Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2014, 15:41   #1741
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Looks like the rounding off to the nearest has increased toll from Gachibowli to Pedda Amberpet as well. I was charged 60/- now from the earlier Rs 50/-. What was more shocking is that the first toll on the VJA highway (at Panthangi) has increased too, from 58/- earlier to 65/- now. Now my weekend trips to Nalgonda cost Rs 17/- more for each pass :(
Old 1st May 2014, 11:23   #1742
J.Ravi

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

I understand that the stretch of Hyderabad ORR from Pedda Amberpet to Shamirpet is not yet complete. Then, which is the best route to bypass Hyderabad, when I drive from Narketpalli on NH 9 to Medchal on NH7 [or beyond] towards Nagpur? MMI suggests driving through the city, which I wish to avoid, if possible. Google Maps suggests this route via Ghatkesar. Kindly enlighten me.

Old 1st May 2014, 11:49   #1743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
from Narketpalli on NH 9 to Medchal on NH7 [or beyond] towards Nagpur
Hi JRavi,

I feel that you should continue onto ORR from Narketpally, cross airport and take Gachibowli exit. Drive straight once you exit the ORR through the city and deadend(Allwyn cross roads-if you take left, you go to Mumbai!) take a right. Drive upto you reach the first traffic lights(Miyapur cross roads) and take left(Bachupally road leading to Gandi Maisamma cross roads). Once you reach Gandi Maisamma cross road, you have to keep going straight to connect you to Nizamabad/Nagpur highway! This road from Gachibowli is not very dense in traffic(depending upon the time you traverse) and is the easiest route, in my opinion.

Check with others too!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 11:55   #1744
BHPian

Take orr from narketpalli -cross airport- do not take gachibowli exit but continue on orr (signage will show mumbai/nagpur)-post crossing patancheru the orr automatically ends at one point which connects to nh7-towards nagpur.

Lots of clear indicators /boards which state the diversion details
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:00   #1745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Take orr from narketpalli -cross airport- do not take gachibowli exit but continue on orr (signage will show mumbai/nagpur)-post crossing patancheru the orr automatically ends at one point which connects to nh7-towards nagpur.

Lots of clear indicators /boards which state the diversion details
This is the best route to connect to the Nagpur Highway.

Just continue on the ORR.

At one point it will become a 2 lane. That is the end of the ORR.
Once you pay the toll and exit you will drive under a bridge.
Keep left. It will open into the Nagpur highway.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 12:48   #1746
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Hyderabad, when I drive from Narketpalli on NH 9 to Medchal on NH7 [or beyond] towards Nagpur? Kindly enlighten me.
Continue driving on the ORR, keep driving and you'll see:

Exit - 3: Mumbai/Hyderabad;

Exit - 4: Balanagar/ Sulthanpur;

Exit - 5: IDA Bolarum/ Medak Road;

Exit - 6: Medchal/Nagpur.

At Exit-6, the ORR ends temporarily, pay the toll and drive down the ramp. Take a left the minute you get down the ramp and continue driving for another 1.8 kms where this by-pass road (Connects Medchal <-> Miyapur via Gandimaisamma - mainly used by heavy vehicles) meets NH-44 aka the Nagpur highway.

Hope this helps.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 14:48   #1747
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I feel that you should continue onto ORR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Take orr from narketpalli
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Just continue on the ORR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Continue driving on the ORR, keep driving and you'll see: Exit - 6: Medchal/Nagpur.
Thanks a lot for prompt guidance, getsurya, Rajesh Rawal, bblost and a4anurag. Now, I got it: essentially, I have to drive on ORR clockwise to reach NH 7.

Old 1st May 2014, 18:44   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Now, I got it: essentially, I have to drive on ORR clockwise to reach NH 7.
Yes, that is correct. On the imaginary clock that has Hyderabad at its center, you'll enter the ORR at 4:30 position and move clockwise till you reach the 12:00 position. A long detour, but well justified if you are entering Hyderabad during busy times.

If you're entering after 9 pm, I'd suggest going via the city and saving lots of kilometers.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 19:38   #1749
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A long detour, but well justified if you are entering Hyderabad during busy times.
Thanks, vnabhi. Yes, I will be reaching the outskirts of Hyderabad in the evening as I plan to leave Chennai by 6 am. That's why, I wish to avoid driving through the city.

Old 23rd May 2014, 18:15   #1750
BHPian

Thanks to some cool analysis done by this guy named Harsha Devulapalli, we now have the line diagram that shows the frequencty of buses within the GHMC limits. I feel it is a good initiative as it gives an idea of the waiting time for every route.

You can download the map from the website http://hydlab.in/

I know google maps has a transit feature but this one looks a close second.
Old 6th June 2014, 13:02   #1751
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who travels to the Financial District via the IIIT junction near HCU can comment on this - while coming from Gachibowli, there are traffic cones at this junction to take free left but the left turn signal turns green only along with the green for going straight. Are we jumping the red light when we take a left turn while the signal shows red light? Has anyone get a challan for the same?

Not sure if the inconsistent traffic signals in Hyderabad need a dedicated thread in itself. Mods, feel free to move this to a separate thread if this is off-topic.
Old 6th June 2014, 13:49   #1752
BHPian

^^ Actually, its quite ambiguous. There are instances whre some of my colleagues get challans when they are taking this left assuming it to be a free left and sometimes whenever a cop is present, he simply waves to you to take the left saying its a free left. Ofcourse, the signal behaves as you mentioned.

I avoid taking the left here. Instead, I take a left immediately after getting down from the gachibowli flyover. This road takes a right-left and right (just follow the road), passes infront of SMR vinay symphony and joins the ISB main road just before the gopichand academy compound. Its fast, has lesser traffic and most importantly, helps avoid this ambiguous signal.
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 10:09   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Starting from Saturday midnight, the narrow road from Grand Kakatiya to Somajiguda Circle has become a bottleneck. It looks like they are doing some repairs opposite to Landmark / Westside building, and to the road beside it. I saw it even on Sunday evening.

So those traveling to Raj Bhavan road from Begumpet had better keep this in mind. It takes nearly 15 minutes to traverse 100 meters.

Those approaching from IT corridor had better enter from the Khairatabad side and take a U turn at the Somajiguda Circle.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 14:45   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Starting from Saturday midnight, the narrow road from Grand Kakatiya to Somajiguda Circle has become a bottleneck. It looks like they are doing some repairs opposite to Landmark / Westside building, and to the road beside it. I saw it even on Sunday evening.
A new storm water drain (pipe) is being laid. This pipe will drain away the rain water which used to accumulate in front of CM's Camp Office with every spell of shower. The work is now going on in the lane next to Westside after having been completed on the main road.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 14:56   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
A new storm water drain (pipe) is being laid. This pipe will drain away the rain water which used to accumulate in front of CM's Camp Office with every spell of shower. The work is now going on in the lane next to Westside after having been completed on the main road.

Sounds good. I drove by last evening and the bottleneck was not as much as it was earlier.

I wonder why they are doing this now, moreso after nobody is planning to occupy the CM's Camp Office (allegedly due to vaastu issues).

While on this topic, it feels nice to drive on that lane near the Camp Office that was hitherto knocked off by the occupants of that building. Only one small stretch still has the barricade though.

By the way, I'd read in the newspapers around 6 months back that the Metro Rail was being diverted in that area so that the Camp Office is not on its path, so much so that a steep curve was being entailed by the new design, causing the metro train to drop speeds drastically to take the steep curve.

Now that the plan is to convert that building into a museum, I wonder why the original plan cannot be restored. I don't think pillars have been laid according to the new plan yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks