Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 18:24   #91
BHPian

re: The Yellow Sticker Shakedown In Gujarat Update: Rule abolished from March 2, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I was not aware of the sticker shape etc except that its a sticker yellow in color and we just pasted one yellow sticker as in pic.

We were stopped at RJ-GJ boarder by police for regular checking and crossed Ahmedabad city in the afternoon without any issues. Now I wonder how bad was my sticker
you have putted the yellow sticker very nicely.

You are fortunate enough, to pass Ahmedabad city without any trouble. Coz, Ahmedabad city traffic cops are harassing more comparing to other city cops in Gujarat.
Old 5th October 2012, 19:19   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomshree

you have putted the yellow sticker very nicely.

You are fortunate enough, to pass Ahmedabad city without any trouble. Coz, Ahmedabad city traffic cops are harassing more comparing to other city cops in Gujarat.
I and other members have repeated before this thread that cops generally do not harass out of state cars, not even in Ahmedabad. If you are stopped, just let cops know that you are traveling thru state.
Old 5th October 2012, 22:31   #93
BHPian

re: The Yellow Sticker Shakedown In Gujarat Update: Rule abolished from March 2, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
I and other members have repeated before this thread that cops generally do not harass out of state cars, not even in Ahmedabad. If you are stopped, just let cops know that you are traveling thru state.
My experience was bit different. I have been 9 years there in Gujarat & traveled a lot with DL registration car. In my opinion Vadodra & Surat cops are better than Ahmedabad traffic police on particular yellow sticker case.
Old 24th December 2012, 17:46   #94
BHPian

Hmm... It seems the cops can catch you even if you are in a non-GJ car.

I am going to be driving through Gujarat on my way from Delhi to Pune very soon. Guess I had better rig up some yellow tape or something before I leave. Just on the outer edge of the right main beam light, eh? Is there any rule on how thick (broad) it has to be?

I hope Rajasthan and Maharashtra don't have any such rule!
Old 24th December 2012, 18:33   #95
BHPian

We were stopped by the Ahmedabad police for the yellow sticker.
Was there for four days, travelling in an MH regd i20. Had to cough up 200 bucks.

@Pacifica - there is no such rule in MH.
Old 26th December 2012, 14:36   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
Hmm... It seems the cops can catch you even if you are in a non-GJ car.

I am going to be driving through Gujarat on my way from Delhi to Pune very soon. Guess I had better rig up some yellow tape or something before I leave. Just on the outer edge of the right main beam light, eh? Is there any rule on how thick (broad) it has to be?
You can stick a 1" tape on the left corner of the left headlight. If its a combo light i.e. a single sealed beam with side light & main light in one, then you have to stick the tape on the left corner of the main light.
You can overlap small tapes to make the band wider of about 1".
Old 20th December 2013, 12:59   #97
BHPian

Hello
I had an experience during my Rajasthan tour. Traffic police caught me on the exit point of Ahmedabad Ring road. Started asking for PUC, Licence etc.

Then finally he asked me where is the yellow stripe? I thought he was asking why the yellow sticker of Team-BHP on the rear. First time i realized this yellow tape to be there on the headlight.

So, whether the same issue still there or discontinued? I am traveling to Gujarat tomorrow, so should i stick on my Honda city beam. If so where i will get it and where to stick? Please help.

Thanks and regards
Subrat
Old 20th December 2013, 13:11   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Hello
I had an experience during my Rajasthan tour. Traffic police caught me on the exit point of Ahmedabad Ring road. Started asking for PUC, Licence etc.

Then finally he asked me where is the yellow stripe? I thought he was asking why the yellow sticker of Team-BHP on the rear. First time i realized this yellow tape to be there on the headlight.

So, whether the same issue still there or discontinued? I am traveling to Gujarat tomorrow, so should i stick on my Honda city beam. If so where i will get it and where to stick? Please help.

Thanks and regards
Subrat
Buy yellow electrical tape, and stick it on the right side of right headlight.
Problem solved.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 13:25   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am traveling to Gujarat tomorrow, so should i stick on my Honda city beam. If so where i will get it and where to stick?
Automotive spare shops/car accessory shops in the city will usually stock these stickers. It has to be stuck on the right corner of the driver-side headlamp.

This is how it is done - Link 1, Link 2.

You can stick an insulation tape as well like this - Link 3, Link 4.

Honestly, I have no idea why this retarded rule is in place! This is enforced only in Gujarat AFAIK and this sticker doesn't help a bit in blocking the high beam (or any beam) to the vehicles plying in the opposite lane. So far, I haven't been pulled over by cops here for not having this sticker. It has been 2+ months after I took the delivery of the car. Also did a trip to Ahmedabad during October.

If a masking tape would do the job, that will be good although I am not sure if it helps. At least it wouldn't leave that sticky residue behind!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th December 2013 at 13:30.
Old 20th December 2013, 14:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Buy yellow electrical tape, and stick it on the right side of right headlight.
Problem solved.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Automotive spare shops/car accessory shops in the city will usually stock these stickers. It has to be stuck on the right corner of the driver-side headlamp.

This is how it is done - Link 1, Link 2.

You can stick an insulation tape as well like this - Link 3, Link 4.

Honestly, I have no idea why this retarded rule is in place! This is enforced only in Gujarat AFAIK and this sticker doesn't help a bit in blocking the high beam (or any beam) to the vehicles plying in the opposite lane. So far, I haven't been pulled over by cops here for not having this sticker. It has been 2+ months after I took the delivery of the car. Also did a trip to Ahmedabad during October.

If a masking tape would do the job, that will be good although I am not sure if it helps. At least it wouldn't leave that sticky residue behind!
Thank you so much.
I have already bought a yellow 1" cello tape. Only worry is whether the sticky residue can be removed post Gujarat trip.
As, i am not going to Ahmedabad directly but will take a left turn from Karjan to Velavadar National Park, so thinking should i take a chance of not sticking it, tough, it will be there with me.
?
Old 20th December 2013, 14:23   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
so thinking should i take a chance of not sticking it, tough, it will be there with me.
Nah just have it stuck. The cops here can be a major pain! And they will pull you over despite having all the necessary documents; there is no point in arguing with them. They will waste your time and energy. And you will end up paying a petty fine for nothing!

The residue can be removed by rubbing a cloth sprayed with some WD40.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th December 2013 at 14:25.
Old 20th December 2013, 14:41   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Nah just have it stuck. The cops here can be a major pain! And they will pull you over despite having all the necessary documents; there is no point in arguing with them. They will waste your time and energy. And you will end up paying a petty fine for nothing!

The residue can be removed by rubbing a cloth sprayed with some WD40.
Done. I will do it. You are right, why to take chance and should not waste my time.
Old 20th December 2013, 16:38   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you so much.

Thank you so much.
I have already bought a yellow 1" cello tape. Only worry is whether the sticky residue can be removed post Gujarat trip.
As, i am not going to Ahmedabad directly but will take a left turn from Karjan to Velavadar National Park, so thinking should i take a chance of not sticking it, tough, it will be there with me.
?
If you can find a Honda dealership on the highway in gujarat, you can ask them to stick the yellow tape.

The advantage with those yellow dealership headlamp sticker is that it can be easily removed later. It leaves minimum residue, which can be easily removed using colin ir sny other glass cleaner. Trust me, I removed the yellow headlamp sticker on my i20 when we moved to mangalore from gujarat and I had no difficulty removing the sticker.
Old 21st December 2013, 15:24   #104
BHPian

I removed this ugly yellow lamp sticker from all my cars since 1 year. Off late, I have not seen cops pulling over cars for this yellow sticker. Now their focus has changed as they only check for sun control film (dark or light or whatever) - and they are pretty vigilant.

Last edited by KkVaidya : 21st December 2013 at 15:25.
Old 21st December 2013, 18:30   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Do stick the yellow tape. The Ahmedabad ring road cops only stop the out of state cars. Even inside Ahmedabad city, I have seen them stop only outstation number cars for sun films. They have stopped me twice even though my films are/were within legal limits and hence very light. At the same time they let all local cars go on which have jet black tints.
So do get the yellow tape. Any tape will do.

Most Viewed