Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2014, 04:32   #1786
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Based on the High Court order, can someone please point out the routes that will be affected? It would help the members on this forum.
Cantonment traffic curbs from today

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/43941903.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Just a day after stating that traffic restrictions will be enforced in a "gradual manner" on five road stretches near AOC Centre, the Army authorities have told representatives of residential welfare associations that civilian vehicles will be banned completely on these roads from January 1, 2015.

The shocker came after Army authorities on Tuesday convened a meeting with citizens at Shakti Auditorium of AOC Centre to explain the reasons for civil traffic restrictions on these five roads and the recent High Court order. The representatives, who were waiting to hear the modalities of the night-time restrictions on the five roads which would be between 10 pm and 7 am, were shocked to hear about the complete ban on civilian vehicles from January 1.

General office commanding (GOC), Andhra sub-area, major general CA Pithawalla headed the Army side, while over 100 representatives of residential welfare associations, Malkajgiri Lok Sabha MP Ch Malla Reddy and Secunderabad Cantonment MLA G Sayanna participated in the meeting.

Briefing the representatives of residential colonies from Safilguda, Malkajgiri, ECIL, AS Rao Nagar and RK Puram, commandant, AOC, Daleep Singh said, "We have no option but to close the roads. The roads abutting AOC will remain closed from October 2 between 10 pm and 7 am. There will be total restriction on civilian traffic day and night from January 1, 2015."

Malkajgiri MP Malla Reddy, who is also a member of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence, and MLA Sayanna raised objection stating the move would inconvenience lakhs of citizens commuting on the roads.

Though they requested the Army officials to defer the restrictions till alternative roads were developed, their pleas fell on deaf ears.

"The GOC, Andhra sub-area, suggested a five-member committee of resident welfare associations (RWA) be constituted to avoid inconvenience to general public in view of traffic restrictions to be implemented from October 2," JAC member BT Srinivasan told TOI. The committee would be constituted in a week.

Maj Gen Pithawalla concluded the meeting saying he would oversee relief modalities on restrictions, which would be worked out with the RWA civilian committee once formed.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 16:08   #1787
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

I have come to Hyderabad for office work. This week end i will be going to Chennai in Charminar express (Thu, 18:55 @ Secunderabad station). I am planning to book a Meru cab from Gachibowli (ISB /Infosys) to Secunderabad railway station. What will be the comfortable start time considering the traffic situation? As of now i am planning to start at evening 5 from Gachibowli.
Old 6th October 2014, 17:39   #1788
BHPian

You can book genie cabs which is the hatchback version of Meru. Works out cheaper. Meru usually is catering to airport runs nowadays

5pm should be comfortable.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 17:46   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
You can book genie cabs which is the hatchback version of Meru. Works out cheaper. Meru usually is catering to airport runs nowadays

5pm should be comfortable.
Its all messed up!I booked for a Meru and it was a Genie that turned up for the airport drop,I wasnt complaining since it was a good approx 350rs lesser than my usual Meru rate.720 vs my usual 1150rs It seems both the apps are integrated and the message goes out to all the cabs-Genie and Meru and whoever accepts it takes the booking.
Old 6th October 2014, 18:36   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Meru usually is catering to airport runs nowadays
+1 to that. Few weeks back I was left stranded at Miyapur. No cab was ready to go to Secunderabad. Fortunately, I had enough time left. Took the MMTS from Chandanagar, and that I think is the most convenient mode of transportation to Sec'bad station (provided you don't have too much of luggage).
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 01:31   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I have come to Hyderabad for office work. This week end i will be going to Chennai in Charminar express (Thu, 18:55 @ Secunderabad station). I am planning to book a Meru cab from Gachibowli (ISB /Infosys) to Secunderabad railway station. What will be the comfortable start time considering the traffic situation? As of now i am planning to start at evening 5 from Gachibowli.
Are you sure the cab will reach you before 5? Request the cab to reach you between 4.30 to 4.45. It is always good to have some buffer time. 5 p.m is the ideal time to start towards Secunderabad. You will reach the station between 6.00 to 6.20 p.m.
Old 8th October 2014, 14:25   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Are you sure the cab will reach you before 5? Request the cab to reach you between 4.30 to 4.45. It is always good to have some buffer time. 5 p.m is the ideal time to start towards Secunderabad. You will reach the station between 6.00 to 6.20 p.m.
Good point. My wife almost missed her train last night. We booked Meru cabs online and asked them to report at 720 pm. The train from Secunderabad was at 815 pm, and the distance was only 11 kms via Necklace Road.

The cab turned up 12 minutes late and took 35 minutes to reach, with barely 7 minutes for the train to depart. Luckily it was on platform 1.

There were two pain-points while using Meru yesterday, which have put me off:-
  1. Turning up 12 precious minutes late, despite our booking 12 hours in advance.
  2. Not giving a receipt, though they always used to. I have made 3 calls so far to their helpline and they have still not sent me the bill.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 21:12   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good point. My wife almost missed her train last night. We booked Meru cabs online and asked them to report at 720 pm. The train from Secunderabad was at 815 pm, and the distance was only 11 kms via Necklace Road.
Sir, the traffic in Hyderabad is unpredictable. You never know when there would be a traffic jam and when the roads would be traffic free. As I said in my earlier post, for me, buffer time is a must wherever I go.
Old 8th October 2014, 22:06   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, the traffic in Hyderabad is unpredictable. You never know when there would be a traffic jam and when the roads would be traffic free. As I said in my earlier post, for me, buffer time is a must wherever I go.
Agreed. Since I stay in the thick of traffic snarls, I took the precaution of booking 55 minutes before departure, for a journey that takes 20 to 30 minutes. In all my previous bookings with Meru, the cab arrived 10 to 5 minutes early. This was the first time I felt betrayed.

Coming back to traffic updates, I found the Necklace Road stretch butter smooth, except the last 200 meters from Sanjeevaiah Park to James Street station. The entire road was in shambles a month ago.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 05:21   #1795
BHPian

Anybody travelling towards Bowenpalli from Suchitra/Kompalli side? Be ware, traffic cops with SPEED GUNS are hiding behind the bushes that grow beside the NH near Dairy farm road. Have seen them many times at different spots in the same stretch. One of my colleagues in the office received a challan for over speeding at 55kmph in a 40kmph zone. When he has requested for a photo proof on Hyderabad Traffic Police (HTP) on Facebook, he was given one with speed mentioned on it.

, For many days he used that pic as his WatsApp profile pic.
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 08:13   #1796
BANNED

Quote:
Anybody travelling towards Bowenpalli from Suchitra/Kompalli side? Be ware, traffic cops with SPEED GUNS are hiding behind the bushes that grow beside the NH near Dairy farm road. Have seen them many times at different spots in the same stretch. One of my colleagues in the office received a challan for over speeding at 55kmph in a 40kmph zone. When he has requested for a photo proof on Hyderabad Traffic Police (HTP) on Facebook, he was given one with speed mentioned on it.
IIRC, when going from Suchitra towards Bowenpally, there is a 'speed limit' board on the central median just before when the road turns a natural left.

IIRC, It is 55kmph for Cars and 45 kmph for two-wheelers. Ridiculous limits I must say and it being a highway many will be around 60-65 kmph as it is open after the Suchitra signal.

The main question is: are these guys standing there with the Innova or only with the speed gun?

Anurag.
Old 9th October 2014, 21:18   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The main question is: are these guys standing there with the Innova or only with the speed gun?
Anurag.
Certainly not an Innova. IIRC, the Taveras were earlier equipped with speed guns for Hyderabad Police. Have seen one on KBR stretch two years back. But here, they place the speed gun on an iron stand and a policman stands behind the camera and observes the speeding vehicles. Their position is such that you cannot notice them untill you are just a few feet away from them.
Old 15th October 2014, 04:56   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
IIRC, when going from Suchitra towards Bowenpally, there is a 'speed limit' board on the central median just before when the road turns a natural left.

IIRC, It is 55kmph for Cars and 45 kmph for two-wheelers. Ridiculous limits I must say and it being a highway many will be around 60-65 kmph as it is open after the Suchitra signal.

Anurag.
Rechecked the speed limits. It is 40kmph for two-wheelers and 50kmph for the rest.
Old 15th October 2014, 05:48   #1799
BANNED

Quote:

Rechecked the speed limits. It is 40kmph for two-wheelers and 50kmph for the rest.
I was just 5 kmph extra.

Don't find any sense in this speed limit at that zone and if I'm not wrong that is a National Highway!

The other issue I see on that stretch is street sellers. So to buy the fruits etc people so their cars which obstructs traffic flow. This is seen till the Dairy Farm crossing. Why can't the police see this as a nuisance?

Anurag.
Old 15th October 2014, 06:23   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
I was just 5 kmph extra.

Don't find any sense in this speed limit at that zone and if I'm not wrong that is a National Highway!

The other issue I see on that stretch is street sellers. So to buy the fruits etc people so their cars which obstructs traffic flow. This is seen till the Dairy Farm crossing. Why can't the police see this as a nuisance?

Anurag.
If the fruit/vegetable vendors are not present, from where can the police get their "DAKSHIN"? People stopping their cars on the main road is becoming a menace these days. On Sunday night I have seen traffic jam from the dairy farm cross roads upto Suchitra just because of these vendors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks