Team-BHP - Holiday options from Hyderabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Holiday options from Hyderabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/54776-holiday-options-hyderabad.html)

Hi,

I am planning a family vacation during summer holidays - probably between Apr 4th week and May 4th week.

I would really appreciate some ideas on the places (within India), must-do's at those places and suggestions about organizing the logistics. So far I have finalized the following aspects of this vacation:

Overal duration of tour: 7-8 days
Size of touring party: me, spouse and my 6 year old son (I would, of course, be very happy if any families from Hyderabad Team-BHP could join us on this tour)
Budget: Rs. 50-60K

I have so far shortlisted Nilgiris (Kodaikanal) and Himachal Pradesh.

Now let me hear from you guys...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagvasireddy (Post 1205568)
I am planning a family vacation during summer holidays - probably between Apr 4th week and May 4th week.
I have so far shortlisted Nilgiris (Kodaikanal) and Himachal Pradesh.

during may,
Simla is really hot. Look at last years report about Simla. Rest is Kullu-Manali with mad rush.

Nilgiris will be best option.
You can do it with Ooty, Munnar.
One can't stretch 6 days in Kodaikanal alone.

Hyderabad to Nilgiris is cheaper, and plus I found Ooty to be much better than Shimla and many North Indian hill stations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagvasireddy (Post 1205568)
Hi,

Overal duration of tour: 7-8 days
Size of touring party: me, spouse and my 6 year old son
Budget: Rs. 50-60K

nag had read in the papers on cox and kings having some great deals for kashmir.

8 days and 7 nights for inr 20 k per person.

you might want to see their website for details

now dont tell me you scared to go to kashmir( times have changed buddy):thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 1205664)
during may,
Simla is really hot. Look at last years report about Simla. Rest is Kullu-Manali with mad rush.

Nilgiris will be best option.
You can do it with Ooty, Munnar.
One can't stretch 6 days in Kodaikanal alone.

Yeah, I too heard that Simla is not good option. So I am thinking of Kullu-Manali-Dhramshala if it is a trip up north.

If it is to be Nilgiris, what are the options other than what you have mentioned? I heard that Ooty is a mad rush, whereas I visited Munnar last year. That leaves me with only Kodaikanal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal (Post 1205692)
having some great deals for kashmir.
now dont tell me you scared to go to kashmir( times have changed buddy)

@rajesh,
kashmir is good idea but......
looking at loksabha elections during that time, security in kashmir will ruin entire trip.

@Vasudeva - Thanks for your inputs. I have not visited many hillstations in South (except for Munnar) whereas I have toured a few hillstations in North (viz. Nainital, Mussorie, Dehradun and Binsar. As you said it would be cheaper to choose a place in South (traveling from Hyderabad). Can you suggest any hills stations in South other than the Nilgiris?

@Nagvasireddy: Why don't you try Sikkim or North-East states? Munnar in May would be starting to become humid.

+1 to that.

Try Sikkim (Gangtok, Peiling-Pemiyangtse, Yungtham), North Bengal (Darjeeling/Kalimpong/Jaldapara), you can even go to Bhutan - Phuntsholing just across the border.

BTW, this is wrong thread for queries.

You could also look at Uttaranchal...a Garhwal/Kumaon circuit - as beautiful as Himachal but not marketed as well.

Sorry - just saw that you've been to Kumaon. Garhwal is beautiful at this time of the year too.

I would suggest you visit in and around shimoga and coorg in karnataka, its an awesome place, you can possibly cover all of these places (lot of variety toooo)

1. joke falls (shimoga),
2. 3-4 dams (in shimoga as well as coorg)
3. kabini wildlife sanctuary,
4. tala cauvery (coorg)
5. tibetian monastries

to name a few

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindamray (Post 1205770)
+1 to that.

Try Sikkim (Gangtok, Peiling-Pemiyangtse, Yungtham), North Bengal (Darjeeling/Kalimpong/Jaldapara), you can even go to Bhutan - Phuntsholing just across the border.

BTW, this is wrong thread for queries.

Make that +2. That is a beautiful part of India. Whether Sikkim and/or Bhutan, you will not regret it.

down south, apart from the hillstations already mentioned, I cannot think of any (Ooty/ Coonoor, Kodai, and Munnar). Coorg is one, but it will be hot out there. Else, for a truly exotic vacation, giev Rajesh's suggestion a whirl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amip (Post 1205777)
You could also look at Uttaranchal...a Garhwal/Kumaon circuit - as beautiful as Himachal but not marketed as well.

Sorry - just saw that you've been to Kumaon. Garhwal is beautiful at this time of the year too.

Yes, Uttarakhand indeed was very beautiful. Been to Jim corbett also, but did not see any tigers:D

Which places in Garhwal would you recommend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindamray (Post 1205770)

Yes, I am aware of the exotic locales in North-East and North Bengal - I worked in Durgapur (W.B) for a few years. But considering the logistics and food, I don't think it will be very convinient for a tour with family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajsh (Post 1205784)
I would suggest you visit in and around shimoga and coorg in karnataka, its an awesome place, you can possibly cover all of these places (lot of variety toooo)

1. joke falls (shimoga),
2. 3-4 dams (in shimoga as well as coorg)
3. kabini wildlife sanctuary,
4. tala cauvery (coorg)
5. tibetian monastries

Thanks gajsh. Would weather be a problem in those areas in summer? I was thinking Coorg is a "cool" place to visit in Summer till Anurag suggested otherwise.

Hi Nag,

The best Hill station I have visited in India is Manali, but I went in October. There is lots to do in Manali and you will be kept occupied for a whole week.

If you go North in late April or early May they will not be crowded as schools close later in the North.

Besides Ooty & Kodai, you could look at Yercaud & Conoor in TN.

There is also Thekaddy.

Horsley hills and Tyda (Visakhapatnam) in AP. (More like ant-hill though).

MP has Pachmarhi - rather nice and filled with MPTDC hotels, but not much to do. MP and the Nagpur area have some nice wildlife camps.

The beaches can be nice for summer. Water is warm and afternoon sea-breezes are wonderful to doze off under the trees!

Will let you know if I think of more locations.

Cheers,

wagamon-thekkadi plan is good if you are looking for south trip.