Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 11:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
This is first time i am hearing this . Well u can use tirpal but its very heavy and might leave minute scratchs on the body.
You can put the parachute material cover and on the top put tirpal.
Lets see what the dogs do with tirpal
Nice thought. But putting it up and removing it on daily basis will take a lot of time.

I cant imagine, after getting ready for office, i come down and have to remove those covers, I start early morning around 0700, so for that i get up at 0600 now if i have to do this then i think i will have get up by 0545.

It seems that it will be difficult for me, but can be tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I think you must try some stuffed toy looking like a dog-catcher or something and put it up there.
Now where would I find something like that and my friend its India and we are talking about Indian dogs, i think they wont spare the toy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Best solution is Put a Throned Bush. small one, on the roof for few days, so that the have no space to sleep, and dogs will leave the habit of sitting on top after some days. Also putting the water soaked cloth on the roof will help. Some of the weired solutions I have tried and works
Thorned bush, i have seen some of my neighbours using it, but i feel that thorns in itself may damage the paint.

Water soaked cloth seems to be the best idea so far, experts can the car metal and paint withstand a water soaked cloth on daily basis for at least 8 hours.

Bharat ji hope your SX4 is recovering well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Read this thread of mine, it has pictures of dogs on cars in my building with a detailed account.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ar-worlds.html
Nice write up humyum, but for sure you are better politician then what i am, it will be difficult for me.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

even dog's have good taste, instead of below the car, above the car! Soon they would come and ask you for keys and sleep inside, make sure you have nice leather upholstery in there!
Old 26th February 2009, 13:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sprinkle some chilli powder on the roof....

Ok, ok, all Maneka Gandhi acolytes, I'm ready for the slugfest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
What to do yaar.

Guys please suggest something, how this be avoided.
Old 26th February 2009, 13:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Do I now see Bubbu visiting the Delhi Zoo to collect the poo....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Dogs can be dissuaded by strong smells, I remember reading somewhere that tiger or lion poo really scares dogs away !
Old 26th February 2009, 13:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

How about a photo of the famous actor in his Kutte ... main tera khoon pi jaoonga pose?
Old 26th February 2009, 14:33   #21
BANNED

Hey look at the +ve side, no thief will ever come close to your car

Put a nice mat on the bonnet and let the sleeping dogs lie.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:13   #22
BHPian

I am using the tirpal (green military kind of material)to cover indica, It takes time but its effective not a single scratch from animal claws. I can promise on this coz One of our neighbor has a cat who plays whole day on my car and our next neighbor has a dog who always jumps as soon as he seen this cat; my car used to be the battle ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Hey look at the +ve side, no thief will ever come close to your car
Quote:
Dogs can be dissuaded by strong smells, I remember reading somewhere that tiger or lion poo really scares dogs away ! I'm guessing pepper or chilli-powder would also help.
Bubby why don't you try the way it was done by "Lucky" (Oye Lucky - lucky Oye Movie) then certainly the dog wont come near your car but can certainly come near you. For this activity also you have to wake up at 6.45.
Just for laugh: No hard feelings.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:28   #23
BHPian

Try to keep your car covered, it can help. I remember when we bought our first car Maruti 800 Deluxe in 1984-85, we used to live in Gulabi Bagh area. There street dogs used to have sports event using our car. They used to run, jump from bonnet and then jump down from back. This even used to go for few min. Then they take some rest on top and then disappear. There is no option other then keep car sun facing or keep it covered. Generally in summers they use roof top for rest in shades, otherwise they go under the car for some shade.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:32   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Recently I am facing this problem with Peacocks instead of Dogs. My place in Gurgaon have lots and lots of peacocks which jump from one car to other and leave scartch marks.
I would love to have pictures of peacocks making both hanky and panky (no not that mad guy from Rohini) on your car.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

try this.

at night, on roof of car,put one bujgawana[ its marathi name, don't know in english].
bujgawana is manlike structure made with various junk items by farmers to threaten birds in the farm.
you can collect the bujgawana in the morning and put it in car dicky to use in the night.
experiment this and put the results with pics at this thread.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:59   #26
BHPian

Is this feature specific to Delhi -- I sincerely wish they dont visit their relatives elsewhere and spread this habit.

LOL @ SAM -- hope Jenny is not reading this
Old 27th February 2009, 13:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
try this.

at night, on roof of car,put one bujgawana[ its marathi name, don't know in english].
bujgawana is manlike structure made with various junk items by farmers to threaten birds in the farm.
you can collect the bujgawana in the morning and put it in car dicky to use in the night.
It is 'scare-crow'... the stuffed man... a scare-dog that looks like a cop with a Laati in his hand.. should work better..

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 27th February 2009 at 13:59.
Old 27th February 2009, 13:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
try this.

Its Scare-crow... the stuffed man...
A scare-dog should look like a stuffed cop with a Laati in hand...

mods - dont know how to delete double entry... please remove one of these 2 posts.. Sorry for this mess...

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 27th February 2009 at 14:00.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bubby, the dogs have probably included your car within their territory

Dogs can be dissuaded by strong smells, I remember reading somewhere that tiger or lion poo really scares dogs away ! I'm guessing pepper or chilli-powder would also help.

P.S. - I sincerely hope the canines in Chennai don't pick up on this !
Poooooosss of Lion or Tiger. I am just thinking about the author of the article you read.

I think chilli powder is a better bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I had the same issue with one bloody dog when I used to stay in E Block GKII - ruined the roof of my Ikon. Had it painted but the mutt didn't give up - started climbing again.

Finally bought one of those toy pistols which fire pellets. Took a few nice pellets over a period of a couple of months before he stopped.

(Now, please don't pounce on me, I like dogs myself but this one was the pits!)
Sorry to hear about the damage, its actually very annoying.

Toy pistols are a good idea, I hope they dont take revenge on me.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:50   #30
BHPian

Do what we do about Monkey's in Shimla as we have more of them than dogs in Delhi. Place some thorny bushes over a rag or a car cover on the bonet and the roof. You will just need to do that on the bonet as dogs cannot jump on the the roof unlike monkeys. I used to do that regularly as i had to straighten the roof of my 800 every mornig from inside as the monkey's would jump over it and dent it everyday. Finding thorny bushes in kalkaji may be another story.

Last edited by bhogalrajnish : 27th February 2009 at 14:52. Reason: spell check

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks