Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 19:32   #1636
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post

Great. Now I can waste money on 5 pairs of number plates to replace perfectly alright current plates, just to have them replaced next year when they carve out a new state.

Why don't they implement this starting with all new registrations, iron out the kinks and then implement their stupid deadlines for everyone else?
Makes perfect sense to me, I too feel that there is no point in spending for the new plates now until something concrete comes up.They better have a clear understanding for themselves before they impose these deadlines.
Old 11th November 2013, 21:01   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Guys

I was pleasantly surprised to see today some new traffic restrictions on the DC road entry from PBEL Junction. It is a welcome move that has yielded marvelous results---something we were wishing for a couple of years ago.

People approaching from Rd #45 and 92 now cannot take a right turn towards Madhapur PS. Earlier most of us used to do so, and then take the immediate left to enter DC Road via Vasantha Estates. Now one must turn left and then take a right turn after around 150 meters to enter DC Road from the other side, behind Knoah Solutions. One can take a U turn instead if one needs to go to Madhapur PS. This has eliminated the bottleneck at PBEL Jn.

Another bottleneck at the entry to DC road at the 4-road junction near Netscape has also got consequentially removed, as most vehicles now started using the new route described above. Even my return journey in the evening was smooth at both spots.

It was also good to see a makeshift divider on that narrow stretch till Nectar Gardens, forcing people to stick to their lanes. Earlier, lots of Indicabs and two-wheelers used to eat up space of the opposite traffic.

Looks like Cyberbaad cops are really making many improvements after CV Anand was posted there. Another recent development was the opening of the right turn towards Mindspace after Thomson Reuters and Infotech, which has vastly reduced traffic at the Mindspace Junction further down.

Last edited by vnabhi : 11th November 2013 at 21:03.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 21:55   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to see today some new traffic restrictions on the DC road entry from PBEL Junction. It is a welcome move that has yielded marvelous results---something we were wishing for a couple of years ago.
I observed these diversions on 5th November. Did not post here thinking it must have been in place for some times (I visit that area once a month or once every 2 months).

Yes, driving in the evening peak hours there was a breeze.

Went towards Inorbit at 7pm and returned at 8pm and could actually engage 3rd gear at certain spots.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 21:58   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I observed these diversions on 5th November. Did not post here thinking it must have been in place for some times (I visit that area once a month or once every 2 months).

Yes, driving in the evening peak hours there was a breeze.

Went towards Inorbit at 7pm and returned at 8pm and could actually engage 3rd gear at certain spots.
I was out of station last week, so came to know only today. Thanks for clarifying. A welcome move indeed!
Old 12th November 2013, 13:52   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
...I was pleasantly surprised to see today some new traffic restrictions on the DC road entry from PBEL Junction. It is a welcome move that has yielded marvelous results---something we were wishing for a couple of years ago...
I have always maintained that building that median was a stupid decision in the first place. Before the median was built, there was never any hold up at PBEL junction because people coming from Madhapur PS could directly take the right for DC Road instead of having to come up to PBEL junction and take a U. This left the PBEL junction free for people approaching from Rd No. 45. In fact, when the median was being built I remarked to my wife the many issues this will cause.

Quote:
...Another recent development was the opening of the right turn towards Mindspace after Thomson Reuters and Infotech, which has vastly reduced traffic at the Mindspace Junction further down. ...
Again, closing this was among the stupidest things to ever do. There is no euphemistic way to describe this.
lucifer1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 13:55   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
I have always maintained that building that median was a stupid decision in the first place. Before the median was built, there was never any hold up at PBEL junction because people coming from Madhapur PS could directly take the right for DC Road instead of having to come up to PBEL junction and take a U. This left the PBEL junction free for people approaching from Rd No. 45. In fact, when the median was being built I remarked to my wife the many issues this will cause.

Again, closing this was among the stupidest things to ever do. There is no euphemistic way to describe this.
Yes, I'd posted matching views on both points a couple of years back (post #1197 on page 80), when the median was built on a road that did not deserve one.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th November 2013 at 13:59.
Old 19th December 2013, 12:31   #1642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Legal Metrology Department which looks after Auto Meter, Weights Violations and MRP Violations has launched a Toll-Free Number for giving complaints. Kindly report Rigged Auto Meter complaints at 1860 425 3333. Above number can be dialled from any Land line and any BSNL Mobile.
You can also e-mail them at clm@ap.nic.in or
Send a SMS at 9490 165 619.
Please make a note of the number and e-mail and let your friends know about it....Admin H !
From https://www.facebook.com/HYDTP
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 17:55   #1643
BHPian

^^ Do these guys also take complaints about those that do not put on meters and overloaded autos plying arpund Cyberabad limits? These are turning out to be regular practices nowadays.
Old 20th December 2013, 19:16   #1644
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
^^ Do these guys also take complaints about those that do not put on meters and overloaded autos plying arpund Cyberabad limits? These are turning out to be regular practices nowadays.
AFAIK, the complaints will be taken for vehicles abd areas falling under Hyderabad territory and not in Cyberabad.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 00:17   #1645
BHPian

Where can I find a good old fashioned paper map of Hyderabad (revised recently)? Should I drop by one of the tours and travels places or a bookstore?
Old 29th December 2013, 18:15   #1646
Senior - BHPian

This week I'd made 4 trips to RGIA, Shamshabad. On a couple of them, I needed to descend from the PVNR Expressway to reach someone staying at Attapur, near Reliance Digital, which is opposite pillar # 154.

Though many entry and exit ramps are under construction to and from PVNRE , when coming back from the airport, there is only one exit ramp at pillar #200.
And while going to the airport, I doubt if there is any exit ramp, though if one is traveling on the road below, there are entry ramps at pillar # 75 and 200.

Thought of sharing this information.

@hellmet: try Walden or Odyssey. But the latest would always be Google Maps on the net.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 19:21   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And while going to the airport, I doubt if there is any exit ramp, though if one is traveling on the road below, there are entry ramps at pillar # 75 and 200.
BTW, I think the lack of exits in onward route is 'by design'. PVNR was built specifically for decreasing the airport commute time. Lack of multiple exits along the way help in reaching the airport in time without traffic snarls once you get on the PVNR. Otherwise, the expressway would be like any other flyover in peak hours causing many travellers to miss the flight if they don't anticipate rush hour traffic and start much earlier.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 22:22   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
BTW, I think the lack of exits in onward route is 'by design'. PVNR was built specifically for decreasing the airport commute time. Lack of multiple exits along the way help in reaching the airport in time without traffic snarls once you get on the PVNR. Otherwise, the expressway would be like any other flyover in peak hours causing many travellers to miss the flight if they don't anticipate rush hour traffic and start much earlier.
True, but there are a couple of exit ramps under construction, and I guess they will be opened in a few months.
Old 31st December 2013, 17:38   #1649
BHPian

Major roads like PVNR Expressway, Outer Ring Road (ORR), Upper Tank Bund Road, NTR Marg and Necklace Road to be closed on New years eve in Hyderabad. Excerpts from the link at the end of the post.

Quote:
...ORR would be closed for light motor vehicles and public transport from 11 pm on December 31 to 5 am on January 1. Passengers to the airport will be allowed on the ORR subject to production of air tickets. Medium and heavy goods vehicles, however, will be allowed on the ORR.
(from TOI)

Diversions are announced too

Read the full story at this link
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/28156797.cms
Old 31st December 2013, 18:13   #1650
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Major roads like PVNR Expressway, Outer Ring Road (ORR), Upper Tank Bund Road, NTR Marg and Necklace Road to be closed on New years eve in Hyderabad. Excerpts from the link at the end of the post.

Diversions are announced too
A good thought from the government to shut them down else the cases of drunken driving and accidents will go up considerably.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks