Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 10:39   #1561
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Is this the road which opens up near Aditya Sarovar (on the other side of the road) ...
No, we are talking about the other side of the link road, its on the side opposite to Quality Inn Pearl (nearby, not exactly) and same as Biodiversity Park.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 12:05   #1562
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

This is what I was talking about (highlighted in green):

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-hills.png
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 10:34   #1563
BHPian

Traffic restrictions announced today in view of the Friday prayers. All details in the below link:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ef=relatedNews
Old 12th August 2013, 21:33   #1564
BHPian

I have a cycle in one corner of the city that I'd like to take to another corner of the city. Does anyone here know if it is possible and permissible to carry a cycle in the vendor compartment of an MMTS train (non-peak hours) ?

The distance is 35km through dense city roads so I don't want to ride through them unless there are no alternatives.
Old 12th August 2013, 21:44   #1565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I have a cycle in one corner of the city that I'd like to take to another corner of the city. Does anyone here know if it is possible and permissible to carry a cycle in the vendor compartment of an MMTS train (non-peak hours) ?

The distance is 35km through dense city roads so I don't want to ride through them unless there are no alternatives.
Interesting question and I hope someone has the answer to it.

What I would suggest is to leave early in the morning. 35 kms is just about 2 hours of cycling.
Old 12th August 2013, 22:19   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
What I would suggest is to leave early in the morning. 35 kms is just about 2 hours of cycling.
Yes, that would be my second option. I've done about 40-45km a few times in the past but on nearly empty roads. I should also go and enquire at the ticket counter but I wonder what they'd have to say!
Old 14th August 2013, 17:34   #1567
BHPian

I am driving to Hyderabad from Bangalore tonight. If somebody has an update on traffic, situation (due to Telangana issue) please share..

Last edited by Twiny : 14th August 2013 at 17:35.
Old 20th August 2013, 23:21   #1568
Team-BHP Support

Is the ORR circle complete?

So if someone starts from one point can they come back to the same point without taking a U-Turn.
Old 21st August 2013, 01:49   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Is the ORR circle complete?
No, the stretch from Shamirpet to Ghatkesar isn't laid yet and from Ghatkesar to Pedda Amberpet, some part of it is laid I believe.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:12   #1570
BHPian

Guys. Will be driving down to Nalgonda tomorrow. I will start from Kondapur and on the way pick up some relatives from the airport and then proceed to Nalgonda. I know the ORR from Gachibowli to Airport. But maps suggest that after I pick them up, I can proceed towards Srisailam highway and rejoin ORR instead of going back to the Bangalore Highway entry to the ORR. My question is. Does the Srisailam highway connect to the main ORR or the Service road? Is it a straigtaway route or do I need to look out for anything specific? Pls suggest.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:31   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Guys. Will be driving down to Nalgonda tomorrow. I will start from Kondapur and on the way pick up some relatives from the airport and then proceed to Nalgonda. I know the ORR from Gachibowli to Airport. But maps suggest that after I pick them up, I can proceed towards Srisailam highway and rejoin ORR instead of going back to the Bangalore Highway entry to the ORR. My question is. Does the Srisailam highway connect to the main ORR or the Service road? Is it a straigtaway route or do I need to look out for anything specific? Pls suggest.
From airport arrival come down the ramp and at the roundabout take a right and proceed in the direction of Decathlon,Novotel etc.it connects you straight to the srisailam highway.left at that junction would take you towards chandrayangutta.take a right and keep on the road for approximately 5kms and you would see the ORR.

http://goo.gl/maps/DhXgg

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 30th August 2013 at 18:32.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 19:09   #1572
BHPian

Ppl,
I need to go to Leonia Resort at Shamirpet from Somajiguda. Straightforward route would be to take Begumpet -> Karkhana -> Trimulgherry -> Bolarum -> Rajiv Rahadari Rd. But am not sure of road/traffic conditions here, though its tomorrow/Saturday pre lunch so I guess the traffic should be OK??
Or, it would be suggestible to take Medchal Road and then ORR to reach the location (about 9.5 Kms extra here)?
Old 30th August 2013, 19:14   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Ppl,
I need to go to Leonia Resort at Shamirpet from Somajiguda. Straightforward route would be to take Begumpet -> Karkhana -> Trimulgherry -> Bolarum -> Rajiv Rahadari Rd. But am not sure of road/traffic conditions here, though its tomorrow/Saturday pre lunch so I guess the traffic should be OK??
Or, it would be suggestible to take Medchal Road and then ORR to reach the location (about 9.5 Kms extra here)?
The bottlenecks in traffic are similar on both routes. On one, traffic can be bad till Trimulgherry/ Alwal; on the other, till Bowenpally Jn.

Go by the shorter route.
Old 30th August 2013, 19:15   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Ppl,
Take the Trimulgherry road.No traffic hassles.The only traffic, if at all ,is what you might encounter at Trimulgherry Crossroads.Post that its a smooth ride all throughout.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 19:52   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
From arrival terminal, go towards Srisailam exit and turn right to join the Srisailam Road. At ORR, follow the boards marked for Vijayawada, take toll ticket, join the main ORR and enjoy the drive.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 30th August 2013 at 19:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks