Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 18:52   #1696
BANNED

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

An Update:

I just received my RC book for the Swift ZDi a full 10 days later than the allowed date (T/R Number validity is 1 month).

Got normal plates installed for the car today.

The RTO's are not installing HSNP/HSRP now after the case of fake has been put up in news.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 13:25   #1697
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Any idea what is this user charge and why? Why should I bear the user charge when the system actually makes HTPs life easier, not mine (comparatively). I should atleast be given an option of paying it in person, not that I'll prefer it but what about people who are not so internet savvy? How would they know about their pending challans, unless they're pulled over randomly which is quite the norm. Is HTP still sending the challans by post?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-picture1.png  

Farukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 17:36   #1698
BHPian

AFAIK, user charge is some kind of a service charge that the HTP levy along with the challan payment. But I am not sure why it is still 35 bucks. I was told that for a 1000 rupee challan, it was charged at 3.5%, but now looks like the fines have decreased, but the user charges amount remain.

And yeah, these challans do arrive at the address provided in the challaned vehicle RC. If your address is not upto date, then its a problem again.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 20:48   #1699
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Any idea what is this user charge and why? Why should I bear the user charge when the system actually makes HTPs life easier, not mine (comparatively). I should atleast be given an option of paying it in person, not that I'll prefer it but what about people who are not so internet savvy? How would they know about their pending challans, unless they're pulled over randomly which is quite the norm. Is HTP still sending the challans by post?
The user charges are like 'Service Tax', life easy for HTP but not for us!

The challan is sent to the address that the car is registered to and simultaneously uploaded in their portal. If the fee is not paid within stipulated the police given 3 warnings with late fees and after that the car is lifted off to the nearest where you have to pay the outstanding amount along with the late fees + towing charges.

Now if the address of residence is not updated that is an issue which will lead to exaggeration of problems, hence update address in the RC book when you shift houses (Not that people change houses many times.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 08:05   #1700
BHPian

The address on my RC is same as my current address. I should have received the physical challan by now. Let me ask HTP on their FB page. I might not get a satisfactory answer but I'll try.
Old 10th February 2014, 22:50   #1701
Senior - BHPian

Durgam Cheruvu Road users got respite from the jarry ride today, as most of the rough places have been done up over the weekend, notably those between the car workshop and Nectar Gardens, and the small stretch in front of NCC office.

But the only negative thing I noticed was that the makeshift divider they'd put is broken at places and mis-aligned in some spots, making the passage narrow.

Let us see how long this patchwork lasts.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 23:20   #1702
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
The address on my RC is same as my current address. I should have received the physical challan by now. Let me ask HTP on their FB page. I might not get a satisfactory answer but I'll try.
Any update on your reply from HTP?

Surprisingly, the challans are not coming home for my dad and his colleague too.

My dad's colleague has a WagonR so when he was selling it in exchange for a Ertiga ZDi, Maruti guys collected the whole pending challan amount (Rs 766), paid the same at eSeva and closed the account. Only after this happens the RC Book gets updated replacing with the details of the Ertiga.

Till this amount is not paid the RTO and the dealer generally don't sell the car. This is of Maruti but not sure how others work.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 10:45   #1703
BHPian

ADVISORY :

With the start of construction of a pillar for the metro rail just before Greenlands Junction opposite to White House (the building adjoining Lifestyle building in Begumpet which houses Ohri's De Thali), the road at the end of the flyover above Begampet Railway Station has narrowed down drastically and started witnessing snarls when coming from Secunderabad side and going to Punjagutta/Ameerpet side.

Be prepared for heavy jams and slow clearance of traffic right from Minister Road Junction till Greenlands Junction.
hyd_traveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 10:48   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
ADVISORY :

With the start of construction of a pillar for the metro rail just before Greenlands Junction opposite to White House (the building adjoining Lifestyle building in Begumpet which houses Ohri's De Thali), the road at the end of the flyover above Begampet Railway Station has narrowed down drastically and started witnessing snarls when coming from Secunderabad side and going to Punjagutta/Ameerpet side.

Be prepared for heavy jams and slow clearance of traffic right from Minister Road Junction till Greenlands Junction.
My daughter took 40 minutes on her scooter from CM's Camp Office area to reach her office in the White House building yesterday. I believe even the road near Country Club has narrowed down considerably.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 11:06   #1705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
ADVISORY :

Thanks a lot. I need to go towards KIMS later today. Will stick to Necklace road instead of taking this route.

People approaching the Quality Inn junction from Gachibowli can take a left turn just before the Ratnadeep. This will help avoid the jam at the turning.
You take the left, then the first right. Do not go straight as the road has a wire put across it to block access.

This will connect you to the main road after Quality Inn.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 11:25   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Thanks a lot. I need to go towards KIMS later today. Will stick to Necklace road instead of taking this route.

People approaching the Quality Inn junction from Gachibowli can take a left turn just before the Ratnadeep. This will help avoid the jam at the turning.
You take the left, then the first right. Do not go straight as the road has a wire put across it to block access.

This will connect you to the main road after Quality Inn.
That detour existed for long, but was rather bumpy. I took it last year when I had to pick up my wife from Quality Inn and then head towards Tolichowki.

As regards the Lifestyle stretch, i just spoke to my daughter. She took 20 minutes today by scooter, which is double the normal time. The bottleneck is on the stretch from the U turn below the Begumpet flyover near Country Club till the Lifestyle Building. As it is, that road is narrow, but the pillars for the Metro have made it narrower.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 11:27   #1707
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That detour existed for long, but was rather bumpy. I took it last year when I had to pick up my wife from Quality Inn and then head towards Tolichowki.
The road is much better now. I almost always use this when cycling. While driving I take it if there is a jam at the junction.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 13:35   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I need to go towards KIMS later today. Will stick to Necklace road instead of taking this route
May not be an issue when going to KIMS.
Keep an eye open on traffic condition on the other side while going and decide your return route accordingly.
Old 11th February 2014, 14:43   #1709
Team-BHP Support

I took Jubilee hills road 45, Banjara hills road 12.
Then Lakdi ka pull towards Ranigunj.

Total journey less than 40 mins. Green signals all the way.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:32   #1710
Team-BHP Support

I had to drive from Madhapur to Kompally.
Google suggested getting down the new flyover at Hi Tech railway station and then take right that shall connect me to Moosapet flyover.
I had used this road a couple of years back. It was decent albeit narrow.

It is a nightmare now.
The road is wide but there is no tarmac and its very rough.
Plus some speeding school buses on it throwing up a lot of dirt.

I reached Kompally and started my drive back towards Langar Houz.
The road leading towards Paradise flyover is so bad. A full lane is lost to pipe work or something.
Sadly in both the bad roads I encountered, there was no one working on them.

Just felt happy about my decision to dump this city center and moving close to the ORR.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks