Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 07:31   #1681
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Hi Hydeez,
Please check the below link for more information about implementation of HSNP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
My car has gone for registration today and I gave been charged Rs510. Shall update once I get some clarity.

Anurag.
An update from my side.

My car as per Varun Motors will be the first to get HSNP installed from the RTO. My cars registration falls under RTA-Kukatpally (AP 328). My car will get is plates by this week (Festival time so RTO is closed) where the installation shall be at done at the RTO.

There RTO is automatically issuing the HSNP and the customer doesn't have a choice of installing the normal white plates. The RTO officials say the AP government is serious about this and a circular shall be issued to enlighten all the public. The official also says - Vehicles that are already registered have a time line till December, 2015 to get the plates changed to HSNP.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 14:18   #1682
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
My car as per Varun Motors will be the first to get HSNP installed from the RTO. My cars registration falls under RTA-Kukatpally (AP 328).
First of all, congratulations on your new car.

They are lying. I saw a picture in TOI in which an RTA Big Boss was handing over Hyd's first HSNP to a lady applicant. This was a few weeks ago.

May be yours is the first car to get HSNP from KP RTA. In that case, Varun Motors could be right.

BTW, how much are they charging?[/quote]

Quote:
There RTO is automatically issuing the HSNP and the customer doesn't have a choice of installing the normal white plates. The RTO officials say the AP government is serious about this and a circular shall be issued to enlighten all the public. The official also says - Vehicles that are already registered have a time line till December, 2015 to get the plates changed to HSNP.
The government's decision is immature. Atleast till there is ambiguity over what state codes we will be using and many other unanswered quesions.
Farukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 14:44   #1683
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
First of all, congratulations on your new car.

May be yours is the first car to get HSNP from KP RTA. In that case, Varun Motors could be right.

BTW, how much are they charging?
What I meant was Kukatpally RTO mine is the first car under Varun Motors (Sorry for the error in posting. Should have been clear).

I have paid Rs 510 for this.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 21:51   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Has anybody used the shortcut route from nVidia to Gachibowli? There seems to be a kutcha road for some distance after nVidia and then it seems to be a good road till the entrance to ORR at Nanakramguda.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...5&via=1,2&z=16
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Venu Saab, that is not yet fully functional I guess. If you are willing to take the pain of bump-bump-bump, then I guess you can try it. I once took that road and ended up going around through mud-dust and what not to end up at Nanakramguda ORR Exit. I never tried that route again. It was like an Off Roading Track all together. Let me see, if I can do a recce of it on someones bike here.
Hi guys,

Any updates on the above? It's been over a year since the last update.
Old 16th January 2014, 23:00   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
What I meant was Kukatpally RTO mine is the first car under Varun Motors (Sorry for the error in posting. Should have been clear).

I have paid Rs 510 for this.

Anurag.
Anurag,

Was the amount you paid for registration or for HSNP?

The actual cost of HSNP for cars is 1249.00 Rs and 667.00 Rs for 2 wheelers (as decided by the A.P Government).

Didn't they ask you to pay more for HSNP?
Old 16th January 2014, 23:11   #1686
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Anurag,

Was the amount you paid for registration or for HSNP?

The actual cost of HSNP for cars is 1249.00 Rs and 667.00 Rs for 2 wheelers (as decided by the A.P Government).

Didn't they ask you to pay more for HSNP?
No buddy. I have only paid Rs 510 for the registration. When my dad had gone for the registration he wasn't asked to pay up anything extra.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 22:34   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Owing to many fatalities on the ORR, new restrictions come into effect from today.

Finally, Cyberabad cops have acquired several interceptors to put an end to such indiscipline. Perhaps this is the first time in India that fines are going to be imposed for driving not only above speed limit, but also below it. In short, both leftmost lanes have a speed limit of 40 (minimum) and 80 (maximum). The other two fast lanes have 80 (minimum) and 120 (maximum)

Details are in link below:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/29027850.cms

One of the best rules is that heavy vehicles must use only the leftmost lanes.

IMO, this is laudable effort. But only time will tell how effective the implementation will be. Fingers crossed.

Only lamentable part is that there is no stretch now near Hyd to test vehicle dynamics after wheel balancing and alignment.

Last edited by vnabhi : 19th January 2014 at 22:35.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 23:59   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Only lamentable part is that there is no stretch now near Hyd to test vehicle dynamics after wheel balancing and alignment.
Venuji, I think 120 is not bad to test the dynamics of our kind of cars.

Let's try some dynamics during our next drive meet.
autotranny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 10:25   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Venuji, I think 120 is not bad to test the dynamics of our kind of cars.
Not always. In our previous drive to Warangal, I could not speed up to catch up with most of the guys due to vibrations in the steering around that speed.

But in most cases, you are right.

BTW, nobody has responded to my earlier query regarding the shortcut from Waverock to the ORR Jn at Nanakramguda. Any updates?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:44   #1690
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, Cyberabad cops have acquired several interceptors to put an end to such indiscipline. Perhaps this is the first time in India that fines are going to be imposed for driving not only above speed limit, but also below it. In short, both leftmost lanes have a speed limit of 40 (minimum) and 80 (maximum). The other two fast lanes have 80 (minimum) and 120 (maximum)
Details are in link below:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/29027850.cms
One of the best rules is that heavy vehicles must use only the leftmost lanes.
I wonder if the cops will actually penalize lane defaulters like heavy vehicles / other vehicles hogging the 4th lane exclusively. I see cops in Hyderabad throw a blind eye to people breaking law ( driving without helmets, driving on one way, wrong side of road etc) right under their noses all the time.

And all that the traffic cops love to do or insist to do is to catch soft targets ( folks actually following the law on their way to work) and harass them. Its a pretty sad state of affairs.
dreadknight5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:04   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadknight5 View Post
I wonder if the cops will actually penalize lane defaulters like heavy vehicles / other vehicles hogging the 4th lane exclusively. I see cops in Hyderabad throw a blind eye to people breaking law ( driving without helmets, driving on one way, wrong side of road etc) right under their noses all the time.

And all that the traffic cops love to do or insist to do is to catch soft targets ( folks actually following the law on their way to work) and harass them. Its a pretty sad state of affairs.
Correct. I had my first whiff of the ORR under the new rules yesterday when I had to drop my wife at RGIA from Gachibowli. Compared to my earlier drives, I had to consciously keep my speed limited to the new limits.

And yes, I found most trucks hogging the left most lanes, and not the high speed lanes. But there were no cops or their new vehicles in sight anywhere. And I did find one or two wayward tempo travellers hogging the line between both high-speed lanes, causing us to overtake from the left, with blinkers on to warn vehicles behind.

I guess it is a matter of time before many fall in line.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 17:06   #1692
BHPian

Kompally to Hitech city is my daily office commute.

My route goes like this Kompally -> Shapur -> UMCC -> KPHB -> Hitech City Rlwy station -> Hitech City

The UMCC -> KPHB road is terrible from the last one month due to some pipelining works and I have been searching for options.

Any idea if we might have a better route?

The Jagadgiri gutta road is very bad and has a narrow bridge which is a bottle neck. I don't want to use this.

Any suggestions might help guys! Thanks in advance.
Inquilab28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 11:07   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquilab28 View Post
Kompally to Hitech city is my daily office commute.

My route goes like this Kompally -> Shapur -> UMCC -> KPHB -> Hitech City Rlwy station -> Hitech City....
Any suggestions might help guys! Thanks in advance.
You could try this route.

Kompally>Bowenpally>Balanagar>Take left before CITD>Reach Moosapet below the Flyover>Take left towards at Moosapet X roads>Pass by Rainbow Vistas, KPHB 4th phase>Reach just before Hi-tech City flyover and from there you would know. Roads are pretty average but they will save you lot of time.

My friend travels from Chintal to Hi-tech city everyday. He takes the route through Jeedimetla to reach Balanagar X roads and uses the same route.

There is also a route through ESI, Borabanda that joins the Ayyappa society colony road. You could even try that.
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 19:35   #1694
BANNED

Quote:
Correct. I had my first whiff of the ORR under the new rules yesterday when I had to drop my wife at RGIA from Gachibowli. Compared to my earlier drives, I had to consciously keep my speed limited to the new limits.

And yes, I found most trucks hogging the left most lanes, and not the high speed lanes. But there were no cops or their new vehicles in sight anywhere. And I did find one or two wayward tempo travellers hogging the line between both high-speed lanes, causing us to overtake from the left, with blinkers on to warn vehicles behind.

I guess it is a matter of time before many fall in line.
This rule is yet to be implemented on the rest of the ORR.

The part of ORR that I use i.e: Exit-6 (Medchal/Nagpur) to Exit-3 (Patancheru/Mumbai), the heavy vehicles on that stretch feel that the fastest lane is the best to travel and cars on the left hand side. Some of them keep driving in between two lanes

Hope this rule is implemented fast.

-----------------------------------------

Thanks to Venu Sir for the link and information, here is a part of it.

Quote:
All high security registration plates (HSRP) fitted so far are illegal. Incidentally, though lead partner of the consortium, which bagged the contract to affix HSRP in the state, claims to have intimated all top offices, including the Chief Minister's Office, about the uncertified plates, no action has been taken so far.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/29373570.cms

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th January 2014 at 19:58.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 00:45   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Any updates on the above? It's been over a year since the last update.
Ever since they installed signals at Wipro circle, I have been trying alternate route to bypass this. Once I tried this road you mentioned from the ORR exit end. The road was narrow but good to some extend. But after you pass unique inflatable factory, someone had blocked the road completely. I had to come back and take the usual route.
rknair is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks