a few times, but not contractor comes forward to complete this stretch.

something seems really fishy with this stretch.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
i had read somewhere that NHAI has floated tender for this stretch quite a few times, but not contractor comes forward to complete this stretch.

something seems really fishy with this stretch.
Highly probable that it may be a tough section but I think Kundu has started the work. That is what I observed last time I passed that way. That was mid-last month

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks