Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 13:02   #106

Re: Do not tailgate and overtake! See what happened when an Indica did this with a Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
That's quite a wise thing you did, Rajesh.

A friend of mine gave me some very sound advise on how to handle tail-gaters and mindless and rash drivers on the road in general.

Just imagine that the person driving rash is your grandmother, or grandfather. This makes you feel instantly relaxed, and often puts a smile on your face. You'll then automatically slow down and let the numbskull go by making way for him.

This has worked EVERY TIME for me, and it also confuses some of the offensive drivers because I let him go and yet I've a huge grin on my face.

They can continue their rash driving with confusion, while I'm more composed and peaceful, watching the old woman ride away in a hie.

You can thank me later.
Kalashnikov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 15:38   #107
BHPian

Mad tailgaters like these are better let to pass.
You don't lose a thing or are not defeated when you let a cabbie pass.
That could have very well averted this accident rather than trying to teach him a 'lesson' about horse power! He isn't even educated! Come on

Last edited by Auto freak : 7th March 2013 at 15:47.
Old 7th March 2013, 16:30   #108
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do not tailgate and overtake! See what happened when an Indica did this with a Pa

Tailgating Incident (B'lore) - Safari Guy Cheated Death !!!

So, its a bright sunny morning at 8:00 AM. Morning rush hour traffic. School buses zooming through. Add to that all Heavy Vehicles (Trailers, Dumpers, JCBs', etc) adding to the pain.

I am in the right most lane because I am doing around 50kmph (Legal speed limit + Traffic). I come behind a trailer and cannot move left because of a school bus. Cannot move right because the HSR Layout flyover (B'lore) is coming up. I had to take the flyover, so I stick to my lane.

Suddenly a Black Safari (sounds scary too) comes up behind me and starts honking. I have nowhere to go, so I maintain speed and stay behind the trailer. At the foot of the flyover, there is a huge road width for vehicles to take the underpass or flyover.

So the Safari guy decides to overtake me from the right (legal) in an anticipation to squeeze between the trailer and me. But our speeds are pretty high (50kmph). And his would be easily around 70-80 kmph. He overtakes me from the right. For a nano-second I was relieved that he was going towards the underpass. But wait ! He tries to push into me to climb up the flyover !! I can't give up the speed because there is a speeding queue behind me !! And lo, he comes to a screeching halt just at the beginning of the sidewalls of the flyover (might be inches away) !!! The halt point turns dusty.

I look into the ORVM and see him stranded there, while all the vehicles behind me zoom past him. Felt a sense of relief that he didn't bang into the sidewall. Felt happy that he might have learnt a lesson.
But no, about 5-7 mins later he zooms past me from the left on the 3rd flyover from the incident spot !! I let him go, no eye contacts, no honking, no catching up with him. He wanted to commit suicide. I didn't.

Now all these happened within 8-10 seconds. Imagine what all can seconds do to someone !!

Here's a rough sketch of what happened:

Do not tailgate and overtake! See what happened when an Indica did this with a Palio.-1.jpg
Old 7th March 2013, 18:19   #109
BHPian

Not sure if this post belongs here or if it should go to 'road rage confession' thread but its more related to tailgating.

Happened a couple of weeks ago, on the old airport road. Normal day, so I thought, listening to the music, was enjoying driving in the less traffic on this road, slotted to 5th (its bliss, when both of this happens) and all of a sudden, from nowhere a white sumo (cabbie) honks like mad, to give way. Looking at the mirror, he is trying squeeze in the middle and he couldn't overtake from the left because of some 2 wheelers and auto, neither he could from the right, because I had nowhere to go. Just about a km or so, I was approaching a signal, where the traffic had stopped for those turning right and I had to slow down a little, as I was heading straight and I had to move to the left. This guy, was just going nuts and he was desperate to cut me somehow and wanted to overtake from the left. He couldn't & again started honking.

Firstly, he spoilt my mood by destroying those precious moments of me enjoying the drive and he is driving a like maniac, doing all the stunts (which is quite common to a cabbie)

I slowed down completely and pulled to the left and let him overtake. Then, I started to tailgate him and started honking just like he did but the Scorpio's horns were much more powerful than his. At first, he began speeding up, but slowed down a little near a junction. I caught up and started honking again. After a very short distance, he stopped on the left and gave a stare. Grinned and overtook him. He chased me again but not once he honked and ended up getting stuck behind a bus. One of those days, when your ego gets that turbo boost and most importantly, he turned my otherwise enjoyable drive to a fun filled drive.

Last edited by aviorp : 7th March 2013 at 18:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks