Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2015, 17:33   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: The Yellow Sticker Shakedown In Gujarat Update: Rule abolished from March 2, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Why would you want to remove anyways .
Heh not me anyways. That was a tip for visitors to this part of the country. I will have to keep it as long as I am here.

As for the white reflective stickers, it has become a norm for all the new cars to have them stuck at the front and rear bumpers. I've seen the red ones on a few cars as well. I am not really sure who's sticking these though - the RTO or the dealership.
Old 20th May 2015, 12:33   #122
Team-BHP Support

re: The Yellow Sticker Shakedown In Gujarat Update: Rule abolished from March 2, 2015

Kumar Sir, quoting your post from the travelogue thread to avoid OT posts there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The Yellow sticker rule is no more there in GJ. IT went last year itself.
So, do the cops in Ahmedabad and other regions don't harass anymore? The dealerships here still apply the yellow stickers and a red reflective sticker on the tailgate as well (though this isn't compulsory).
Old 20th May 2015, 13:57   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Kumar Sir, quoting your post from the travelogue thread to avoid OT posts there.

So, do the cops in Ahmedabad and other regions don't harass anymore? The dealerships here still apply the yellow stickers and a red reflective sticker on the tailgate as well (though this isn't compulsory).
While I type this sitting here in Rajkot, I checked with my relative and he says the rule is very much alive. He works for a Hyundai dealership since Jan 2015 and says all the cars delivered from the dealership even today have the Yellow sticker as part of the "Package".

Last February when I was driving out of Ahmedabad for Bangalore on a Monday noon, at one of the narrow diversions on SP Ring Road to make way for overbridge, I noticed many cops flagging down cars and bikes. I was belted and so was my father. I had the yellow sticker as well. The cops could notice this from a distance and I could guess when he looked at the headlight bending his head.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 21:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is apparently the newspaper report of Mar 2, whereby the yellow sticker rule was abolished:

The Yellow Sticker Shakedown In Gujarat Update: Rule abolished from March 2, 2015-10413340_10205177545909692_7669903311203293000_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
While I type this sitting here in Rajkot, I checked with my relative and he says the rule is very much alive. He works for a Hyundai dealership since Jan 2015 and says all the cars delivered from the dealership even today have the Yellow sticker as part of the "Package".

Last February when I was driving out of Ahmedabad for Bangalore on a Monday noon, at one of the narrow diversions on SP Ring Road to make way for overbridge, I noticed many cops flagging down cars and bikes. I was belted and so was my father. I had the yellow sticker as well. The cops could notice this from a distance and I could guess when he looked at the headlight bending his head.
Surprising! None of our friends have been harassed ever since by GJ cps travelling on the GQ, through A'bad city and rest of GJ.
hvkumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 22:13   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Surprising! None of our friends have been harassed ever since by GJ cps travelling on the GQ, through A'bad city and rest of GJ.
This was in February. So may be then the cops did.

But from your report I believe things should be at ease now. I exited NE1 and entered SP Ring Road only around 1am. This time neither were Traffic cops present nor the usual Naka bandi which I passed almost every alternate round about on Ring road.

I may have to show this report to him so that he ensures this is heard by the dealership too.

May be notice these stickers on few other brand new cars like Lodgy to ascertain if stickers are simply pasted by the dealership turning a blind eye to the relaxation of rule.

Here's the translation of the Article HVK Posted above -

"Due to the brightness emitted from the headlamps of Cars, drivers inside cars from the opposite direction would get blinded resulting in increase in the number of accidents.
To reduce the accident rate due to this Gujarat Govt had introduced compulsory Yellow Sticker and Black Dot rule on headlamps way back in 1989.A fine of Rs 200 for not abiding by this rule and almost 1 Lac offences would have made the RTOs wallet heavier than you imagined.
Around 2 Crores is what the RTO would make but off late newer cars are using latest technology for Automotive lighting making this rule illogical. As well, many cars started to come with Cap over the headlight bulbs. Hence the transport commissioner decided to get rid of this rule and effective March the rule is no longer in place"

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th May 2015 at 22:27.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:08   #126
BHPian

Parag, what is the date of that article, please?
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:07   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Parag, what is the date of that article, please?
Pic says "Ahmedabad Date 2".

Assuming to be March 02 2015.
Old 22nd May 2015, 17:18   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Heh not me anyways. That was a tip for visitors to this part of the country. I will have to keep it as long as I am here.
I am from Bangalore and put this sticker when I drove to GJ last year. I don't need it anymore but kept it as I kind of started liking the look of the yellow strip on my dark car. I flaunt it
Old 22nd May 2015, 19:40   #129
BHPian

I have done couple of pune delhi trips and every time i would cross Ahmedabad around 1 or 2 am. But on one occasion i started late from pune and estimated crossing Ahmedabad around 8 am. As a precaution i pasted a red electric tape. Only one which i had in my car for repairs. Interestingly i was stopped by a inspector at a toll just before Ahmedabad. He flagged me after I paid my toll, I thought it was for checking papers. But the inspector asked me to step out and pointed at the half pasted red sticker and smiled. I told him since I was travelling through GJ so hurriedly put what I had. He asked me how did I come to know about it, told him TBHP. The cop was cool said he usually visits the site and reads travelogues and other technical stuff. Told me to ensure compliance next time round and bid me bye. Ever since my electrical tape color has changed to yellow for cars.
Ushuaia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 20:41   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
He asked me how did I come to know about it, told him TBHP. The cop was cool said he usually visits the site and reads travelogues and other technical stuff.
Lakhs of Mumbai Registered cars have these Yellow Sticker. Same is the case with a lot of Rajasthan cars as well. Not to forget long haul trucks which have these stickers all the times.

All these categories make a regular entry and exit in and out of Gujarat that even cops know that only very few cars are not aware of this rule. No onlinr queries but plain word of mouth information sharing.

Interesting to know that the cop was a keen follower of Team-bhp and even was curious as to how you got to know about this rule!!
Old 21st July 2015, 20:11   #131
BHPian

Re: The Yellow Sticker Shakedown In Gujarat Update: Rule abolished from March 2, 2015

I am planning to make a road trip to Gujarat and Rajasthan during Diwali vacations this year. My car is MH registered. Shall i still need to stick these yellow tapes on my car's lights ?
Old 21st July 2015, 23:38   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Yellow Sticker Shakedown In Gujarat Update: Rule abolished from March 2, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
I am planning to make a road trip to Gujarat and Rajasthan during Diwali vacations this year. My car is MH registered. Shall i still need to stick these yellow tapes on my car's lights ?
During my uttrakhand trip while crossing ahmedabad, I was stopped by Gujarat police for a check. They just asked me for the documents and didn't ask for the yellow sticker.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 07:37   #133
BHPian

It's great to see this archaic law has been abolished! It absolutely did not make sense since the thin strip did not reduce/stop glare in any way! Luckily for me I've visited Gujarat twice this year and not once was I stopped / fined for the yellow sticker!
Old 22nd July 2015, 07:44   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
The yellow tapes certainly don't make any sense but I would still advise you to stick it so that you are not harassed by the cops there, more so if Ahmedabad is also a part of your trip. Also make sure you have a valid PUC certificate.
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:51   #135
BHPian

This is really confusing. Why cant we have the same rules across the country. This is nothing but another weapon in the hands of police for harassment. I am feeling like I will be travelling to another country. Only visa is left now

Moderator's Note: Please avoid typing posts with dots... like... this...

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd July 2015 at 10:04.

Most Viewed