Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 15:09   #1621
BANNED

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Slow moving vehicles by themselves are not a nuisance, but slow moving vehicles overtaking other slow moving vehicles are what cause traffic jams.
I see this everyday and best part the lorry drivers that I encounter on the ORR feel it is a four-lane race track and all occupy the four lanes trying to overtake each other. The problem arises when you honk for way or flash lights, the drivers look at each other thinking who should compromise. but eventually the give way.

Quote:
The most frightening of the lot is a speeding maniac (>160 kmph) charging from the rear at which point one wouldn't know whether to change lanes and give way or stay put
These are the worst and funniest guys of the lot. They charge past my car (100 kmph) and give me a look that "I'm driving faster than you types" and when such lorry drivers are encountered they are confused as to which lane to overtake without loosing much speed. It is risky sometimes but they drive in the centre of the road with hazard lights ON till given way to overtake.

Quote:
especially considering that using the indicators is meaningless because different people interpret them differently (to the sensible people, indicating left means, "I'm going left", whereas to the others it means, "Feel free to overtake me from the left").
This is mostly seen on highways and not more on the city roads. I feel the population is getting the awareness and do understand the use of the indicators for lane changing.

Earlier when a car had to go straight on a four-lane crossroad the driver used to switch ON the hazard flasher and go straight.

Anurag.
Old 26th October 2013, 21:48   #1622
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Today was a traffic nightmare in Hyderabad. The rain ravaged roads and the vehicles coming to the YSR Congress meet made my life hell on roads.

I had to travel from Miyapur to Nalgonda X Roads and then to Gandhi Hospital and back. The onward trip to Nalgonda took a cool 3 hours. Then the traffic on the other side was so bad that I did not dare to come back in the same route, rather I travelled ahead to Dilsukh Nagar and took a left to Nagole Road, thru Uppal, Tarnaka and reached Gandhi Hosp. The traffic was crawling the entire way and so I ended up spending almost 7 hours to complete this entire journey including the pit stops.

Now I should really start considering the MMTS for the cross city travels.
Old 28th October 2013, 17:27   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Now I should really start considering the MMTS for the cross city travels.
Even though MMTS may look really tempting in situations like these, they are not at all dependable. I used to travel from Begumpet to Lingampalli regularly by MMTS and the trains never used to follow any time-table. Many times I thought I am boarding the next scheduled train only to know that its actually the previous train which is running late. Ofcourse once ur in the train, you are pretty much sure that that you would reach your destination faster and without much hassle.

Also last mile connectivity from MMTS stations is a real problem during odd times, not to forget the stations (most of them atleast) are pretty isolated.
Old 28th October 2013, 18:41   #1624
BHPian

Where are the roads, dear Hyderabadis? Seriously! I was out of the city for a month and someone chomped on all of the city's roads meanwhile. All I see is gravel everywhere with craters in between. This is like playing Hill Climb Racing.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 19:23   #1625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
All I see is gravel everywhere with craters in between. This is like playing Hill Climb Racing.
Hill Climb Racing

The roads are transforming into the craters of the moon and we have to play Hill climb racing live. The small screen on the mobile strains the eye so the authorities are helping us with a wider view and better obstacles. Why not call the makers of that game and ask them to make a track in game that shows the roads in our city!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 21:03   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Compared to last week, I could see some progress in filling up the potholes today, though it appears to be shoddy. At least the major potholes near Green Mosque, Banjara Hills are no longer that deep.

But the potholes on DC Road, especially the stretch opposite NCC office have turned into craters. I wonder why the construction giant does not care to get that spot repaired as a CSR initiative.

A word of caution for those traveling on Rd # 2 from Nagarjuna Circle towards Srinagar Colony: there is an elevated manhole for the past 2 weeks opposite the Times of India office. It is to the right of the middle lane, close to the lane abutting the divider. That manhole has gained notoriety for many sidewall cuts, so beware.
Being forewarned is forearmed!
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 11:23   #1627
Senior - BHPian

It looks like God was kind to me this year!

Almost all the potholes on my daily route seem to have been filled up, though not completely. This includes both the DC Road and the deep ones in front of Nagarjuna Constructions HO near the lake. Perhaps Fordmanchau got that part filled up by using his influence in NCC!

At least, one can drive in 3rd gear on that stretch, though the potholes have not been completely filled up. Till last week, we used to crawl in 1st gear in a zig-zag manner.

I was pleasantly surprised that even the 'sidewall cutting' manhole opp TOI on Rd #2 Banjara Hills has been done up, but still the top of the lid is protruding a bit, so a bit of caution is advised.
Old 6th November 2013, 20:56   #1628
PVS
BHPian

Got pulled over by a cop just as I was crossing the first signal underneath the Telugu Talli Flyover(when you come Lakdi-ka-pul) - I was coming from Lakdi-Ka-Pul side and headed towards Himayathnagar. Apparently they have installed timers there(i dont recollect having seen them before), and there were a good 2 seconds left on the timer when I crossed the stop line - all the signals in my direction were green. Yet, the cop pulls me over and tells that I had to stop before the line when the timer was near 2 seconds - no amount of arguing from my end helped.

He told that I would be given a challan for jumping a red light, and that it was recorded on video and I would have to leave my vehicle there(till I could pay the challan???) and so on and so forth - I didn't have the patience to argue with him so paid him a couple of 100 bucks and he goes "Thank you Sir"!!

Felt very bad afterwards that I didn't get down and question him, nor the other cops at the intersection - just wanted some advice here - how to deal with a situation like this? Can I see the video evidence of my "so-called" jumping the signal? Can I contest the challan? And if some one is issued a challan, is it mandatory that the challan be paid on the spot( I guess you have to pay challans at the nearest eSeva, and show proof of payment)?
Of course, I didn't have a dashboard cam - not quite sure how that would have helped either.

Last edited by PVS : 6th November 2013 at 21:01. Reason: corrected spelling mistakes
Old 6th November 2013, 23:40   #1629
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Can I see the video evidence of my "so-called" jumping the signal?
You can see the image of the violation but a little while later as it will get uploaded onto the website of Hyderabad Traffic Police.

Check this link. Enter your car's registration number and find out the details.

http://www.echallan.org/publicview/

Quote:
And if some one is issued a challan, is it mandatory that the challan be paid on the spot (I guess you have to pay challans at the nearest eSeva, and show proof of payment)?
You can't and should NOT pay it on the spot. It must be paid at the E Seva and you must have the proof of payment made. This proof must be preserved in case there is a problem in future.

Quote:
Of course, I didn't have a dashboard cam - not quite sure how that would have helped either.
I guess it would not have helped.

Anurag.
Old 7th November 2013, 00:18   #1630
BHPian

Quote:

Can I see the video evidence of my "so-called" jumping the signal? Can I contest the challan?
Yes , you can definitely request to see the clipping from the camera.For this we would need to go to the police station which issued the challan and request for the same.
I have once been to the Cyberabad police commissionerate when I had a similar suspicion on the challan that I received via postal service for jumping the signal near Gachibowli.Guess what they indeed showed me the video with the time stamp .
Without any more questions I paid Rs 125 via online E-Seva. The episode has definitely cleared the doubt that I previously had in my mind about these flashing camera's, if they ever worked.
It is always good to pay these fines online as it is assured that the amount reaches the government and you get the receipt for the same as well.

I also found the below link which may be helpful.

http://www.htp.gov.in/GotWrongChallan.html
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 10:08   #1631
PVS
BHPian

This link http://hyderabad.trafficpolice.co.in...and-fines.html displays the list of offences and fines against each offence.
Old 7th November 2013, 14:38   #1632
BHPian

Guys...looks like the High security number plates need to be installed. Our transport minister has given a deadline of Dec 1st for the same. Link below:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/13110...vehicles-dec-1

Anyone knows where these can be installed from. I am aware that our great APSRTC is foreseeing its implementation. But I have no idea who the guys responsible for installing it are. Even the news says that an agency has been identified but doesnot mention who it is.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 22:43   #1633
BHPian

What happened in HITEC city area today ? Any VIP darshan or any road work in progress ?

I got out from office at 7, bought some stuff at Labonel Gachibowli by 7.15, but then took a whopping 1.5 hours to cover the distance from there to Kukatpally Flyover. Terrible bumper to bumper traffic, but the end of it I couldn't find any reason as to why the traffic was stuck.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 15:34   #1634
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Guys...looks like the High security number plates need to be installed. Our transport minister has given a deadline of Dec 1st for the same.

Anyone knows where these can be installed from. I am aware that our great APSRTC is foreseeing its implementation. But I have no idea who the guys responsible for installing it are. Even the news says that an agency has been identified but doesnot mention who it is.
The deadline is given but the government yet to finalize a supplier for the HSNP and the guys who are responsible for installation.

We will have to wait till further notice is issued by the government.

I am waiting for the plates as it increases the look of the vehicle apart from safety.

Anurag.
Old 9th November 2013, 19:00   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Guys...looks like the High security number plates need to be installed. Our transport minister has given a deadline of Dec 1st for the same. Link below:

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/13110...vehicles-dec-1

Great. Now I can waste money on 5 pairs of number plates to replace perfectly alright current plates, just to have them replaced next year when they carve out a new state.

Why don't they implement this starting with all new registrations, iron out the kinks and then implement their stupid deadlines for everyone else?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks